Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Good Bye

Zoot

Hi Everyone

Just thought I would let you all know that its a sad good bye from me ive sold me beloved LEX.

A new job with me doing a much higher milage means the straight six was just too costly. I waited and test drove the Lex diesel but unfortunately due to the very high depreciation now on the IS200 it meant I couldnt afford the cost to change. Also I was concerned because on the test drive the best mpg I could get by careful driving was 28mpg - no better than the staright six!

So dare I say it ive gone for a Honda Accord ICDTI EXEC. all the toys and leather etc and probably a better diesel than the LEX, but obviously not the overall quality, image and services etc that comes with owning a LEX. Honda have just released their 2006 Accord minor changes (new front grille and bumbers etc and now with 6 speed manual box.) So I got a fantastic deal on a 2005 brand new model, which made better financial sense.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the help and advice that you have given me over the last 2 years.

Thanks and Good Bye

Zoot (aka Richard)

Goodbye Zoot.

Hope you are happy with the Honda - they do have a superb reputation for quality of engineering and reliability, although I have never actually owned one :D

I did test drive the new Civic, but found it too radical in design, and boy racerish for my taste - ugh

Looked at the Accord before deciding to push the boat out ( and pier with it :o ) and get the new 250 SEL mm.

Could you not have waited a wee while, and maybe got a slightly used 220d ? I feel sure the mpg will improve a lot over the figure you got. Anyway...best of luck :winky:

Hi Eunos

Glad you are happy with your new IS I envy you. I suppose I could have waited but I expected the value of my old IS to continue to tumble and the new IS to have very strong initial residuals. Also the deal I got from Honda was too good to turn down.

Indeed au-revoir Zoot.

I was considering the Accord simply based on that advert a couple of years ago...

I'm sure people know which one i'm on about ("Dominoes" I think it was called)

Hope the new car keeps you happy!

At least you're staying with Japanese cars :)

D.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links