Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rattle Free Is250/is220 Owners

The new IS appears to be taking a right battering on here - I feel genuinely sorry for owners who are having problems but I think we need to redress the balance - and hopefully at the same time find out whether it is a quality control problem at the factory.

If you have a rattle/squeak free new IS register it here and lets see how things balance out:

I know it is early days but here goes:

My model: IS250 Sport, 1200 miles, bought from Lexus Newcastle in March - NO PROBLEMS AND ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTED (so far!)

I have not been totally trouble free: I've had the seat belt sticking problem and the center dash rattle, both dealt with promptly by Lexus Woodford with a free replacement car if I needed it. And they fitted my iPod connector for free at the same time.

However, the car is truely great and the after sales service has been second to none. I am a happy owner and get pleasure from the car every time I drive it.

If I had been treated the way Jamboo has obviously been, it would have been a totally different experience. It shows how a sympathetic dealer can make all the difference.

BTW Jamboo, contrary to what your service guy said, James tells me that he has video'd both the fault and the fix (for the center dash rattle) and that it has gone back to Lexus and is available to all. So your guy is speaking rubbish.

So no car is perfect, but if you have a dealer that is prepared to work with you rather than against you, the experience can be positive rather than negative.

The new IS appears to be taking a right battering on here - I feel genuinely sorry for owners who are having problems but I think we need to redress the balance - and hopefully at the same time find out whether it is a quality control problem at the factory.

If you have a rattle/squeak free new IS register it here and lets see how things balance out:

My model: IS250 Sport, 1200 miles, bought from Lexus Newcastle in March - NO PROBLEMS AND ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTED (so far!)

I got mine from Newcastle Lexus too. 6k miles and no rattles - of course I have now cursed it and I bet next time I go out it rattles like a bag of spanners!

I have not been totally trouble free: I've had the seat belt sticking problem and the center dash rattle, both dealt with promptly by Lexus Woodford with a free replacement car if I needed it. And they fitted my iPod connector for free at the same time.

However, the car is truely great and the after sales service has been second to none. I am a happy owner and get pleasure from the car every time I drive it.

If I had been treated the way Jamboo has obviously been, it would have been a totally different experience. It shows how a sympathetic dealer can make all the difference.

BTW Jamboo, contrary to what your service guy said, James tells me that he has video'd both the fault and the fix (for the center dash rattle) and that it has gone back to Lexus and is available to all. So your guy is speaking rubbish.

So no car is perfect, but if you have a dealer that is prepared to work with you rather than against you, the experience can be positive rather than negative.

No rattles or squeeks, a little wind noise but nothing major as I usually have the stereo on loud. :winky:

Incidently I bought my car from the same dealer as Jamboo and my experience was less than perfect (although not as bad as Jamboo), so I won't use them again, not even for servicing.

Having said that can anyone recommend a good Midlands dealer for servicing?

Saracen,

Lexus Coventry deliver on all fronts that is why I am happy to travel c.100 miles to receive the very best:

the Team really do aim to make you feel special.

Tel :driving:

Saracen,

Lexus Coventry deliver on all fronts that is why I am happy to travel c.100 miles to receive the very best:

the Team really do aim to make you feel special.

Thanks Tel. I have considered Coventry but dismissed them as I thought they were expensive, however I now have a prepaid Serivce Plan so think I will give them a try next time. My mate goes there all the time and really likes them.

Lexus IS220 SE Auto with MM.....had the car now for 2 months delivered from Swindow Lexus, good service. Now done over 12000 miles.....yep looks I know. No rattles, what so every, like the day she was born and still smells new...

Thou.....I do have an annoying problem with the CD. It keeps on freezing on some CD's and then re starts about 10 mins later. Does this on professional CD's as well as MP3's or copies....any one else had this one...reported to Lexus but no joy yet....

220d + MM

Rides well, no rattles, good performance, very pleased with the car and the sales staff at Manchester.

Had a few problems getting my Origin B2 installed by the dealer. Sorted now though.

Only one annoyance is a rattle when I shut the drivers door. I have also noticed some glass shards on my drive. Car was ex demo and I think its had a broken side window at some point. I'll be calling Manchester first thing tomorrow to find out.

No rattles or squeeks, a little wind noise but nothing major as I usually have the stereo on loud. :winky:

Incidently I bought my car from the same dealer as Jamboo and my experience was less than perfect (although not as bad as Jamboo), so I won't use them again, not even for servicing.

Having said that can anyone recommend a good Midlands dealer for servicing?

Here here - Coventry seemed good, I went there for a snoop and it looked OK. I might be forced to go there...unless Leic redeem themselves...and I keep the car!

