Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Another Newbie....

Hi all - first post for me after finding this site a few weeks ago.

I've been the proud owner of a 2004 IS200 Sport in Platinum Ice for about six months now and couldn't be happier.

Bought it from Lexus Edinburgh - brilliant service and excellent value for money.

It's due it's first service in 1000 miles and I only have a couple of points I need to raise with the dealer.

(1).

I have the anthracite 17" alloys and they were replaced when I bought the car (corroded). I've had the new ones for 4 months now and they are starting to corrode again...!

I've read posts on this forum about this and it seems to be common - they must lose a fortune on this....

I wash them by hand weekly, so it's not like the salt from the roads was on them long. Not so good.

(2).

My front bumper has dozens of stone chips - I do drive motorway miles, but none of my previous cars have been like this - I was going to mention it to them, but I don't think this is anything they will look into?

Has anyone dealt with this with any dealer previously?

Anyway, that's my little intro......hello.

Cheers.

Welcome to LOC fella :D

Both of these issues are a major bone of contention with Lexus.......I've had replacement alloys under warranty and also a front bumper/lip, which is starting to show signs of "pepper shot" yet again! :angry: Many other members have experienced the same problems.

Edinburgh have a good reputation for customer service so I suggest you take her back in and get it sorted. :D

Welcome to LOC.

As other members have said this should all be sorted for you.

I've had two sets of alloys and a re-spray of bonnet, bumper and wings to sort our excessive stone chips. After the re-spray I got very very few chips with the new coat of paint.

I've had two sets of alloys and a re-spray of bonnet, bumper and wings to sort our excessive stone chips. After the re-spray I got very very few chips with the new coat of paint.

Did they re-spray the bonnet, bumper etc due to stone chip for free ?

Did they re-spray the bonnet, bumper etc due to stone chip for free ?

Yep, completely free. No quibbles, ifs or buts. Bear in mind that it was very badly chipped, almost like there might have been a fault with the paint.

Thanks for all the replies and welcomes guys.

I'll mention it all to the dealer when I book the car in for it's service next week.

Hopefully I can get my car back with new warranty wheels and a newly painted bumper...

They certainly couldn't be any less helpful than the BMW dealers I dealt with for my last car...(!**!)

Cheers.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links