Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Many Miles Does You Full Tank Give You?

Hi there. i am confused by the different degrees of consumtion that people seem to get from there GS300s. On a long run, (incidentally) when i first bought it, i filled up, went to notts and back to london drove around town and i got 294 miles before the light came on. Filled up with 60 pounds worth of fuel. (bear in my mind the boot was full of luggage and five people in the car(one way)). Am on my second tank now.. so will post how many miles i get from it.. Can everyone post the mileage they get off a full tank, so we can do a comparison.. plus just how large is that reserve !!! seems very large..

Covered here extensively mate

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=31708

Don't expect a GS300 to be economical at all. It's a thirsty engine in a heavy car with lowish gearing. Think about it, the same engine fitted to the IS bodyshell (i.e. a lighter car) returns similar performance figures 0-60, which lends more evidence to the fact that the GS has been geared for performance NOT economy!

I go up and down the country all the time

My experience over the last 3 years - figures from Full tank - Empty ish

Long run with Air conditioning turned off (saves quite a bit) - 360 - 380 miles

Some motorway, some A road, bit of town (air con onoff/) - 280 - 300 miles

all town and short runs - 260 miles

you can get at least 50 miles from the empty light coming on, if you turn the air con off!!

but its all worth it because after 2 hours getting to a customer, I'm fresh and ready to work. When I drove a Golf, I was ready to have a kip and go home again

;)

Mark

you can get at least 50 miles from the empty light coming on, if you turn the air con off!!

but its all worth it because after 2 hours getting to a customer, I'm fresh and ready to work. When I drove a Golf, I was ready to have a kip and go home again

;)

Mark

A 25K+ a year man with a late 2000 GS300. On mixed driving I get around 380 miles - and can only manage to squeeze around 63-65 litres into the tank at the end (assumes running the trip range down to zero, and sometimes a little beyond. Toying with the idea of running to empty just to see how far I can go as the tank is supposed to be 75 litres.

On a really long run I get 430+. There are some heavy right footers out there!

Since the install of the S/C, about 250 a tank. Im jealous with envy as my colleague took a picture of his odometre after a long run with a car full at half tank shown 188 miles!! Must have drove like a grandad mind!

;)

Mark

A 25K+ a year man with a late 2000 GS300. On mixed driving I get around 380 miles - and can only manage to squeeze around 63-65 litres into the tank at the end (assumes running the trip range down to zero, and sometimes a little beyond. Toying with the idea of running to empty just to see how far I can go as the tank is supposed to be 75 litres.

On a really long run I get 430+. There are some heavy right footers out there!

Hmmm, 430+ on 63 litres is approx 31mpg, I'm assuming you are cruising around the 70mph mark to get those figures.

Naah, don't agree with your heavy footer theory..the GS is just set up with low gearing. You don't need to push hard to make it go, it's got the VVT-i as well.

So how many miles are you getting if you are pootling around town on short journeys and stuck in stop/start traffic all the time?

average about 170 to 175 out of a 1/2 tank, dont let it go much below that, both ect and over drive off and drive like an old man ,

cant think about filling it up, 70 odd quid :(

and terminator, do you drive with your brakes on ? when ur moving you should take your foot off the middle pedal :)

So how many miles are you getting if you are pootling around town on short journeys and stuck in stop/start traffic all the time?

I don't live in London so rarely get stuck in traffic for any extended periods of time (although Nottingham has it's moments). Still get around 26 mpg according to the 'puter though. (32/33 mpg on motorway stuff - normally around 70-80, cameras permitting).

Have come to a decision. I'm going to squeeze as much fuel in as I can + a spare can. Then I can run right through to empty and see how far I get. 80K service is due any day so I'm not too morried about gumming up the fuel filter.

Let's see how it goes...

average about 170 to 175 out of a 1/2 tank, dont let it go much below that, both ect and over drive off and drive like an old man ,

cant think about filling it up, 70 odd quid :(

and terminator, do you drive with your brakes on ? when ur moving you should take your foot off the middle pedal :)

Had a Mk1 before the one I have now. 350 miles from a tank is pretty good.

PS.

I am an old man.

90% of my mileage is stop start going to work average 10 miles round trip, been out in it today and ive done 185 to half o tank, which i dont think is bad so working on that maybe just under 400 miles a full tank, and i thought it drunk it ;)

every now and again though i like to "give it some" you know embarass the boy racers

Steve

I ran my LPG tank to empty and got precisely 249 miles before having to flick to petrol, shift to neutral and restart the car (I was doing 65 at the time) :blink: I worked out that I was getting approx 18mpg and that I would need to fill up every third day :o but at least it only costs between £20 and £25 each time :P

Thinking logically about your reply ryo. If i get 200mls from a full tank then it would be 100mls from 1/2 a tank.If you get 170 mls from a 1/2 tank then you get 70mls more from 1/2 a tank and therefore 140 miles more than me on a full tank.So who is driving with the brakes on ??

Forget all this talk of "half tanks" and "full tanks", please mention litres used and miles driven, such that we can compare fuel consumption accurately! LOL

And remember that Mk1 tank is 5 litres bigger than Mk2 tank.

• 2 weeks later...
Ran through from full to empty (75 litres including the contents of the spare can).

468 miles. Is this now officially a competition?

Naah mate, just curious to see what each of us get from the same car.

Filled up, got on the motorway and cruised at 65mph until the mpg readout hit 40. Seriously this new GS regularly gives me 34mpg mixed driving which is 8 more than the MK1 - Ok I admit I'm a lightfoot.

Ran the range down to zero today and took only 61 litres to refill - wonder how far it will go?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links