Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 250 Back In Garage Again!

took delivery of new is250 se auto on 29nov. after a couple of days i realised the spare fob was not working as well as a vibrating/rattling noise coming from the seat belt casing area. took the car back and reported both faults. they had problems repairing the fob and as a result had the car for 10 days. told everything was ok, went to pick up the car it would not start, they said the Battery was flat! went back the next day the fob was working fine, but got half a mile down the road and the rattle was back. left it a couple of weeks hopin it would go,but no took it back again. 2 days later picked it up , half a mile down the road the rattle started again. it is now back with lexus manchester for a fourth time , they have now had it since 9th april and are waiting for parts. the loan car i have is a new is so cant complain there , but everythin else is a joke having paid over £27000 for a new car. its been back in the garage for about 5 weeks in total, and is still in there!!!

Sorry guys why do you put up with it, simple if you are not happy with the amount of the time off the road and the faults ask the dealer to replace the car or give you your money back ( i.e. reject it ).

how can i reject a car thats six month old let alone get my money back. i would settle for a grand less than i paid for it.

I've tried harder than probably anyone else on this forum (other than Javeed) to reject a brand new IS/Lex...and failed!!

It really ain't that simple....let alone one thats now several months old!

As I posted on a previous thread, you can walk away from used/ex-demo cars even at the slightest gaff, but not a new one!

I'll post the facts tomorrow when I have time in case anyone thinks I'm talking out of my hat!!

The fact the car is 6 months old doesn't matter. it was new and should be fit for purpose and have no manufacture faults.

Have you mentioned rejection / buy back to the dealer to see their reaction?

The fact they can't get parts or whatever doesn't matter, that's their problem not yours.

I've tried harder than probably anyone else on this forum (other than Javeed) to reject a brand new IS/Lex...and failed!!

As I posted on a previous thread, you can walk away from used/ex-demo cars even at the slightest gaff, but not a new one!

I'll post the facts tomorrow when I have time in case anyone thinks I'm talking out of my hat!!

I can only say that so far.... no problems with mine whatsoever. It's an absolute joy.

Perhaps it depends on the day it was made. Not only don't buy a Friday afternoon car etc.

Only get one made on Wednesday around 11.00am :whistling:

The law is totally fragmented as my legal rep told me when it comes to cars. True - if you have a dodgy washing machine or a Rolex you can take 'em straight back and ask for a refund, but not cars.

I spoke to 3 legal eagles and CAB, each told me roughly the same thing (even the one I actually paid a consultation fee to :o ) and this is what I gleaned (AND IS ALL AGNOSTIC TO BRAND/DEDALERS - i.e. not just Lexus but aoplies to any marque - and I can see their point!):

New Cars: These need to have a major mechanical or structural failure for any dealer or manufacturer to give you your dosh back/buy back. Even a blown engine (which is effectively replaceable) may not be sufficient grounds for a rejection, though it depends on the specific case and when it happened. It's nigh on impossible rejecting a Brand new car even on day of collection...you need one good dealer!

It's registered, to you, and drops like a stone in value, and NO DEALER will take that hit. Either you or the manufacturer will have to. Manufacturers have now all started to follow what NBLG mentioned on my original thread - 2 strikes at the dealer for remedial work, then referred to manufacturer technical teams. Then and only then will a manufacturer agree to replace/refund etc. Until then your contract is with your dealer and it depends on what they will do/what precedence they wish to set.

Any refund is likely to be be based on "trade" value. Mine in 6 weeks would I reckon be worth £22,500 trade, even though new was £27k+ purchase price so how many of us can afford to take a £1k hit per week!!!!

If you think you have sufficient grounds to claim the rest back you go to court :duh: (small claims court for <£5k) and as I was told only the lawyers will make real money out of it!! You have to be able to satisfy the court that the car was not fit for purpose ('cos the dealer will easily defend it on the basis that it's fixable and is driveable).

Used Cars: This includes approved ex-demo's. Many manufacturers will have policy to 'replace' (and some even a refund). These you can reject on the day provided there is something wrong on collection. HOwever, these are time/mileage limited and the dealer will charge you for valeting etc... :o Again, it depends on the dealer, brand and what policy they have. Ask the questions on buying it first!! Because there's no price tumble problems, the dealer will happily just stick the car back on the forcourt and is likley not to lose anything necessarily.

So what's the bottom line advice? Well, you buy with your eye's wide open :blink: as my solicitor said!

Also, whilst it's unacceptable, new models will have teething troubles, and no matter the brand you have to expect it (though I still think it's unacceptable) as it's a complex machine (even a Skoda).

The good thing thing is that these are small problems. I still maintain that the car is a good'n, and we should just get it fixed. See next thread...

• 2 weeks later...

HI

The B pillar rattle is a well known fault with an easy fix It is done adjusting something on the stricker plate and new insulation TRy a better dealership. Jamboo is 100% correct I also tried to reject my car It depends on the dealer Years ago I rejected a SAAB and they took it back...paint was peeling off all over ..but for a rattle no ways. The will only offer a trade in at about 4 k less than you paid for another lexus or toyota ... that is it.

I am sure some dealership will cure the problem Woodford came up trumps and I to am enjoying my lexus so much in fact they bought a second one....much newer build date and no problems what so ever( what I expected lexus to be in the first place)

speak to gill want at lexus gb the may help with luck!

alan

• 1 month later...

its back in again. they have had it for over 3 weeks. its the 5th time they have attempted to fix it. got it in november and have had a courtesy car (manual ) where mine is auto for about 2 months. been on to customer services three times and have never had a reply. had enough, i'm sellin it when i get it back.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links