Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Censorship On This Forum

eddiea1

Well I saw my joking thread on Gentlemen Robbers has been closed. I was wondering what exactly are you and arent you allowed to say?

I thoughjt we lived in a free country and as I am not from Morecombe or Bridlington I have the freedom to say what I want.

I was only having a laugh anyway - seems some people are very easy to wind up :lol:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We (gold members) do have a place for "anything goes" types of rants/discussions, but I suspect that anything which may be interpretted as personal digs at other members may well fall upon the same action. As long as the topic remains impersonal, though, it should be okay...

L.

if something causes a strong debate that becomes out of control then it will be closed.

As long as it fits whithin our T&C's

No one will alter your post.. if it is bad it will be deleted.

but surely its more fun to create some controversy. if you have such stern rules it creates an incredibly sterile atmosphere

Sounds like your working hard on this controversy thing bud.

Some people CAN take things the wrong way. But usually the best way to avoid this is IF you are going to post any jokes - make sure they're not pointed at any kinda race/religion/s*x.

I find that everybody gets treated equally on this site and that's what appeals to me. It IS like having an extended family with a sterile atmosphere and I personally find that good.

Just chill out mate and enjoy the nice people. I've caused a bit of controversy with previous jokes as well (not intended). It's just usually down to me reading a joke, and then forgetting to read it AGAIN before posting. :winky:

but surely its more fun to create some controversy. if you have such stern rules it creates an incredibly sterile atmosphere

Sounds like your working hard on this controversy thing bud.

Some people CAN take things the wrong way. But usually the best way to avoid this is IF you are going to post any jokes - make sure they're not pointed at any kinda race/religion/s*x.

I find that everybody gets treated equally on this site and that's what appeals to me. It IS like having an extended family with a sterile atmosphere and I personally find that good.

Just chill out mate and enjoy the nice people. I've caused a bit of controversy with previous jokes as well (not intended). It's just usually down to me reading a joke, and then forgetting to read it AGAIN before posting. :winky:

i have always been careful not to single out people based on race religion or s*x. But I think that insulting people based on their social class, level of intelligence, the way they look is fine! Dont you?

:tomato:

i have always been careful not to single out people based on race religion or s*x. But I think that insulting people based on their social class, level of intelligence, the way they look is fine! Dont you?

:tomato:

I'm sure nothing WAS intended by your joke, but without me knowing what it was, I kinda find it difficult to comment :unsure:

I'm sure nothing WAS intended by your joke, but without me knowing what it was, I kinda find it difficult to comment :unsure:

Over HERE mate.

Don't think that the thread was closed because of the "joke" but because it was degenerating into a slanging match and getting personal.

Tempted though I am I will not re-open the topic by making any comment on the original thread.

Over HERE mate.

Don't think that the thread was closed because of the "joke" but because it was degenerating into a slanging match and getting personal.

Tempted though I am I will not re-open the topic by making any comment on the original thread.

Thanks for that Mac. And like you put I'll just let it lie by not making any comments.

based on s*x, religion, etc?

So. No more Blonde jokes on Fridays then! :)

Boo! :whistling: There goes my smiles for the weekend! :P

But agree totally to censor all mention Of a certain German firm beginning with B.....or M :sick:

So its left down to one person? Shucks.

Is hope he is qualified and capable enough to make such decisions.

I thought it was a democratic decision where a bunch of you all put your heads together and came up with an answer.

based on s*x, religion, etc?

So. No more Blonde jokes on Fridays then! :)

Boo! :whistling: There goes my smiles for the weekend! :P

But agree totally to censor all mention Of a certain German firm beginning with B.....or M :sick:

Hey Chris, Blonde jokes are different :winky:

From what I've seen on the link this was just turning into an unnecesary back and forth debate. People DO have their rights to air their views, but as long as it doesn't get out of hand. I think ScarFace done the right thing by cancelling the "debate".

But, looking at what I've just put above I'm sure this will bring in another "debate" :blink:

Maybe this one needs to be cancelled so we can all just get on with talking Lexus and helping each other. :D

No it's not left down to one person at all.

I am in the privaleged position to know what is, and what isn't politically accepted.

Yes, I know most non PC statements may be funny, and we may have a laugh, however there are some members, and non members who may be offended by the comments, and will often not even say anything.

There is no definiative guide what is and what isn't, however members of the club must remember the section in the T's & C's that state :

The LOC moderation team reserves the right to remove, edit or move posts at its discretion, with or without an explanation.

There is a GOLD members section that has a Car Park, for anything goes ........

No it's not left down to one person at all.

I am in the privaleged position to know what is, and what isn't politically accepted.

Yes, I know most non PC statements may be funny, and we may have a laugh, however there are some members, and non members who may be offended by the comments, and will often not even say anything.

There is no definiative guide what is and what isn't, however members of the club must remember the section in the T's & C's that state :

The LOC moderation team reserves the right to remove, edit or move posts at its discretion, with or without an explanation.

There is a GOLD members section that has a Car Park, for anything goes ........

OK well at least its got people talking anyway! :lol:

talking of the Gold section, whatever happend to my thread about driving near schools blindfold at 100mph with a bottle of vodka in one hand and a spliff in the other hand with the subject "Is this legal?"

:winky:

talking of the Gold section, whatever happend to my thread about driving near schools blindfold at 100mph with a bottle of vodka in one hand and a spliff in the other hand with the subject "Is this legal?"

This explains why you got an automatic :lol:

This explains why you got an automatic :lol:

LOL

whatever happend to my thread about driving near schools blindfold at 100mph with a bottle of vodka in one hand and a spliff in the other hand with the subject "Is this legal?"

I have no idea ....... GOLD has no moderators.

Just Admin and Commitee, i'm sure they can answer that if they removed it.

whatever happend to my thread about driving near schools blindfold at 100mph with a bottle of vodka in one hand and a spliff in the other hand with the subject "Is this legal?"

I have no idea ....... GOLD has no moderators.

Just Admin and Commitee, i'm sure they can answer that if they removed it.

Think the server was siezed by the drug squad to try to get the real ID of the topic starter :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links