Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Imation Cdr's....

Hi Guys,

New to the LOC forum. I bought my IS200 Sports last week from Lexus Reading. Great customer service! I was having some problems reading CD's on my new car and they arranged to change the CD player at no cost, which must have been worth a bit.

I am trying to play burned CD's, the brand is "Imation" and I am burning at x8 speed. Sometime the player reads them, but then intermittedly it skips and squeals then comes up with err1 even with the new player.

Has anybody else had luck with this brand at this speed?

Please can somebody recommend the ultimate best brand of CDR to use at X8 speed? That has given you no problems, ever.

PS. I use Nero to burn.

Thanks in advance.

In general I have had no problems with my cd player and copied discs other than using the same brand your having problems with.

Try and different brand disc like Mexell, Philips, JVC or TDK and you may find them ok.

Also worth thinking about reducing the speed in which their recorded at. Higher speeds can ofen lead to less reliable buring.

Hi Guys,

New to the LOC forum. I bought my IS200 Sports last week from Lexus Reading. Great customer service! I was having some problems reading CD's on my new car and they arranged to change the CD player at no cost, which must have been worth a bit.

I am trying to play burned CD's, the brand is "Imation" and I am burning at x8 speed. Sometime the player reads them, but then intermittedly it skips and squeals then comes up with err1 even with the new player.

Has anybody else had luck with this brand at this speed?

Please can somebody recommend the ultimate best brand of CDR to use at X8 speed? That has given you no problems, ever.

PS. I use Nero to burn.

Thanks in advance.

I use Imation Cd's and also had problems at X8 speed, however I recorded at X4 and have no problems at all.

:D :D :D

I had the ERR1 error as well and i was using Imation CDRs x8 on NERO. I will use x4 from now on. :D

Excellent, thanks chaps. Nero hasn't given me the option of lower than x Recording, so am using another program called "sonic" to burn at X4 speed.

Will try the CD out tomorrow. If it doesn't work i'll go out and get a different brand.

PS. I use Nero to burn

You might find that's the problem. I switched to MP3CD Converter as nero was actually corrupting my MP3 files when it converted them.

Try the speed change first but now I use MP3CD converter I never get any problems, even at 12x or more.

I had the ERR1 error as well and i was using Imation CDRs x8 on NERO. I will use x4 from now on. :D

Excellent, thanks chaps. Nero hasn't given me the option of lower than x Recording, so am using another program called "sonic" to burn at X4 speed.

Will try the CD out tomorrow. If it doesn't work i'll go out and get a different brand.

What Nero version you using? Im sure its a simple step to alter the speed

It is, I've used Nero versions 5 thru 7 and all have allowed me to change the burn speed on the final dialogue box.

I also recommend burning at 2x or 4x max. Plus, don't forget that this time of year can cause the cd's to mist over if you take them from a warm room to a cold car.

It is, I've used Nero versions 5 thru 7 and all have allowed me to change the burn speed on the final dialogue box.

I also recommend burning at 2x or 4x max. Plus, don't forget that this time of year can cause the cd's to mist over if you take them from a warm room to a cold car.

Burnt them at X4 speed on a different program and they are perfect!!

Nero let me drop the speed down to x8 but that was it. I was using version 6. Another program called Sonic let me drop it down to X4.

Thanks to all.

Can you believe it! My first week of having the car and a stone chips a huge gash in the windscreen!! Sods law. :angry:

If 8x is max burn, then I suggest a new cd or dvd writer. think you can pick up 52x cd writers for about £15. I've never had a problem since using a fast modern writer, I write all my cd's at max (48x I think on my dvdr) using cheap unbranded cdr's £9 for 100. It has never failed to read one (until the dreaded ERR3 that is)

I used to have occasional problems with my old 24x cd writer and my old 4x dvd writer. Its just the age of the writer thats all me thinks

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links