Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance

kam05

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My insurance is up for renewal in a couple of months,and i wonder if anyone can help with a query.

I bought a second car last summer,and I have been with direct line for 5 yrs.I asked them if they could do me a deal for my second car,but they said no,that I had to start from scratch with 0 no claims on the second car.I am the only driver on both cars,so I can only drive one car at a time.Yes,I know the other could be nicked while I am driving the other car,but i would have thought they could cut me some slack.

Anyone know if other companies will deal on a second car?

Try More Than, they mirrored mine (which is private not a company car) onto a new company car I bought for a member of staff.

It kind of suprised me.

That said I will be ringing alistair Chapman as mine is due.

More Than were just that. More Than everyone else bar esure!

Cheaper than most for me, and NCB is protected no matter what, and having a bad history its something that is important to me.

Its not worth me changing to save a fiver or tenner a month.

"Looks like a couple more customers for A-Plan. Alastair, you'd better be joining Gold for this! "

The more the merrier, the more clients we get on board the more discounts we get from the insurers, the more discounts we can pass on to you guys, we have already had quite a few enquries on top of the referrals that we get from the lexus dealerships.

http://www.a-plan.co.uk/motor/lexus-insurance.php?int=0

If anyone wants a quote click on this link then when in putting your details mention loc in the comments box.

• 1 month later...
"Looks like a couple more customers for A-Plan. Alastair, you'd better be joining Gold for this! "

The more the merrier, the more clients we get on board the more discounts we get from the insurers, the more discounts we can pass on to you guys, we have already had quite a few enquries on top of the referrals that we get from the lexus dealerships.

http://www.a-plan.co.uk/motor/lexus-insurance.php?int=0

If anyone wants a quote click on this link then when in putting your details mention loc in the comments box.

Just sent my details. Want to know if you can beat my best quote. If you can then there is some more business for you. :D

If you are claim free then I will be able to 'mirror' the no claims bonus across both cars, I'm the manager of A-Plan Insurance in Newbury, call me if you want on 01635 521818.

Alastair

Thanks,Alastair,I'll give you a call a little nearer the time :)

To let you know,yes I am claim free,full NCB(protected),only claim was a windscreen replacement in 2003.

Many thanks to Alastair and Rob at A-Plan Insurance.

They kept to their word,and got me an extremely competitive package with Zurich.

They not only undercut my renewal quote from Direct Line for my Lexus by £200,but they also were true to their word and mirrored my full NCB on my second car which I bought last July and for which I got no slack from DL despite being with them for 5 years.

It also makes a change to talk to someone who obviously knows what they're talking about,giving a personal service,rather than speaking to someone in a vast remote call centre,where they sometimes don't give the impression about knowing anything about cars and you get the impression you're just a number.

I can thoroughly recommend A-Plan insurance,so give them a try when you're looking at renewing your insurance. :D

Guys,

My insurance on the Lexus is up for renewal soon. My current insurance company (Directline) wanted £905!, but have gone with The Halifax for £642.

I'm a 26 year old male, 3 years NCB, no accident history/clean licence.

Great saving. Just confuses me how there can such a difference between companies - all I can presume is that Directline have had more claims against them in the past year compared to The Halifax.

My mate has just done a quote on Confused.com

He is 19, with 1 years NCB, and only 2 years driving under his belt. He has been offered a deal on a Peugeot 306 Diesel (his Toyota Corolla E Reg is falling apart). One company came back with £700ish for third part fire/theft, another came back with £3000ish for the same insurance !!

Just goes to show - shop around.

If you are claim free then I will be able to 'mirror' the no claims bonus across both cars, I'm the manager of A-Plan Insurance in Newbury, call me if you want on 01635 521818.

Alastair

To let you know,yes I am claim free,full NCB(protected),only claim was a windscreen replacement in 2003.

They kept to their word,and got me an extremely competitive package with Zurich.

They not only undercut my renewal quote from Direct Line for my Lexus by £200,but they also were true to their word and mirrored my full NCB on my second car which I bought last July and for which I got no slack from DL despite being with them for 5 years.

It also makes a change to talk to someone who obviously knows what they're talking about,giving a personal service,rather than speaking to someone in a vast remote call centre,where they sometimes don't give the impression about knowing anything about cars and you get the impression you're just a number.

I can thoroughly recommend A-Plan insurance,so give them a try when you're looking at renewing your insurance. :D

Guys,

My insurance on the Lexus is up for renewal soon. My current insurance company (Directline) wanted £905!, but have gone with The Halifax for £642.

I'm a 26 year old male, 3 years NCB, no accident history/clean licence.

Great saving. Just confuses me how there can such a difference between companies - all I can presume is that Directline have had more claims against them in the past year compared to The Halifax.

My mate has just done a quote on Confused.com

He is 19, with 1 years NCB, and only 2 years driving under his belt. He has been offered a deal on a Peugeot 306 Diesel (his Toyota Corolla E Reg is falling apart). One company came back with £700ish for third part fire/theft, another came back with £3000ish for the same insurance !!

Just goes to show - shop around.

Alastair

I admit to being over 40 (being a female this is unusual), but I do have full no claims bonus and can get fully comp for just over £300. per annum.

Regards

Jeanette

from Churchill for approx £300. this is good!

Right change of plan.

I rang Alastair at A-Plan.

He got me a quote for £317 fully comp.

Matched all the other bits Virgin was going to off me.

best quote I have had, so took the policy.

One very happy man. thanks to the recommendations on this site.

I highly recommend them:)

Right change of plan.

I rang Alastair at A-Plan.

He got me a quote for £317 fully comp.

Matched all the other bits Virgin was going to off me.

best quote I have had, so took the policy.

One very happy man. thanks to the recommendations on this site.

I highly recommend them:)

Yeap,well worth giving them a call.

£800 for my Lexus RX400h plus my MR2 Roadster(£470 + £330)-mirroring my full NCB that I had on the Lexus onto my MR2.

Happy Motoring :D

:D

Alastair

Hello everyone, I was looking for car insurance for the past week, I tried all insurers listed on LOC website and guess what? A plan was the cheapest :D, anyone who is planning to get insurance, safe yourself all the hassle and give them a call straight away.

quick summury

My previous insurer was Footman James, £1017

My premium went up this year to £ 1075, No accidents and no claims…Strange?

looked around for the cheapest insurance and it was £1250, I guess its something to do with my area code.

A plan quoted me £849…. Saving of £230

This quote is based on Altezza, and if you have a UK spec car you will be saving even more.

Thanks to Alastair and Rob for the excellent service. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links