Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boost

Ellz...nice theory, but get yourself some experience in mechanical engineering before you qualify to speak any sense here

Personally I think Ellz's statements is generally fair overall, although I can think of a few other vocal people that your statement applies accurately to.

Aside from boost there are other issues one of which not mentioned to date ... was the fuelling right or running lean ?

Please explain in full technical detail how a lean a/f ratio will cause a connecting rod to break. I love learning new things :)

I did not say running lean would cause the problem. I said it could be a contributing factor , well posed the question for people to comment on.

It is a known fact that TDI-PLC have struggled with getting the V-Pro to work properly on the IS200 (too rich/too lean)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just as a comparison with the 2JZ-GE on stock internals, there's a guy over in the US running 440rwhp @ 1.3bar........who's been advised to upgrade to GTE spec :blink:

Hmm... as far as I know 2JZ-GE internals can take far more power.

I heard something over the 500BHP mark, just when hitting the 600BHP mark or more you should upgrade internals. :)

I did not say running lean would cause the problem. I said it could be a contributing factor , well posed the question for people to comment on.

Please explain how "it could be a contibuting factor". I'm hoping to learn something new today. Thanks :)

It is a known fact that TDI-PLC have struggled with getting the V-Pro to work properly on the IS200 (too rich/too lean)

Really? That's news to me. Would you like to pop over and take a look for yourself?

What sort of boost does the Supercharger run at then people? Im assuming 0.3 if Chris.S went bang......getting me worried now mind :crybaby: can't be having mine go bang! Id never hear the last of it! :P

What sort of boost does the Supercharger run at then people? Im assuming 0.3 if Chris.S went bang......getting me worried now mind :crybaby: can't be having mine go bang! Id never hear the last of it! :P

no you will be ok mate, Chris.s car going bang was not down to the S/C ;)

Nothing to worried about mate, chris's went pop, nothing to do with the supercharger :D i dont know of any s/c car's that have gone pop/bang (rod) that the s/c was to blame :) some people are saying 2 s/c cars, but i dont know who :question:

Please explain how "it could be a contibuting factor". I'm hoping to learn something new today. Thanks :)

Really? That's news to me. Would you like to pop over and take a look for yourself?

Really Mark, 6 or 7 LOC members have driven your V-pro is200 that was not running right, due to running rich/lean :o as well you know.

Really Mark, 6 or 7 LOC members have driven your V-pro is200 that was not running right, due to running rich/lean :o as well you know.

Would that be the car that was doing 45 miles TO THE TANK? :duh:

I'd say that was a fairly major fuelling problem?

if the car was running lean it could, over time, cause a piston(s) to overheat and melt the resultant stresses could cause the conrod to snap

Detonation could also cause extra stresses which in turn snap a rod (number six always being prime candidate)

I'll send my invoice for this lesson to the same address as always :P

On your record to date with the V-Pro I think the facts speak for thereselves.

Hello Gord, unfortunately you appear to be under a misunderstanding. We have had absolutely no fueling issues relating to or caused by the FCON.

We have seen other issues that have been dealt with.

It is a shame that you didn't respond to my PM on 8th July. However, you are still very welcome to come and visit us and see for yourself what we do, meet our technicians then try and make a fair and balanced judgement.

All the best :)

if the car was running lean it could, over time, cause a piston(s) to overheat and melt the resultant stresses could cause the conrod to snap

Detonation could also cause extra stresses which in turn snap a rod (number six always being prime candidate)

I'm inclined to disagree with you on this issue.

On your record to date with the V-Pro I think the facts speak for thereselves.

Having successfully installed over a hundred over the years, I'm inclined to agree with you.

Would that be the car that was doing 45 miles TO THE TANK? :duh:

I'd say that was a fairly major fuelling problem?

Instead of jumping to conclusions, perhaps the correct question to ask is "why". The car in question had a faulty sensor.

@Adie, please accept my appoligies for being dragged off topic.

To the Usual Suspects - if you would like to cross swords with me please keep it off some elses thread, or better still come and see me face to face. Thanks

If a mod could please move all the boost discussion to my other thread about boost Here

Then I could keep this one dedicated to work done.

Thankyou

as adie requested would be a good idea to clean this up and start a thread were propiate

other one was the first to get done..........guy drove over a speed bump and kn**CKERED HIS ZORST..........DIDNT DO WHAT mARK SAID.......ENGINE BLEW DUE TO too much back pressure (92% sure thats what Mark said)

yeh think that was the guy from nemisis,,

so if you here of TDI speak of anything, please ask them to get the Facts 1st :D

Hello Gord,

Here are some facts for you:

1. I do not know Chris.

2. I do not know anything about nor have I ever seen his car.

3. I have not said anything to anybody about his car.

4. Chris's car is not in my conciousness.

5. I am very unlikely to ever say anything about Chris's car.

It seems to me that you have deep routed issues that lead you to think that you know what I know, what I think and what I have said, and to invoke the name of TDI in a negative way whenever possible.

Although I understand your motives, I am very sorry that you feel that way. If you would to resolve these issues please come and see me face to face. Thanks.

other one was the first to get done..........guy drove over a speed bump and kn**CKERED HIS ZORST..........DIDNT DO WHAT mARK SAID.......ENGINE BLEW DUE TO too much back pressure (92% sure thats what Mark said)

Yes that's right - Mr Leo Matchitsky who is currently racing a very nice DB9RS for Team Barwell.

