Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Ipod Shuffle/itunes Help

Damer

I updated my iTunes to 6.0.4 the other day. I've not used my shuffle for a while but since then iTunes and teh PC won't recognise my shuffle.

What have I done how do I fix it? :blink:

• 3 weeks later...

Still isn'y working and now noticed that the PC won't "see" my PSP either, think I havedone something to delete the USB ports or something. Last time it worked I was importing some photos on to PSP. Any help or advice on where i have sc :tsktsk: d it up appreciated.

Have you tried restarting the Shuffle?

Yes. It seems to have lost aany music that was on it as well. If I put anything into the USB ports it comes up as "unknown hardware" with a waring saying it has malfunctioned and needs replacing!

Obviously my PSP is working so that is wrong, it is driving ,me nuts! :tsktsk:

i'd recommend you narrow down to the root cause of the problem first. So if I were you, id back out the itune upgrade first, and see if the problem is still there. If its gone, then theres ur culprit.

if its still there ... then start thinking about other ways to troubleshoot.

• 2 weeks later...

OK I have uninstalled iTunes, and reinstalled and it still isn't working :tsktsk:

If I move the printer or broadband hub to a different USB port they still work. However any other devises iPod shuffle, PSP, camera are inserted it comes up unknown hardware even though they all worked in the past.

Can anyone help PLEASE! :blush:

I was going to treat myself to a new proper iPod but doesn't seem any point when I still have this problem.

Also when I uninstalled iTunes it put all the music files into My Music, how do I move it all back quickly and easily?

Thanks

are you running xp ?

have you tried system restore......back to before you did the update

Yes I am running XP.

how do you do systen restore? Sorry not very techie.

dont do a system restore, thoses things are the work of the devill !!!!

you say when you connect your PSP and your IPOD they show up as unknown hardware. This means that for some reason windblows has lost the drivers.

firstly remove the i-tunes upgrade. Do this through add/remove

restart the compy

plug in your ipod and see if it sees it. if it doesnt restart the computer again.

open up device manager

start-->settings-->control panel-->system

on the tabs at the top select hardware,

then select device manager.

scroll down till you see the unkown device.

right click on it and go to driver (top tab)

click update driver

put the ipod cd in the drive (close the autorun) ask it to scan for the driver on the cd.

if it doesnt find the driver put the PSP driver cd in the drive and do the same, it should find the drivers. once they are installed you should be able to use them as normal.

repeat for the other unknown device..

any issues give me a shout

Thanks tried that but still no joy. :crybaby:

Just seems weird to me. The PSP should just work as an external memory source, so has no drivers to install. The shuffle dispite uninstalling and re installing original version of iTunes still doesn't work.

the only 2 USB devises that work are the printer and the broadband hub.

I had been running everything OK for ages until it all died, feel like trowing PC in the bin and getting a new one!

• 2 weeks later...

HURRAAAAHHH!!!! :D

After uninstalling and installing iTunes and iPod about 4 times all seems to be working again.

iTunes works, iPod works and the PC even sees the other USB devises PSP, camara etc.

Dunno what caused it but suspect it might be something to do with running various versions of iTunes, Quick time and iPod software that didn't get on.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to keep coming back to this. :blush:

Anyway after my intial triumph it all went very quickly pearshaped.

iTune 4.7.1.30 runs fine. It even talks to my shuffle.

HOWEVER the shuffle won't play even after uninstalling and installing both iTunes and iPod software.

Any ugrades on software crashes everything!! :tsktsk:

When I do get iTunes and Shuffle to work I then cannot get music I have bought from iTunes to run as I don't have iTunes 6.0 or later running :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

This is really pi**ing me off.

I have now bought a larger memory stick for my PSP and Exploder software I am now gonna use my PSP instead of shelling out on a new iPod.

However Xploder says I need to convert all my stuff saved in iTunes into MP3 as it is WWA ARRRGGHH! I thought a bl**dy iPod was an MP3 player!!!!!

How can I do this without having to lose all my saved music!

please help!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links