Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi all

Can anyone help I've been brought a nokia CK-7W Bluetooth hands free kit And want to fit it into my GS300 SPORT 1995.

Has anyone done this before?? is it something I could do myself(no cradle) or a garage has said they'll fit it for £60 Should I let them do it?

Don't know why just abit shy about taking this car to bits which isn't like me. :blush:

Thanks Craig

:offtopic: Used my Gold discount today at Lexus Nottingham clear side repeaters on their way to me :D

i have fitted quite a few Nokia CK7w kits recently in my truck, and familys cars..

its quite easy realy, you just have to take your time.

there are 4 main wires... now you dont actualy have to use them all.

Firstly the main ones you need are for permanent 12v, this can be obtained from the radio wiring loom. it supply current even when keys are removed.

secondly you need a good earth, you can stop at this point as the unit will power down if a phone is disconnected from it for more than 2 mins.

there is a blue wire which connects to the switched 12v (i.e. your cigarette lighter socket). this will turn the kit on and off with the ignition allowing the phone to connect and disconnect.

the fourth wire is a yellow one, it will mute the sterio if you have that ability to. but is not needed if you dont want to.

the rest of the kit is about running the wires for the speaker, mic, switch etc etc.

should take no more than an hour or so and is very simple.

have a go!!!!

i have fitted quite a few Nokia CK7w kits recently in my truck, and familys cars..

its quite easy realy, you just have to take your time.

there are 4 main wires... now you dont actualy have to use them all.

Firstly the main ones you need are for permanent 12v, this can be obtained from the radio wiring loom. it supply current even when keys are removed.

secondly you need a good earth, you can stop at this point as the unit will power down if a phone is disconnected from it for more than 2 mins.

there is a blue wire which connects to the switched 12v (i.e. your cigarette lighter socket). this will turn the kit on and off with the ignition allowing the phone to connect and disconnect.

the fourth wire is a yellow one, it will mute the sterio if you have that ability to. but is not needed if you dont want to.

the rest of the kit is about running the wires for the speaker, mic, switch etc etc.

should take no more than an hour or so and is very simple.

have a go!!!!

Cheers Gents

Thanks for your help going to give it a go this afternoon. :)

I'll keep up dated you wouldn't think i'd fitted a full dvd system in my last car :blush:

Regards Craig.

just dont be daunted by all the other wires, thats what puts you off!!!

So just keep plugging and you will get it all done with a little time and patience.

just dont be daunted by all the other wires, thats what puts you off!!!

So just keep plugging and you will get it all done with a little time and patience.

DONE!!!!!!!! B)

Really pleased with the results only took about 1hr an a half :yahoo:

even at 70 the reception was fantasic and clear.

Wasn't going to bother with a cradle but having used the kit now I think it would be a good idea.

Thanks again.

With my £60 i'm off down the pub or should I just put more petrol in! :)

Excellent matey! Buy us a round of drinks with the cash...lol

Not a problem Maneesh

Apart from the fact i'd be warm by the time I got down to London So. . . . . .

Cheers :yahoo:

:offtopic: Just like to say a big thank you to lexus Nottingham fantasic customer service and the new gs300 is Fantasic.

Customer adviser wasn't bad either :winky:

:lol:

Regards Craig

Excellent matey! Buy us a round of drinks with the cash...lol

Not a problem Maneesh

Apart from the fact i'd be warm by the time I got down to London So. . . . . .

Cheers :yahoo:

:offtopic: Just like to say a big thank you to lexus Nottingham fantasic customer service and the new gs300 is Fantasic.

Customer adviser wasn't bad either :winky:

:lol:

Regards Craig

Sorry ment Fantastic. . . That'll be the beer :hehe:

• 2 years later...

I don't know a lot about audio stuff but isn't the standard ISO cable for when you replace the stereo with an aftermarket one? What you need is a phone mute lead to make sure that when a call comes in it mutes the standard stereo and cuts in the phone sound instead.

That link you've given is the sort of thing you'll need, but doesn't say whether it's for a GS or not so I'd just check that with them first.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links