Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Trip To Tte And Nurburgring

Jiberjaber

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry slightly :offtopic: ....

So Clarksons 10 minute ring time in a diesel was actually quite a good result after all........ I know he had loads of goes and such......

It's easy working out the average speed ..... but what was the highest speed achieved ..... near max?

Cheers

On "Tourist Days", i.e. public days, you can't actually do a complete lap. You enter the track after the barrier, and have to immediately follow a lane of cones that guide you for about 100m. Then at the end of your lap, approx 500m from the pit area, there are cones that guide you into the pit area. So you have to slow right down to approx 10mph because of the queue of cars coming into the pits. This is in the big straight you see in all the video's. So we never got to see what out top speed was.

Even if you're doing 2 laps you still have to slow down when entering the coned lanes, and still have to stop, and get checked through the barrier again.

Approximately 3/4 mile of the track is driven in coned lanes, and you absolutely cannot speed in these.

So you see, it's impossible to time a lap.

it is nowhere near what he was doing on the open road :whistling: B) :lol:

Tis true, i know I maxed my car out at one stage, it bounced off the limit in 6th.

As for the track, looking back through my lap, off the last bend I was doing 80, then hit 120 before we had to slow down.

But the speed and timing are not whats important, its about enjoying your lap, and doing it safely.

Tis true, i know I maxed my car out at one stage, it bounced off the limit in 6th.

As for the track, looking back through my lap, off the last bend I was doing 80, then hit 120 before we had to slow down.

But the speed and timing are not whats important, its about enjoying your lap, and doing it safely.

Well said that man... however I think we all beat Zee's time by at least 1 minute :lol: Barry beat it by a larger margin, but that was due to the "short persons" allowance Sabine gave him hehe

Well said that man... however I think we all beat Zee's time by at least 1 minute :lol: Barry beat it by a larger margin, but that was due to the "short persons" allowance Sabine gave him hehe

she told me they had to move back some of the armco, to allow you to get through :lol:

• 1 month later...
Some great pics there guys. Sounds like you all had an excellent time :D I bet the guy with the porsche was gutted :crying:

Just found out that the GT2 that crashed at Flugplatz was being driven at that time by one of his friends. :crybaby: Apparently the car landed askew after jumping the crest at QH, fishtailed and the rest is history.

can someone explain whats going on with that M3 style IS400 in lee's picture gallery,is that a TTE car?power?

that is the IS430, built by TTE

should be at JAE this july :D

can someone explain whats going on with that M3 style IS400 in lee's picture gallery,is that a TTE car?power?

driven it loads of times....av i told you that ;)

thats exciting,ill be along to see that.At TTE i understand they take you on a tour and stuff,was that picture taken at TTE,or nurburgring?i mean the pics with all the showroom cars.

driven it loads of times....av i told you that ;)

once maybe, :yawn:

thats exciting,ill be along to see that.At TTE i understand they take you on a tour and stuff,was that picture taken at TTE,or nurburgring?i mean the pics with all the showroom cars.

TTE

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk