Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gutted

GWilso

After seing a few IS200 with the slightly blacked out rear windows (I think this is standard on the newer models?

I'm thinking yeah would look good on mine the courtous side of me says better check with my insurance company and guess what they won't allow me because im under 25 and any mods make my insurance void

allthough if it was standard lexus tinted windows it would be ok

Know it's risky but if i had it done would they really know it wasnt standard? Maybe a lexus dealer would do this? that keeps it standard surely

Cheers Guys

The rear tints were put on the IS200 Sport and IS300 (Both as standard).

They were not put on the SE, S or LE (Limited Edition).

The LE did get HIDs though, and full leather, and a different paint job. (Before you ask)

:)

Know it's risky but if i had it done would they really know it wasnt standard? Maybe a lexus dealer would do this? that keeps it standard surely

Getting it done by the dealer doesn't make it standard. (They'd outsource it to someone elses anyway.) The engineers that inspect your car after a crash see cars all day, every day - they'll probably know whats standard. Want to risk being uninsured?

Just change insurer. Simple. Some are happy with mods some aren't. Either change now and get penalised a bit or wait til your next renewal. I've had to change for some of my mods and even ended up paying less.

Just ask the insurers first, see if it even goes up? I know lots of people try to blag it later, but my personal advice is this, tell them. You don't go out looking to crash ur pride and joy, but if it happens you need the insurance. I didn't on my old car I was lucky no acciedent, an now I've had a knock in the Lexus (standard) had i done it in this my insurance could of been in dispute and then ur really in trouble if they won't pay out... I'm only 21 as well :winky: and put my alloys on as the mods, it's a must really, better to pay those extra few pounds then be in 1000's of pounds debt :o

Thanks for the info guys when I spoke to my insurance company they just simply wont isure me to have tinted windows not even at extra cost i've searched everywere for other insurance but mine really is the cheapest around by about £500 quid, oh well stuck with it for only 1 year to go then i break the 25 barrier and can mod all i like

Cheers

Thanks for the info guys when I spoke to my insurance company they just simply wont isure me to have tinted windows not even at extra cost i've searched everywere for other insurance but mine really is the cheapest around by about £500 quid, oh well stuck with it for only 1 year to go then i break the 25 barrier and can mod all i like

Cheers

try adrian flux....they allows mods for under 25's.

also, elephant allow minor mods.

hope that helps :D

so how is a new owner of a used car supposed to know what is or isn't standard, if it has had professionally tinted glass by the previous owner, to the same spec as the sport, how would the new owner know it isn't a factory option unless he/she was a lexus aficionado. my previous car was a imported toyota surf, i don't know what the standard alloys were supposed to look like, i don't know if mine were aftermarket or standard , or whether the suspension was standard. insurance is a rip off.

• 2 weeks later...

my insurance is hurrendous but thats due to having an accident last year then got caught speeding the month later in my last car but i found tesco to be far the best and theyre good for mods (as long as you tell them) as im only 20. worth a shot, they do online quotes, give it a shot.

jay m

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links