Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 220d Insurance

It's less than 2 weeks until I pick up 2 x 220d SEs (one for me and one for the wife!) and so the time has come to get the car insurance sorted out - but what a hassle!

Many of the online car insurers such as Elephant and InsureandGo don't seem to know about the car :tsktsk: , which would be okay if they told you up front, but instead they let you type in all your details first, wasting a good 10-15 minutes as you select your occupation, what business your in, what you'll be using the car for, how long you've had a license, the same again for the second driver.... you get the idea.

So I'm hoping that some of you have managed to get insurance for a 220d :winky: - hopefully for a good price - and you are willing to recommend.

Fairly simple requirement: No mods on the cars, for commuting purposes, wife needs it for business mileage. 1 x MW10 conviction (joined the motorway a bit too soon - went over a white line in 2005) and 1 claim on insurance back in 2002 due to a car landing in the side of ours ie. not our fault, no claims unaffected and fully recovered.

Any ideas?

cheers,

David

It's less than 2 weeks until I pick up 2 x 220d SEs (one for me and one for the wife!) and so the time has come to get the car insurance sorted out - but what a hassle!

Many of the online car insurers such as Elephant and InsureandGo don't seem to know about the car :tsktsk: , which would be okay if they told you up front, but instead they let you type in all your details first, wasting a good 10-15 minutes as you select your occupation, what business your in, what you'll be using the car for, how long you've had a license, the same again for the second driver.... you get the idea.

So I'm hoping that some of you have managed to get insurance for a 220d :winky: - hopefully for a good price - and you are willing to recommend.

Fairly simple requirement: No mods on the cars, for commuting purposes, wife needs it for business mileage. 1 x MW10 conviction (joined the motorway a bit too soon - went over a white line in 2005) and 1 claim on insurance back in 2002 due to a car landing in the side of ours ie. not our fault, no claims unaffected and fully recovered.

Any ideas?

cheers,

David

Direct Line - Class 1a business included for free and cheapest quote - full discount, legal and NCB prot etc £465 in a dodgy part of the midlands...also no mileage limit!!

It's less than 2 weeks until I pick up 2 x 220d SEs (one for me and one for the wife!)

Did you get a good price because you were buying two? :winky:

To avoid all this hassle, I use confused.com and let it do the work. Cheapest quote was £310 (Swiftcover) partner is on the policy and business mileage is included. To be fair I have full no claims, the car is garaged and I live in the middle of nowhere (nearest neighbour is over a mile away)!

Did you get a good price because you were buying two? :winky:

To avoid all this hassle, I use confused.com and let it do the work. Cheapest quote was £310 (Swiftcover) partner is on the policy and business mileage is included. To be fair I have full no claims, the car is garaged and I live in the middle of nowhere (nearest neighbour is over a mile away)!

I got a great price.... the discount was significantly more than what I've seen people mention on the forums and drivethedeal! Given the discount, I didn't dare ask for more because I was buying two - I felt guilty enough... well, thinking about it, not that quilty :hehe:

I tried confused.com but they didn't recognise the reg plates and when I tried to select by manufacturer, they didn't seem to know about any Lexus 2006 models :(

I'm currently with Toyota Insurance (which I presume is the same as Lexus Insurance) which is up for renewal at the end of May, so I might just ask them to cover me until then while I try out some of the suggestions here. At least by then everyone should acknowledge the reg plates and should make it a little bit easier.

cheers,

David

Im a 31 year old male living in the east midlands and found Direct Line the cheapest at £398, that is also wih my wife on the policy. That is cheaper than what it cost me to insure my old 02 reg IS200 sport.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links