Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Today Was The Day.

Are you talking about the TTE piggy back ECU or the whole OEM ECU :unsure: Ouch if its the latter

I noticed that the TTE piggyback ECU doesn't seem to like moving from car to car. Most people who have had problems with the TTE piggy back ECU are those who have purchsed their SC kit second hand that has previously been installed in another IS. Just an observation

Yeah, on about the Main ECU, got a new one for a very decent price :winky: :winky:

piggy back ECU is not connected at all. Will have to contact TTE for a replacement or try and get hold of a HKS, as I've heard a few good things about them.

Hi there mate did my pics help? also if you can send it back i have a ecu you can try f.o.c.

What is the hks ecu called as im thinking of getting a s/c soon myself.

HKS F-Con

Thanks for that any good place to get one?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you talking about the TTE piggy back ECU or the whole OEM ECU :unsure: Ouch if its the latter

I noticed that the TTE piggyback ECU doesn't seem to like moving from car to car. Most people who have had problems with the TTE piggy back ECU are those who have purchsed their SC kit second hand that has previously been installed in another IS. Just an observation

Yeah, on about the Main ECU, got a new one for a very decent price :winky: :winky:

piggy back ECU is not connected at all. Will have to contact TTE for a replacement or try and get hold of a HKS, as I've heard a few good things about them.

Hi there mate did my pics help? also if you can send it back i have a ecu you can try f.o.c.

What is the hks ecu called as im thinking of getting a s/c soon myself.

Cheers mate, the one I'm getting is hopefully being fitted tomorrow afternoon by a guy who knows his way around Lexi very well. Coz my keys need to be encoded to work with the ECU.

Pics helped but didn't really solve the problem.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow, keep you all posted.

Lee.

Is it going yet Lee :question: did he have look at it for you :question:

Waited in all day yesterday an no show, gave him a ring and he got stuck on another job. Its really starting to get to me now. Going to see him first thing tomorrow morning, may be that i'll need to get the car into him in Hanley.

hoorray, the good news is it now starts and runs. Turned out it wasn't the ECU, it was a minor error with the installation, as in a wire caught where it shouldn't have been :blush::blush:

The only problem now is it cuts out when under load and when the vvti is supposed to kick in. Believe this maybe to do with the black box, as I read few people have had problems with this when changed from car to car. Can anyone confirm this?

Also I am going to contact Friedel tomorrow, does anyone know if he speaks english as my german is no existant.

Cheers

Lee.

i said check all the wires.............. :) couple of weeks ago

Friedel does speak english, however you will be best speaking to someone else as friedel is very busy at the moment, i will Pm you the other contact details.

as a note: VVTi doesnt kick in, its a constant varible camshaft which is controled by engine load/engine temp. and accelerator position

i said check all the wires.............. :) couple of weeks ago

Friedel does speak english, however you will be best speaking to someone else as friedel is very busy at the moment, i will Pm you the other contact details.

as a note: VVTi doesnt kick in, its a constant varible camshaft which is controled by engine load/engine temp. and accelerator position

Cheers mat, the cable was caught just where you can't see it, at the back of the engine on the left hand side where the support bar attaches.

Cheers for the info about the vvti.

Well after nearly 2 weeks off the raod and a few ups and downs, it is sorted and running superbly.

The problem with the cutting out was due to the throttle cable geing stuck at half way, this has been adjusted and it now goes, and :o does it go.

Cheers for everyones help in getting it going, Andy, Chris, Mat, Gord, Mike, Chris S and Mick from Hanley.

Top lads, its really great to be part of such a great forum.

Lee.

Well after nearly 2 weeks off the raod and a few ups and downs, it is sorted and running superbly.

The problem with the cutting out was due to the throttle cable geing stuck at half way, this has been adjusted and it now goes, and :o does it go.

Cheers for everyones help in getting it going, Andy, Chris, Mat, Gord, Mike, Chris S and Mick from Hanley.

Top lads, its really great to be part of such a great forum.

Lee.

Nice to see its all sorted mate :D Big Q, was it worth the wait :D

The exact thing happened me. There wasn't enough slack on the throttle cable so the electronic servo could only pull the bypass cable so far before it met too much resistance and hey presto Eng mgmt light on and flashing TRC light.

Might be helpful if you read this thread and follow my pain I went through lol:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...=27276&hl=LIGHT

@Gord, oh yes definately, may have to give it a good run and go to the midlands meet on the 9th.

@Galla, very interesting link owen, caused quite a debate :) glad you got yours sorted in the end, had any more problems since? I have ordered a new cable from TTE just in case.

@Gord, oh yes definately, may have to give it a good run and go to the midlands meet on the 9th.

@Galla, very interesting link owen, caused quite a debate :) glad you got yours sorted in the end, had any more problems since? I have ordered a new cable from TTE just in case.

Only problem since was the brace bar snapped that goes from the SC cradle to the back of the firewall. I had to get it TIG welded back onto the cradle end. I have a post on that aswell. The thread is called Squeeky Superchager.

Glad your up and running Lee. Its always the simple sh1te! Need anymore help just hollar :)

Cheers mate, i had read the post, the cradle on mine has been strengthened an power coated. So all should be fine now, just have to wait for Germany and Bruntingsthorpe now.

:offtopic: We were going to come over to Ireland, so let us know the new dates and i'll be there, make a little holiday out of it.

Any pics!

Hello, welcome to LOC.

There are a few on the first page, post #19.

Will take some tomorrow in the day light, been out having some fun today and the car looks a little dirty. The back end now steps out a bit more often than before. Oh and the fuel consumption has gone down a fair way, but thats just because I love the noise it makes when you let off the accelerator at high revs. :D :D

Thanks, :D Just finding my way round the site

Question with the ECU was it straight swop plug in jobby

No mate, the ECU you get with the kit, is a little black box about inch and half by inch and half and has 4 wires. These wires are then soldered into the main wiring harness of the car.

med_gallery_10227_227_31709.jpg

:offtopic: You may want to change your signature, see HERE , you don't want Mr Scarface on your back. :winky: :winky:

oh I see now cheers for the diagram as well. Thinking about getting one myself, saved up £3K just doin a bit of research before I order. Checked the pics out looks really neat as if made for it, good job so what nexts airfilter. Well glad she's running good for ya now, Happy Drifting :D

Just a query, you are disconnecting the battery...dont know full wiring of the car, but....is there any caps, or the like there anywhere, as it may be an idea to elave disconnected for a while then. This could be blowing the Piggy Back

Not quie sure what you mean by 'blowing the piggy back'.

The car is running good now, it was the throttle cable that was causing it to cut out.

we got there in the end :blush: , glad to here your happy with it :D

Oh yeah, very very happy with it. I'll give you a bell in the week, when the new cable arrives and we can sort out a few things. The steering wheel is off center but I'll have a go at that mid week.

Cheers again

Lee.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links