Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is350

eddiea1

we are not interested in the coupe or cabriolet we want POWER!!

Actually I would be interested in a hard top convertible...

I'm at a loss to understand this fascination with power and speed. I mean realistically on a day to day basis, how fast can you actually go bearing in mind traffic lights, schools, speed cameras, traffic humps etc? (please don't flame me - it's just a question!)

Ahhh.... so why do you have a 2.5 litre petrol car ........ ? :huh:

I bought the RS200 over a normal IS200 because it has more POWER......It's the whole point and the reason we pay the extra insurance....... If you don't understand there's no point explaining it.........

Convertibles are for posers..... and girls and girly men...... :flowers:

Lexus need more power since they made the IS so damned lardy - 200 lbs heavier than your direct competitor ! Normally over 200 hp would be fine, not so when the car creaks in at a whopping 1600 kilos - more than the old 5 series.

Ahhh.... so why do you have a 2.5 litre petrol car ........ ? :huh:

I don't have a car, I have a LEXUS! For me the engine size is incidental, the IS represented the best value for money in the "Compact Exec" market, luxurious, superbly specced, quiet, rare. I mean I could go on but we all know its the best car out there, right?

However I will say one thing, which is probably being contradictory and getting back to the topic, I think if the demand is there for a bigger engined car then Lexus should satisfy it...

I bought the RS200 over a normal IS200 because it has more POWER......It's the whole point and the reason we pay the extra insurance....... If you don't understand there's no point explaining it.........

Convertibles are for posers..... and girls and girly men...... :flowers:

Then I must be a poser...or a girly man (whatever that is!) :ooh-ducky:

Lexus need more power since they made the IS so damned lardy - 200 lbs heavier than your direct competitor ! Normally over 200 hp would be fine, not so when the car creaks in at a whopping 1600 kilos - more than the old 5 series.

The IS is heavy granted but it is far more refined than the RS200. Very noisy car. Give the IS a s/c and its a different story. To be honest because i want more power and refinement my next car probably wont be a lexus. As i stated before M series or RS.

How often do we need power in general. I think a car with more than 153kW of power is more than enough for majority. The number of people who owns an IS300 from this forum is probably around five percent. This shows that the demand for power is very low indeed :D

If I really need more power I would consider a GS rather than the top IS which is of a lower class and look similar to any other IS in the distance.

Assuming the 350 is structurally the same as a standard UK registered 250, it should be possible to import and register one without a model report - but it would be expensive - probably around 8K for all the ESVA tests required.

There is no Ireland loophole (believe me - if there was, I'd have found it by now). You can move cars freely within the EU - but only if they have EU type approval. Ireland has more relaxed import laws - so you could register it in Ireland, but you would still need to get it through ESVA before it can be transferred to the UK.

The only way around this is if the car is a "personal import" - but you have to have lived in the previous country for 12 months, and owned the car for 6 months. You can then bring it with you if you move without needing to ESVA it.

Ian

How often do we need power in general. I think a car with more than 153kW of power is more than enough for majority. The number of people who owns an IS300 from this forum is probably around five percent. This shows that the demand for power is very low indeed :D

If I really need more power I would consider a GS rather than the top IS which is of a lower class and look similar to any other IS in the distance.

As people like a choice, thats why mercedes and bmw are doing better than lexus brand.

True, the IS300 did have decent power to weight ratio - however, Lexus shot themselves in the foot by offering the UK public the power sapping auto box, this as much as anything else contributed to the poor sales.

Lexus are out on a limb; Audi, BMW and Mercedes offer punters the choice.

I'm at a loss to understand this fascination with power and speed. I mean realistically on a day to day basis, how fast can you actually go bearing in mind traffic lights, schools, speed cameras, traffic humps etc? (please don't flame me - it's just a question!)

how fast? its more about power and acceleration - you dont need to go that fast, but being able to go from say 40-70 in about a second or to storm up to 70 on entering a motorway is very valuable in a car.....as for speed cameras speed bumps schools etc, you dont get many of those out on the motorway or on the country lanes round my way, they tend to be in the town centres. I dont use my car for work and I dont have children so Im not really stuck in town that much in it unless im in London but I usually come into London at night with the car if Im driving.

as for the hard top convertible, Id like one if it had a 3.5 litre engine in it LOL

To be fair I think that even the IS300 is underpowered. I wonder what an IS430 would be like, maybe in the spirit of the BMW M3? That would be a nice motor. There is demand for power in cars, Audi do extremely well with their RS cars and BMW Ms fly out of teh showroom. Its really a case of "Build It and they will come" in this category of car. Look at the R32 Golf. On paper its crazy to spend 30k on a golf but they sell.

And the birds like a flash motor as well

True, the IS300 did have decent power to weight ratio - however, Lexus shot themselves in the foot by offering the UK public the power sapping auto box, this as much as anything else contributed to the poor sales.

auto only on the IS300 was a disaster imo. That idea must have come from some muppet with a degree in marketing armed with the results of some spurious focus group involving middle aged chartered accountants from Wiltshire or something

how fast? its more about power and acceleration - you dont need to go that fast, but being able to go from say 40-70 in about a second or to storm up to 70 on entering a motorway is very valuable in a car.....as for speed cameras speed bumps schools etc, you dont get many of those out on the motorway or on the country lanes round my way, they tend to be in the town centres. I dont use my car for work and I dont have children so Im not really stuck in town that much in it unless im in London but I usually come into London at night with the car if Im driving.

as for the hard top convertible, Id like one if it had a 3.5 litre engine in it LOL

To be fair I think that even the IS300 is underpowered. I wonder what an IS430 would be like, maybe in the spirit of the BMW M3? That would be a nice motor. There is demand for power in cars, Audi do extremely well with their RS cars and BMW Ms fly out of teh showroom. Its really a case of "Build It and they will come" in this category of car. Look at the R32 Golf. On paper its crazy to spend 30k on a golf but they sell.

And the birds like a flash motor as well

auto only on the IS300 was a disaster imo. That idea must have come from some muppet with a degree in marketing armed with the results of some spurious focus group involving middle aged chartered accountants from Wiltshire or something

Exacto mundo :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links