Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Metal Air Cap For Tyres

Not sure what the technical term for them is but I noticed yesterday that one of mine is missing! :tsktsk: I checked and tightened the remaining three but now wonder what to do. Do have to buy new ones or will Lex be able to give me a spare. i only bought my car 5 weeks ago :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

Hi.

I Just ordered a set of silver spinning anti-theft valve caps with a more substantial key. I've also ordered a set of chrome valve sleeves to cove the std rubber valve. It seems people who buy the normal caps or even std anti-theft ones they get nicked. But the spinning ones don't. - So We'll See. :winky:

Hi.

I Just ordered a set of silver spinning anti-theft valve caps with a more substantial key. I've also ordered a set of chrome valve sleeves to cove the std rubber valve. It seems people who buy the normal caps or even std anti-theft ones they get nicked. But the spinning ones don't. - So We'll See. :winky:

where did you get the chrome sleeves from mate???

not a great idea to have metal caps - the weight of the rotational force bends the valve and unless they are brass the caps corrode onto the valves

Corrosion was a major problem when I took the car in to get two new tyres and rotate the other two. It took ages for the fitter to get the caps off and what should have been kwik took a very long time, all down to the caps corroding onto the valve stems, needless to say I didn't put chrome caps back on! Hoping that the standard Lexus ones are of better quality than the ones I got from eBay.

Hi.

where did you get the chrome sleeves from mate???

Ebay link for caps / stems

"where did you get the chrome sleeves from mate???"

Hi mate.

Sorry he beat me to it. :) Anyway...Glad these types were posted so I can explain what I went for and why. I was gonna go for those Lexus ones but I decided against it and went for the other spinning ones in titanium finish for 3 reasons. 1a) I heard the Lexus ones still get nicked as they lock into place, and can be forced off, which could bugger my tyre up. Don't wanna go there. :blink: 1b)That little tool is minute and fiddly, and I wanted something easier to use. 2) The Spinning ones I hear don't get nicked plus they come with a much better tool and the locking hole is located on top instead of the side, which would allow u much easier access. 3) The Lexus ones £6 cost more and for the extra I could get the sleeves and postage esp with the additional item discount :) Link For Chrome Stems: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

"Corrosion was a major problem when I took the car in to get two new tyres and rotate the other two. It took ages for the fitter to get the caps off and what should have been kwik took a very long time, all down to the caps corroding onto the valve stems, needless to say I didn't put chrome caps back on! Hoping that the standard Lexus ones are of better quality than the ones I got from eBay."

The spinning ones are nickel plated brass with staybrite annodised finish so sorrosion on the wheels shouldn't be a problem. I don't forsee any cos I check my tyre pressures once a week anyway, so they'll get frequent use :winky: Plus the sleeves cover the base of the stem, whereas the lexus one stop short. - It says all valves are standard. - If I have any trouble with it in the IS alloy recess I'll let u guys know here. :winky:

Cheers !

I only got my car at the begining of March and last weekend whilst washing it, i noticed all 4 of my value caps have gone missing, some how i dont think they just came loose and fell off :tsktsk:

The Halfords ones posted by Jamboo look like a good alternative, i'm not going to pay lexus for some new ones only for the litle brats round here to come and nick them again....

Nic

how do these fit on? i take it they fit over the plastic existing stems, but how?? it doesn't appear as if they could slide on from the top?? would it require a tyre place to fit them??? :blush:

Nah. Just remove the dust cap and slide them over the rubber sleeve and replace dust cap :)

My next Purchase....£12.99 for lockable "spinning" ones...

Here

PS probably a magnetic spindle, but it'll thwart the casual cleptomaniac...

hi jamboo, i've had these richbrook spinning caps on my lex for nine months,the :tsktsk: have tried as they leave their prints in the brake dust. good quality and looks, just screw them on with the key much better than the caps with the tiny grub screw. :D :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links