Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone Else Spammed By Barclats Bank

ithier

Just got a bogus email from barclats bank (yes that's the spelling they used) asking me to update my details. The curious thing is they sent it to an email address that I have only ever used on this site i.e. loc@mydomain.co.uk. I can only think of 3 explanations for this

- They guessed lucky

- This site sold/gave them my email address

- They managed to harvest the address from this site some other way

Just curious anyone else get the same email?

Just got a bogus email from barclats bank (yes that's the spelling they used) asking me to update my details. The curious thing is they sent it to an email address that I have only ever used on this site i.e. loc@mydomain.co.uk. I can only think of 3 explanations for this

- They guessed lucky

- This site sold/gave them my email address

- They managed to harvest the address from this site some other way

Just curious anyone else get the same email?

yep often but none of us use Barclays , and now getting HSBC.

We just delete em.

if you have posted your email on this site publicly then they have harvested it.

Thats what happens - our company email addresses are all over the place, and we get all sorts of s*** because of it.

well you will have to pull the second option as we do not disclose anything to anyone.

if you have posted your email on this site publicly then they have harvested it.

harvested it is then. Though I can't recall using it on the site.

Get about one or two per day! Various banks...

plus Pen*s enlargement herbal remedies (which of course I don't have a need for! :D ) and Microsoft packages, oh and the occasional G*d has told me to contact you, sah, to spread my father-who-was-a-general-in Liberia-and has-millions-in-the-bank....stuff.

Then there's my hi-fi consultancy....

oh, but I'm still waiting for the

YES!! I WANT YOUR LS400 Ser 3!!!! I think £5000 is TOO cheap, will you take £6000? 'mail.

Answer. Not until I get the radio back with its brightly lit new screen. THEN..... B)

Get about one or two per day! Various banks...

plus Pen*s enlargement herbal remedies (which of course I don't have a need for! :D ) and Microsoft packages, oh and the occasional G*d has told me to contact you, sah, to spread my father-who-was-a-general-in Liberia-and has-millions-in-the-bank....stuff.

Then there's my hi-fi consultancy....

Good - its not just us then .

Do you get them off "The Doctor" - or that one with the nurse :innocent:

Hey....no need to shout :angry:

(turn off the large font eh)

Wot large font? How did you know my dad was a clergyman? (True!)

Anyway, some of us has faded eyesight.......though not deaf...yet

Just got my weekly mail from Mr Kavinga about safety boxes full of dosh he wants me to help him with. Did you know his dad was a General in Angola's diamond fields.......poor little orphan. :whistling:

very strange.

Do you use a webmail service or outlook express?

do you still have this email??

No I don't use webmail or any MS clients. I very rarely get any unsolicited messages like this. When I register with any website I use a unique address (websitename@mydomain.com) so that I can trace back any spam that I receive. It also means I can shut down any address that starts getting spammed without losing any other legit email. Yes I still have the mail.

I had one of these sort of emails today on my email address I use to catch spam etc. Replied in clear - P*SS OFF!

Just a tip... you are better off not replying to any spam as in doing so you have just confirmed that it is an active E-mail address... :winky:

I had one of these sort of emails today on my email address I use to catch spam etc. Replied in clear - P*SS OFF!

Just a tip... you are better off not replying to any spam as in doing so you have just confirmed that it is an active E-mail address... :winky:

Active it maybe. But never for anything other than spam. Let them waste their time. I check it every 2-3 months at work so its no fuss to me. :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links