Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat Nav Rds-tmc - Does It Work On Is250?

I have just got an IS250 with MM and am reading through the manual (ok sad man maybe). It mentions RDS-TMC which is a traffic alerting system. Does this work on the IS250 in the UK. I looked up this functionality on the web and found that it comes in the LS range.

I can check it out on a run at some point but just wondered if anyone had used it/ if it works.

I have just got an IS250 with MM and am reading through the manual (ok sad man maybe). It mentions RDS-TMC which is a traffic alerting system. Does this work on the IS250 in the UK. I looked up this functionality on the web and found that it comes in the LS range.

I can check it out on a run at some point but just wondered if anyone had used it/ if it works.

It works extremely well in my IS220 so no reason that it wont work in your IS250. Have to say that this is one of my favorite features, great for avoiding road works and accidents.

It works extremely well in my IS220 so no reason that it wont work in your IS250. Have to say that this is one of my favorite features, great for avoiding road works and accidents.

It asks you if you want to take the detour.

It sprang into life 10 days ago for the first time as we were leaving London along the M1. I was aware of the traffic problems at the roadworks after the M25 junction, and the system asked me to detour twice (through Hemel).

I dialled 2222 on the Vodaphone for the AA Traffic Watch...it said the road was clear!!!! Knowing the area well, I decided to stay on the M1 and ignore it, as loads of Toyota's (joke :D ) were peeling off towards Hemel....and I know what a pig that "merry go round" roundabout can be...

As we started to hit the traffic, I wondered if I should have done what "Alexis" was asking...

Anyway, we peresevered, and to our amazement we sailed through with only a delay of approx 3-5 minutes in total (i.. slowing down, brief stop and speeding up again after a very brief stop/start ruin for 20 yards or so). So I'm actually not sure at this stage...Now that I've said that, I'll disobey her again and I'll be stuck in a carjam all night!

It's the only time it's happened, so we'll see.

Yes it does work in the IS250 and as Scott says it’s very useful.

If you input your destination and then preview the route it will show you roadworks, congestion etc along the route before you even leave and will add new ones if they occur while you are en route.

That’s if you can hear it above any music you have playing at the time. I have not found a way to make TMC announcements repeat like you can with the route guidance by pressing the map button. Does anyone know please?

Yes it does work in the IS250 and as Scott says it’s very useful.

If you input your destination and then preview the route it will show you roadworks, congestion etc along the route before you even leave and will add new ones if they occur while you are en route.

That’s if you can hear it above any music you have playing at the time. I have not found a way to make TMC announcements repeat like you can with the route guidance by pressing the map button. Does anyone know please?

To get the TMC announcments to repeat, you can press the TMC button on the MM Display. This will only work when the TMC button has changed its apperance to have 3 gold bars as the button background.

Sometimes it can be hard to hit the button as its so small, and you end up moving the map about :duh:

Ignore at your own peril.

Three weeks after getting my car I set a destination then decided to suspend guidance.

Resumed guidance just as I was entering the long slip road to the A2 and arrrgh "Road ahead closed" :tsktsk:

It was too late to come off and we sat for 45 minutes. (luckily it had only just happened.)

Then had to take a detour through roads I do not know. Am so glad I got the MM.

Moral of the story is always program your destination.

Is there any way of finding out alerts without a destination programmed? i.e a round up of local alerts/A list on the screen.

I would also like to say my IS250SEL has now done nearly 4,000 miles and I am more impressed with it every time I drive it. Mechanically It is one of the best cars I have ever owned. The engine is loosening a bit and feels much smoother. (Not that it wasn't smooth in the first place.)

:D

To DarrenJbird. Thanks very much I won’t have to curse again when I miss an announcement.

To Arkanoid yes you can get local info without setting a destination. In my case it usually covers an area about 50-80miles.

To obtain this go to Menu, rds-tmc, all traffic events. There are then lists for Motorways, “A” roads and others

To DarrenJbird. Thanks very much I won’t have to curse again when I miss an announcement.

To Arkanoid yes you can get local info without setting a destination. In my case it usually covers an area about 50-80miles.

To obtain this go to Menu, rds-tmc, all traffic events. There are then lists for Motorways, “A” roads and others

Just found it in the SatNav Manual pgs 93-100

Thanks

Thanks all for the comments. I managed to get a trip down to Hull the other day and the re-route option came up.

The car is excellent, and the MM is so very much worth it.

My DVD is out of date. I have been told £100 for upgrade by Cov dealer, someone else told me it is more like £400. Has anyone ever upgraded, and what is the cost? Is there a non-dealer method which will not invalidate warranty?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links