3 weeks & 1500 km with the following:

1) tiny rattle from seatbelt in door pillar, right by the driver's ear;

2) AC unit does not come on when the car starts - it loses all its settings. Not posible to switch it on for first 20 - 30 seconds until the front demister light stops flashing;

3) wind noise from drivers door at motorway speeds.

Reported first two to dealer over a week ago who promised to call back the next working day. I'm still waiting.

Picked up my IS220 D last week. Great car. Build quality far far better than the Saab I had Previously. No rattles but the rear veiw mirror bounces like crazy at motorway speeds. I'm not sure if this is down to the mirror or the screen vibrating cos theres too much bass on the stereo!! has anyone else come across this ? Overall i'm impressed, still not sure about gear ratios though.

Picked up my IS220 D last week. Great car. Build quality far far better than the Saab I had Previously. No rattles but the rear veiw mirror bounces like crazy at motorway speeds. I'm not sure if this is down to the mirror or the screen vibrating cos theres too much bass on the stereo!! has anyone else come across this ? Overall i'm impressed, still not sure about gear ratios though.

Yes, my rear view mirror is useless on the motorway, but really only bad if I put it in 6th at 80mph plus.

Since delivery on 22/12.

. 8 visits to Lexus service

. 1 visit to Lexus showroom

. 14 days at Lexus service (including one 7 day marathon which included a weekend)

. Rattle in dash - solved

. Rattle in driver's door - solved after 3 visits

. Rattle in rear parcel shelf - solved

. Road noise (Lexus replaced tyres but created another 2 tyre related problems) - unresolved and also left black marks over cream leather (brake dust), required extra visit to get cleaned.

. Passenger's airbag fault - solved

. Creak from both passenger side vents (appeared only after passenger side airbag part was replaced) - currently unsolved after 1 visit.

. Original dash rattle came back (also only after passenger side airbag part was replaced) - solved.

Yes, my rear view mirror is useless on the motorway, but really only bad if I put it in 6th at 80mph plus.

Yep, same problem, but in 5th it's less. I have hardly used 6th. Last week I actually used sixth for a while, the mirror was vibrating, and it was only then that I realised how much the car bucks, kicks and labours in sixth. It really is, IMHO, a useless gearing ratio.

It is not useable, and for UK spec. I cannot see how they can advertise it as a six speed (unless you have large private "testing" grounds, or go on track days...but track days in a diesel? Well there's a thort!).

Have covered 4500klm in my sport with 18''wheels now and 3 months on no rattles at all and no unschedule visit to lexus but i do get a creak from the dash on cold mornings but its goes as the day heats up i was told the the dash gaps are very tight and expands and contracts in weather but very happy.

My IS300 had rattles and they replaced the sunroof and steering wheel the amount of electronics in the dash of 250 is overwhelming. arwsome ML sound system :D :D :D

• 2 months later...

IS250 SE-L small rattle from B Pillar getting sorted next week when in for seat belt re-call work. Love the car, just been to Le Mans 1,000 miles in 4 days and 39 mpg even though fully laden.

I cant believe the problems some people are having with the new Lexus IS250 this has only cemented my belief to never buy new...... which is why when i buy a car about a year old i find that most of the niggly problems have been solved by the new owner, its sad to think someone has to go through this when parting with a big chunk of money,but i guess someone has to right?

Apart from my early saga of excessive wind noise from both front doors which was fixed eventually with simple door adjustment, my SE-L auto with MLMM has been brilliant. Oh...had a high frequency rattle around the central dash speaker for about 20 minutes after a whole night outside in sub zero temperatures, then never to be heard again :) . Very pleased even after parting with £32K :blink: , now if only I could get it to return more than 30 mpg :crying: ...but my right foot says it aint't going to happen. :blush:

My car has suffered one minor tapping rattle from the centre dash speaker that took 2 x 30mins visits over 2 days to resolve.(Convinced had I not taken it to 40c.Italy would have never rattled). On the 18" Hoshis, it looks a real stunner & the ride is definitly no worse than 17".

High-speed mpg is very impressive & it is certainly the best car I have ever had.

220 Luxury (the spec in Germany is called that, basically everything except ML)

1 week old

900kms

37MPG on my first full tank (with Germany driving conditions)

Completeley rattle free, the car is the bomb, couldn't be any happier

here a little pic

pintomobil.jpg

color is called Titanium Blue here, Breakwater blue in the US. Black leather interior, 17" wheels. I think the spec is a mix of the different trim levels avalable in the UK.

back in garage for 5th time. rattle from seat belt area. they have had it over 4 weeks and counting. had the car since nov, but its been back at the dealers for 82 days and is still in there now. absolute joke, never again.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links