He compeletely destroyed that engine via extreme abuse. It was number 3 rod that snapped in half.

so if you here of TDI speak of anything, please ask them to get the Facts 1st :D

Hello Gord,

Here are some facts for you:

1. I do not know Chris.

2. I do not know anything about nor have I ever seen his car.

3. I have not said anything to anybody about his car.

4. Chris's car is not in my conciousness.

5. I am very unlikely to ever say anything about Chris's car.

It seems to me that you have deep routed issues that lead you to think that you know what I know, what I think and what I have said, and to invoke the name of TDI in a negative way whenever possible.

Although I understand your motives, I am very sorry that you feel that way. If you would to resolve these issues please come and see me face to face. Thanks.

Yes that's right - Mr Leo Matchitsky who is currently racing a very nice DB9RS for Team Barwell.

He compeletely destroyed that engine via extreme abuse. It was number 3 rod that snapped in half.

Sorry for that Mark, i only know of 1 is200 that was s/c'd that a rod went (chris's), but you say you know more, are thay members of LOC ?

I get to lots of meets/shows :D all over the place, but never had the chance to meet you, do you not go to any ? going to the ring soon, why not come too ? we could have a chat, steve + Raj are going too :D its not to late to book you know :D

I would love to meet you face to face, its sort of better than that threatening pm, you sent me on the 8th of july :o

If you would like to pop-up to Manchester sometime, do you not go to TDI north ?

All the best Gord

Sorry for that Mark, i only know of 1 is200 that was s/c'd that a rod went (chris's), but you say you know more, are thay members of LOC ?

The clue is the posts that you quoted from myself and Fargo.

I get to lots of meets/shows :D all over the place, but never had the chance to meet you, do you not go to any ? going to the ring soon, why not come too ? we could have a chat, steve + Raj are going too :D its not to late to book you know :D

I have been invited by Raj and very much hope to attend (having missed the last one). The reason I invited you and Steve to TDi is so that you can get a feel for who we are, what we do and the level of competance of our Technicians.

I would love to meet you face to face, its sort of better than that threatening pm, you sent me on the 8th of july :o

I appologize to you if you found my reply to your insulting PM to be threatening. It doesn't read that way to me and it certainly wasn't intentional. Shall I post them up here so that LOCers can form a judgement? I don't mind if you don't.

If you would like to pop-up to Manchester sometime, do you not go to TDI north ?

Regretably my time is fully commited for the foreseeable future and I don't believe I have anything to gain by coming to Manchester, but thanks very much for your offer.

Regretably my time is fully commited for the foreseeable future and I don't believe I have anything to gain by coming to Manchester, but thanks very much for your offer.

Fish and Chips fella, great up here lol! :lol:

The clue is the posts that you quoted from myself and Fargo.

I have been invited by Raj and very much hope to attend (having missed the last one). The reason I invited you and Steve to TDi is so that you can get a feel for who we are, what we do and the level of competance of our Technicians.

I appologize to you if you found my reply to your insulting PM to be threatening. It doesn't read that way to me and it certainly wasn't intentional. Shall I post them up here so that LOCers can form a judgement? I don't mind if you don't.

Thanks Mark, i did pass on your pm to Raj (not Dave) and reserve the right for Raj to make it/them public to LOCers :D

Thanks Mark, i did pass on your pm to Raj (not Dave) and reserve the right for Raj to make it/them public to LOCers :D

Hello Gord, personally I don't really understand how you can reserve the right for someone else to disclose something. Do you have Power Of Attorney over Raj?

It is regretable that you have chosen to include Raj after he has publicly stated his position and has expressed a desire to not get involved. He is a Professional and a Gentlemen so does not need to get dragged down to the level of this rubbish.

Lets draw a line under this now as I am quite busy. It is clear that you refer to yourself on the Prolex forum as "the norths top salesman" (http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=34188&st=25). That is perfectly OK if you feel such a stategic alliance is compatible with your stategy for a better life, and which makes your actions more understandable.

If you choose to bring yourself into a professional environment, what is not professional or acceptable is the constant public and private attempted degredation of a competitors reputation.

Generally speaking, the best thing to do if you feel that yourself, Prolex or anyone else is better than TDi or anyone else is to prove it in the public domain. Then there is no debate or argument.

Good luck to you with your chosen path :)

Hello Gord, personally I don't really understand how you can reserve the right for someone else to disclose something. Do you have Power Of Attorney over Raj?

It is regretable that you have chosen to include Raj after he has publicly stated his position and has expressed a desire to not get involved. He is a Professional and a Gentlemen so does not need to get dragged down to the level of this rubbish.

Lets draw a line under this now as I am quite busy. It is clear that you refer to yourself on the Prolex forum as "the norths top salesman" (http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=34188&st=25). That is perfectly OK if you feel such a stategic alliance is compatible with your stategy for a better life, and which makes your actions more understandable.

If you choose to bring yourself into a professional environment, what is not professional or acceptable is the constant public and private attempted degredation of a competitors reputation.

Generally speaking, the best thing to do if you feel that yourself, Prolex or anyone else is better than TDi or anyone else is to prove it in the public domain. Then there is no debate or argument.

Right, i will stop posting rubbish if you can do the same Mark :question: But i do intend to post FACTS to my claims about your big injectors :o

It would be better to post facts and not claims :) dont you think :question:

Right, i will stop posting rubbish if you can do the same Mark :question: But i do intend to post FACTS to my claims about your big injectors :o

It would be better to post facts and not claims :) dont you think :question:

I am heartened to see an admission that you have been posting rubbish. I am certainly not aware of myself making similar quality posts, so I hope you can point me in the right direction so that I can appologise if I have.

To be honest, now that you have "come clean" about your motives and allegiances I am not really interested in what you have to say about any of our products. I have done the decent thing by giving you an open invitation to come and see us so that you can make a fair and balanced judgement and validate any claims that we make.

What is it you do for a living please?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links