Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Is Cd Formats

I've been totally unsuccessful in tranferring some of my WMA tracks to a CD to play through the MLS.

MP3's work fine , but WMA don't.

My method:

Use Roxio 6, Classic Creator

On a CDR, drag and drop MP3 and WMA Folders

MP3's are OK, Folders and files play no probs

Opens a WMA Folder

flickes through each file

won't play the WMA

Tried with WMA files only on a CDR, same problem

Anyone been able to get their WMA's to work OK? I can use Win Media Player 9 to burn the WMA as standard tracks and they play fine, but then I don't get the benefits of crammed disks....Should I be doing something else for WMA's?

I've been totally unsuccessful in tranferring some of my WMA tracks to a CD to play through the MLS.

MP3's work fine , but WMA don't.

My method:

Use Roxio 6, Classic Creator

On a CDR, drag and drop MP3 and WMA Folders

MP3's are OK, Folders and files play no probs

Opens a WMA Folder

flickes through each file

won't play the WMA

Tried with WMA files only on a CDR, same problem

Anyone been able to get their WMA's to work OK? I can use Win Media Player 9 to burn the WMA as standard tracks and they play fine, but then I don't get the benefits of crammed disks....Should I be doing something else for WMA's?

oops, my post should have read , can't you convert to mp3's,

Sorry if this is just rubbish but is it possible that the stereo is only compatible with certain WMA formats and therefore does not have the codec for WMA9?

Hi,

could the problem be related to DRM (Digital Rights Management - licences to play the music)?

Did you create the WMAs yourself or buy them online?

If bought online then there's a good chance that they have licence info which has stayed on the pc.

If you created them and forgot to disable DRM then you may have created WMAs that require licences to play.

By the way, my understanding is that converting from one compressed format to another is not recommended as you invariably lose quality in the process.

Hope this helps.

Jim

I have compiled CDs with MP3 and WMA without any problem or tweaking. I have the ML system included with the MM/SatNav kit.

For info, I use Nero CD software to burn CDs. It has a simple option to Burn MP3 Disc or WMA Disc. This works fine, and I have also manually created a disc with a mix of both types of file, and they play in the Lexus.

:offtopic: One thing I have noticed about all MP3/WMA files, when you select Random (RND) play, it plays a tune then before selecting the next choice it plays a few seconds of the next track. Slightly annoying if you then decided to sing along to that one and it jumps to the next RND tune....back track doesn't work due to the next song being random... :duh: .hey ho.!! Bigger fish to fry!

I have made discs of .mp3 and .wma and all work fine in the ML system. Haven't tried a mix of both yet. I use ImToo CD-Ripper to rip the audio CDs and Nero 7 to burn the file CDs. I get between 10-12 audio CDs per 80min CD-R at 128kbps, so over 70 CDs in the stacker.

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone had a any luck getting the car to play a DVD or MP3 files? - if this worked I could get my whole music collection on a couple of discs!

MP3 on CDR yes

WMA on CDR no (I still dunno why - could be a missing certificate :~!)

MP3 on DVD no

The manual states it can support DVD audio.

Went to Costco yesterday and bought the Roxio 8 Easy CD Creator suite (wyhich I understood to be the same as Toast 7...haven't tried this yet, but it only talks about DVD Music Disc, which I know isn't the same as DVD Audio...

Anyway, am gonna give it a whirl when I've loaded it...don't hold much hope!!

It was £33.99...a bargain in my view!!

The manual states it can support DVD audio.

Went to Costco yesterday and bought the Roxio 8 Easy CD Creator suite (wyhich I understood to be the same as Toast 7...haven't tried this yet, but it only talks about DVD Music Disc, which I know isn't the same as DVD Audio...

Anyway, am gonna give it a whirl when I've loaded it...don't hold much hope!!

It was £33.99...a bargain in my view!!

Jamboo, I've already tried this, you are right in that it doesn't burn a DVD audio disc. You end up with a DVD with a whole bunch of music which is accessed through a front end fancy menu system which only displays when you are parked up. You can navigate through the disc using next/previous track but you don't get any album/song titles.

• 2 months later...
Sure is supposed to. You can just see ...MA behind my infamous inverted knob (ouch)

gears23qy.jpg]Link

By the way Scarface, welcome back to the land of the free....

Hi Jamboo

I have an IS220d MM and to date have not been able to play an MP3 or WMA file. I burn with Nero 7.

I also want to back up my DVD titles before bringing them to the car but cant play copied DVD's on the car system - not sure why.

Any advice would be gratefully received :question:

Cheers

Pat

you cant use the packet method....just put the mp3 files in folders and drag them into nero .make sure you set the settings to disc at once joliet and it will work. :)

As a matter of interest the manual says that MP3pro are not supported ......they ARE they play fine in mine so at about 2megs per song you can get heaps on one cdr

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links