Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus Is 460 ?

Hello Everyone.

As you've probably gatherd I'm new to this Forum - after rating the Mercedes and BMW's of this world I was totally overwhelmed by Lexus. In my opinion it's about time someone broke the dominence of the big 2 and for sure Lexus have done that.

So given the choice between buying a Mercedes, BMW, Audi and Lexus - I naturally went for a Lexus and I'm now currently a proud owner of a Lexus IS 200 Sport.

But what I'm curious to know as a fan of cars - is it true that there is a Lexus IS 460 coming out that is directly aimed at the racing entusiast and is to take on the AMG's and M3's - I've seen some secert shots and I've read some articles and I can trully say that I'm really excited at the thought of an IS with a 4.6 litre engine - that would be seriuoslly quick - so can anyone shed any light on this subject.

Thanks.

I think its time for a reality check lol!

Maybe Spy Shots: ’06 Lexus IS 460

Is a V-8 finally coming to the baby Lexus?

by Brenda Priddy (2005-06-13)

More TCC Spy Shots

A Lexus IS460? Really? That's what our sources are saying. This IS prototype, caught on the Nürburgring by a tourist from Sweden, is believed to be powered by a 4.6-liter V-8.

Whatever this is powered by, the hood vents, dual exhaust, and small, integrated trunk spoiler indicate that this is no ordinary Lexus IS.

........or maybe not

I think its time for a reality check lol!

The pics have not come out - if you go onto google and type in lexus is 460 - it will be the top link.

I know i have seen the spyshots. I think its looks fugly. Hopefully it will change a lot from the prototype because its disgusting.

Even if it is released lexus probably wont release it over here as 'there isnt a big enough market' crap.

They have the IS350 in the states but not here because of what i said above.

I'm not sure whether it will be an IS460, or IS500, or whatever else they're coming up with, but when you see what is clearly a performance version being tested at the Nurburgring, there is definitely something going on :winky:

I'm still gonna stand by what I've thought all along, and that is the reason they never brought out IS350 over here is because they are going to bring out an M3 rival. There isn't much demand in the UK for the standard car with a bigger engine, but there is a market for the performance tuned version..... :whistling:

9661_image.jpg

I think they are just working on the basic overview - but surely with a 4.6 litre in an IS the performance would be out of this world and would leave the AMG's and M3's eating dust - so that would be ideal for the European market.

Also was it not true that the IS 300 was for the US market but eventually found it's way into Europe and UK - so there is hope.

I'm not sure whether it will be an IS460, or IS500, or whatever else they're coming up with, but when you see what is clearly a performance version being tested at the Nurburgring, there is definitely something going on :winky:

I'm still gonna stand by what I've thought all along, and that is the reason they never brought out IS350 over here is because they are going to bring out an M3 rival. There isn't much demand in the UK for the standard car with a bigger engine, but there is a market for the performance tuned version..... :whistling:

I agree - although I woudn't mind an IS 350 - but a tuned version would the icing on the cake with a nice sports kit etc.

Hello Everyone.

As you've probably gatherd I'm new to this Forum - after rating the Mercedes and BMW's of this world I was totally overwhelmed by Lexus. In my opinion it's about time someone broke the dominence of the big 2 and for sure Lexus have done that.

So given the choice between buying a Mercedes, BMW, Audi and Lexus - I naturally went for a Lexus and I'm now currently a proud owner of a Lexus IS 200 Sport.

But what I'm curious to know as a fan of cars - is it true that there is a Lexus IS 460 coming out that is directly aimed at the racing entusiast and is to take on the AMG's and M3's - I've seen some secert shots and I've read some articles and I can trully say that I'm really excited at the thought of an IS with a 4.6 litre engine - that would be seriuoslly quick - so can anyone shed any light on this subject.

Thanks.

When I first read abuot the new IS range I also saw something about a 4.6 or 5.0 IS in the pipeline. Can't wait to see what it comes out like. - Would be awesome, - but sadly outta my price range lol

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links