Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Sport Owers Please Note

Have any "IS200 Sport" owners driven any "IS200 Sport Luxury" before ? If so, do you feel any difference ?

Happened to drive an "IS200 Sport Luxury" from a friend yesterday. It was bloody quiet and comfortable compare to mine. Very low engine noise, smooth and the seat is very soft indeed. My "IS200 Sport" is about seven months newer but the seat and the back support is very hard like a rock that is killing my bottom and back after hour of driving. The engine noise is a lot loader even revs lightly. And most importantly is the "woffle" noise coming from the rear that really makes me headache and drives me nuts. With or without the windows open you can hear the noise coming from the back or coming through rear windows. The noise is really disturbing when driving at night, the noise is best observed when the car is going between 25 - 38mph (40 - 60km/h) with little or no acceleration apply. Does it also happen to your IS200 Sport or just mine that give this awful feeling :sick:

I have not experienced this mate. Mine is a 2001. I never knew there was a 'sport lux' model. What year was this sport lux?

Mine one and the one I drove yesterday is from 2005. I think Sport Luxury started from 2003, not too sure. Just wondering whether the Sport is intentionally tuned to roar like the hell. As I was told the difference between the Sport and Sport Luxury is the full leather seat, 11 spoke alloy, HID head light and head light washer on the Sport Luxury model.

The Sports Lux sounds like the 2004 face lift model in the uk.

Im not certain but i believe they changed the suspension, no longer lowered like previous Sports models, but in regard to the exhaust note' no idea.

The Sports Lux sounds like the 2004 face lift model in the uk.

Im not certain but i believe they changed the suspension, no longer lowered like previous Sports models, but in regard to the exhaust note' no idea.

The facelift was still lowered.

I think the Sport Lux was only a model in Europe which was like an LE

However, the UK Sport is not that different to the SE is it? Thought the main differences were the slightly lowered suspension and the LSD, otherwise seats and exhausts and all are all the same...... :yawn:

I think the Sport Lux was only a model in Europe which was like an LE

However, the UK Sport is not that different to the SE is it? Thought the main differences were the slightly lowered suspension and the LSD, otherwise seats and exhausts and all are all the same...... :yawn:

This is what i thought. Plus the sport has a few cosmetic changes.

Dropped in the dealer today and they told me that the woffle noise (sounds something like wingwong) coming from the back is the tyre noise. But it's weird that my friends one did not do it, we both have the same tyres (Dunlop Sport directional 215/45/17). Could the quality of Dunlop tyre vary within the same tyre model ? Can someone with this tyre hear the winwong noise in their car regardless whether the windows is closed or opened ? Thanks for any comment

Dropped in the dealer today and they told me that the woffle noise (sounds something like wingwong) coming from the back is the tyre noise. But it's weird that my friends one did not do it, we both have the same tyres (Dunlop Sport directional 215/45/17). Could the quality of Dunlop tyre vary within the same tyre model ? Can someone with this tyre hear the winwong noise in their car regardless whether the windows is closed or opened ? Thanks for any comment

Does the noise only happen whencar is Cold? Maybe Diff Whine

mine is a 2000 Sport model and i get diff Whine at around 35-40mph

i have asked on here if anyone knows how to cure it but

with no reply (no Technical here) :duh:

Does the noise only happen whencar is Cold? Maybe Diff Whine

mine is a 2000 Sport model and i get diff Whine at around 35-40mph

i have asked on here if anyone knows how to cure it but

with no reply (no Technical here) :duh:

The noise comes on as soon as the car's moving say around/above 10mph regardless of cold or hot engine. Sound like the Diff that whine since the dealer could not find anything wrong with the exhaust. The noise is bloody loud that drives me nuts but the dealer who drove with me in the car said he could not hear it. They took the car for a day without any cure. They are kinda careless people. Should I try another dealer ?

Have any "IS200 Sport" owners driven any "IS200 Sport Luxury" before ? If so, do you feel any difference ?

Happened to drive an "IS200 Sport Luxury" from a friend yesterday. It was bloody quiet and comfortable compare to mine. Very low engine noise, smooth and the seat is very soft indeed. My "IS200 Sport" is about seven months newer but the seat and the back support is very hard like a rock that is killing my bottom and back after hour of driving. The engine noise is a lot loader even revs lightly. And most importantly is the "woffle" noise coming from the rear that really makes me headache and drives me nuts. With or without the windows open you can hear the noise coming from the back or coming through rear windows. The noise is really disturbing when driving at night, the noise is best observed when the car is going between 25 - 38mph (40 - 60km/h) with little or no acceleration apply. Does it also happen to your IS200 Sport or just mine that give this awful feeling :sick:

regarding the engine "noise" - were both cars equiped with the same tranny? (manual or auto?)

My manual is alot "louder" than my dads auto for some reason.....anyone else experienced this? what is the reason for this?

regarding the engine "noise" - were both cars equiped with the same tranny? (manual or auto?)

My manual is alot "louder" than my dads auto for some reason.....anyone else experienced this? what is the reason for this?

Both are of the same tranny (Auto)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links