Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Dead Starter And Enthusiasm Drained

well went to start the car this morning after a night out and all i got was tic tic tic after a few determined attempts i went and bought another Battery just to get the same ticking and then absolutely nothing. I am assuming that i need a new starter so if anyone has any sources i would be obliged for the info.

All this has gone on top of a few niggles with the car and some muppet cracking the wing mirror and the huge difficulties in finding bits for the mk1 GS at the moment the supra is looking very attractive but i am in two minds whether to hang on to the lex and do things to it slow time or get it sold (after putting the other bits right) I dunno if its just the frustration of alot of silly little things at once or if the love affair is finally over.

Well i suppose if you see an addy up with the car for sale then it is

Starter might just be jammed, if the car is manual put car in gear and try rocking it about.

Are all the battery leads tight up to the starter?

all GS300s (bar the odd conversion) are autos and from the worrying burning smell i reckon its more than stuck

Stay with her Austin, have thought about selling mine a few times but in the end things have worked out mate, will have a check around to see if a I get hold of another starter for you.

Have you had problems in the past in starting, especailly over the cold periods

Stay with her Austin, have thought about selling mine a few times but in the end things have worked out mate, will have a check around to see if a I get hold of another starter for you.

Have you had problems in the past in starting, especailly over the cold periods

found another starter now cheers Paul got it from those nice people at swift for 65 quid. Did have a few problems starting prior had the ticcing sound which apparently is a problem with some copper contacts in the starter which costs about £8 to fix (bit late now)

However i have decided to stick with the car after my tantrum its just been a bit frustrating of late as i have had the money to start modding it up more and then otherthings have cropped up, blown up (the pc) or just generally spoiled my fun.

had that problem with my supra, years ago she just ticked when i tried to fire her up, ended up it was the bushes on the solenoid,

i tried to get online and post this but having trouble with the isp

cost 15 to get the starter removed and 10 to repair

Steve

well it goes again now the new starter is in and the main fuse has been replaced its an absolute pain in the :tsktsk: to get the starter out if anyone needs to do it purely on wrestling out the starter. If you do have to do it i advise doing an oil change at the same time as it would be easy to get the starter out with the filter out the way otherwise you need a very very long extension bar a 14mm wobbly socket or UJ and socket a 14mm ring spanner and a 12mm spanner fitting is the reverse of removal

well it goes again now the new starter is in and the main fuse has been replaced its an absolute pain in the :tsktsk: to get the starter out if anyone needs to do it purely on wrestling out the starter. If you do have to do it i advise doing an oil change at the same time as it would be easy to get the starter out with the filter out the way otherwise you need a very very long extension bar a 14mm wobbly socket or UJ and socket a 14mm ring spanner and a 12mm spanner fitting is the reverse of removal

Glad youve got the Engine running again and thanks for the advice about changing the starter ;)

chips..

if it's any conselation i've fallen out of love with my car at the moment.

Wiring in an m-station, aux-in adaptor and hks camp is proving a major pain in the butt. problem anfter problem. And i've got a rattle coming from the engine after i had my manifold replaced a few weeks back.

Tomorrow my aim is to sort all this out....

otherwise it's going on eBay this weekend as it's free car listing weekend!

and just so its all "not doom and gloom" in the gs300 bit of the forum, my car has just come back from having some cosmetic surgery and she's looking fine :)

alot better than driving my metro rio :)

got the spoiler brake light to repair , looks like its had long term water problems

Steve

and just so its all "not doom and gloom" in the gs300 bit of the forum, my car has just come back from having some cosmetic surgery and she's looking fine :)

alot better than driving my metro rio :)

got the spoiler brake light to repair , looks like its had long term water problems

Steve

well i have made up with my lex now and have treated her to a TTe grille to say sorry. Out of interest has anyone heard of magnaflow i have seen some hi flow cats from them and i have never heard of them

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links