Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Highway Insurance (comments Please)

Porkins

I've been looking round for quotes for my IS200 and the majority of quotes have been around the £700 mark (26 years old, was named driver until 1 year ago).

Some of the bigger companies either won't insure me or the premium is in excess of 1k.

I used quotelinedirect.co.uk and I managed to get a quote of nearly £200 less, with a company called Highway Insurance. I was just wondering if anyone had experience of the company, good or bad.

Please let me know!

I had them with some of my mods, the premium was ok and there were no problems. I can't remember why I changed. Probably just cheaper with another insurer once I'd added the exhaust.

I had no problem with Highway.

With A-Plan this year, though - came in a fair bit cheaper than my current insurer, and wiped the floor with the rest!

Click here for more info.

I had no problem with Highway.

With A-Plan this year, though - came in a fair bit cheaper than my current insurer, and wiped the floor with the rest!

Click here for more info.

Thanks eXOBeX!

I'm 26, 1 years NCB (named driver until 25) with 3 points (SP30) and 1 accident (some old man playing with his dogs drove into the back of me while I was stationary). 20k miles per year with class 1 business use.

I was looking for policies with £200 excess or less (£0 voluntary), legal protection, guaranteed hire/courtesy car.

After using companies like Directline, the AA, Virgin, Asda, Tesco, Churchill, eSure, More Than, Elephant, Norwich Union, confused.com, insuresupermarket, quotelinedirect (the list goes on quite indefinitely!), I had quotes ranging from around £600 to £1100.

I contacted Alistair at A-Plan this morning. 15 minutes later, I bought a policy with them for £555.

Anyone looking to insure their car, give A-Plan (Alistair) a call on 01635 521818.

Already tried that...moneysupermarket=insuresupermarket

As I said in my previous post, I think I've tried every insurance company there is (slight exaggeration). The closest to A-plan was quotelinedirect (underwitten by Highway) at 582.03+19.99 legal protection. Here's a list anyway:

Asda

Nationwide

Egg

Directline

Tesco

Churchill

Norwich Union

Virgin

Lexus

Autotrader

Money[insure]supermarket

AA

Quotelinedirect

Confused.com

eSure

More than

Elephant

Admirial

Budget

Zurich

Post Office

Endsleigh

RAC

Swiftcover

CIS

Sainsburys

Axa

Lloyds-TSB

These (and others I can't remember!) came in in two bands - £700-£800 or £900-£1000+. Some would not even quote me as I didn't have 2 years NCB.

I've bought the policy with A-Plan now and it kicks in at the start of next month, all your comments (especially eXOBeX) helped a great deal.

Thanks.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links