Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• 2 weeks later...

ok boys you try being 22 - 3 points on the licence (just) and driving a ls400

haha the funny thing it costs me 800 3rd party but my citroen xantia cost me 900 before i got rid

doesnt figure does it!!!!

mat

• 5 years later...

Hi Guys,

Interesting topic. I pay 324 quid with Saga but take the car off the road for 6 months each year. Finding a 6 month policy was really hard & with Saga I get a year's cover but just suspend the policy from Octoer - April. They send me a cheque for the suspended period. They'll catch on some day I expect & give me grief. Anyone know of a decent compan that accommodates short-term cover I'd be interested.

Cheers.

Carlo

I have used ecar insurance in past they do PAYG car policy on monthly basis. You could cancel it whenever you like. However I don't use them any more as they started high premiums.

Always get quotes from more than one company and play one against the other

for the best price.

They can just knock £200 off without batting an eyelid to get your business, this

has happened to me a couple of times.

They can charge what they like.......

Also what is the excess?

\Excess is £100 voluntary and £350 compulsory. 9 years or more no claims. Protected NCB.

Out of interest,the most expensive was someone called Lancaster Insurance - £1083.90. I'll have to have a think about that one!!.

Also what is the excess?

\Excess is £100 voluntary and £350 compulsory. 9 years or more no claims. Protected NCB.

EXCESS Yet another con.

Mike

I must admit I don't really look into the details of insurance - I just go for the lowest possible quote to stay legal and worry about any claims etc if they come along. I could possibly get a better deal with more cover or whatever,but I can't be arsed!!.

I have just been onto Swiftcover.com. and tried to get a quote, I filled in the online form and the reply was "the main driver quoted is too young for us to insure" so Lexusluther I don't know how old you are!! but you got a quote; As I have just turned 69, how old do you have to be to get taken on???

:( SHELLDRAKE

I have just been onto Swiftcover.com. and tried to get a quote, I filled in the online form and the reply was "the main driver quoted is too young for us to insure" so Lexusluther I don't know how old you are!! but you got a quote; As I have just turned 69, how old do you have to be to get taken on??? :( SHELLDRAKE

There has to be an error when filling the form in. I'm only 64 and I have never been questioned to being to young for any car I have ever had and I have had some pretty nice cars but my Lexie is the best.

Mike

I had the same thing with swiftcover and I can assure no errors were made on my part although I thought I should be flattered lol

Yesterday the Government had talks with Insrance companies and the rising price of premiums. There was alot of pre publicity but nothing has come from how the talks went.

I dont think you need to be a neuclear scientist to know how it went.

Mike

Haha ofcourse they had to meet up. How else are the MPs to decide which board of directors to sit on when they get booted out of parliament! It certainly wasn't about being fair to average Joe on the street.

I'm not holding my breath, but I will be watching with interest.

Haha ofcourse they had to meet up. How else are the MPs to decide which board of directors to sit on when they get booted out of parliament! It certainly wasn't about being fair to average Joe on the street.

I'm not holding my breath, but I will be watching with interest.

Renewed the insurance today on our Mondeo ST24 Estate on fully comp, it had risen by only £6 extra so we will stay with Esure for this year, thats the 3rd year running. It still amazes me with how different the prices are all over the country. This is why IMHO vehivle insurance should be the domain of the government and not left to the profiters in the private sector.

I am not against companies making money but many years ago 1960 onwards it was considered good business to expect profits of around 30% on turnover now its just skin them for everything they've got.

I will now step off my soapbox for today.

Mike

This handy website checks your postcode, its been interesting to use but bugger all use in my search however. The insurance companies I've tried bleet on about how it may be my post code but two different risk assesments by the insurance industry have rated my post code between low and medium risk and I would say thats reasonable.

I think you are right Mike, the government need to take over basic insurance and allow people to buy extra cover if they wish. We are getting into the situation now where people are being priced off the road because insurance companies dont think they can make money out of certain areas. Does this then mean every decent honest hard working individual should be FORCED off the road because of a few scumbags both in Chav Ville and in the Boardrooms? Its disgusting the way this countries going and its just not right. Viva la revolution...no doubt many nefarious dark shady organistions are following me now after the Viva thing LOL. I hope they do then they would be able to report back that I'm a careful sensible driver!!! HaHa.

http://www.visitcars.co.uk/car-insurance/insurance-post-code-risk.html

This handy website checks your postcode, its been interesting to use but bugger all use in my search however. The insurance companies I've tried bleet on about how it may be my post code but two different risk assesments by the insurance industry have rated my post code between low and medium risk and I would say thats reasonable.

I think you are right Mike, the government need to take over basic insurance and allow people to buy extra cover if they wish. We are getting into the situation now where people are being priced off the road because insurance companies dont think they can make money out of certain areas. Does this then mean every decent honest hard working individual should be FORCED off the road because of a few scumbags both in Chav Ville and in the Boardrooms? Its disgusting the way this countries going and its just not right. Viva la revolution...no doubt many nefarious dark shady organistions are following me now after the Viva thing LOL. I hope they do then they would be able to report back that I'm a careful sensible driver!!! HaHa.

http://www.visitcars...-code-risk.html

Thats an interesting little tool

I put my postcode in and it barely moved an 1/8th inch in the low area.

Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links