Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Park Smart Magnetic Door Guard

Yuk!

yes but what else can anyone suggest ? As I see it we IS 220 / 250 owners are gonna suffer badly in this department as the doors have no rubbing strips at all. My car hasn't even arrived yet, and already I am scared to park it anywhere :excl:

You would not believe how selectively I park...went shopping at lunch time, parked at ASDA in the kiddy bit....away from any other cars!

Then drove to the Oadby Town Centre - and as I pulled out out of a street parking spot in the shopping area, guess who was waiting to pull into the huge spot I was occupying - A Cadoxton new IS...we gave each other the obligatory LEXUS glance as we passed each other...he pulled into the slot!!

PS - only other thing I can see that might work is the Magnetic signs that trades men have on their vans. They are approx 3mm thick and plasticised magnetic. Painted in the colour of your car they could work, will be largely un-noticeable and therefore kless likely to be nicked.

Drawbacks - well the paint may flake off as they are a bit flexible...

If only bubble wrap became fashionable....now if they made an ipod jacked in white bubble wrap, JC would recommend it and we could have that on our doors!!! I'm gonna post a suggestion to apple

The only time i park or rather used to park in the parent & child parking areas was when my kids were babies and also with me at the time, drives me insane when i see drivers parking in these spaces, or even worse, in disabled bays when they obviosly shouldn't be, how unbelievably thoughtless and selfish is it to do that..... i'm not suggesting you do or did this, and i'm sure you did have your kids with you, as did the other lex driver. I too worry about parking my car in a public or supermarket carpark, and try to either park as far away from the doors as possible, or stay in the car, while my better half does the shopping.

The only time i park or rather used to park in the parent & child parking areas was when my kids were babies and also with me at the time, drives me insane when i see drivers parking in these spaces, or even worse, in disabled bays when they obviosly shouldn't be, how unbelievably thoughtless and selfish is it to do that..... i'm not suggesting you do or did this, and i'm sure you did have your kids with you, as did the other lex driver. I too worry about parking my car in a public or supermarket carpark, and try to either park as far away from the doors as possible, or stay in the car, while my better half does the shopping.

Im not so sure that the aforementioned driver ( Hi jamboo :winky: ) does only park in the "mum and brat" spaces when the sprogs are on board....... :blush:

- but I'm sure he will correct me if I am slandering him :D :D

Before picking up my car. What do you think about this? Have you tried it? It is subject to theft as well, as I see it!

with regards

http://www.shop.edirectory.co.uk/auto_uniq...rd+two&cid=1270

Sry, I didnt mean for this subject to get here, something happened to my browser when I relogged!

I think unless they were glued on someone would more than likely pinch them for them selfs by the time you got back to the car..Its about time that the carpark lines between spaces were made thicker to allow more space between cars when parking.I know id park/shop there if there was a choice ;)

Chips..

No Matter how wide the space is apart from the Mother & Child spaces and Disabled

Someone is still going to swing the door open :duh:

The wider the space the bigger the dent

ASDA Milton Keynes have bigger spaces than Tesco's which I now frequent more but I will rather go shopping with my little boy to park in the sprog section

Saying that, people will still swing the car door opening until something stops the door from opening any further :tsktsk:

If those guards were secured by the door jam , if they had something like an rubber coated L bracket then that would stop the opportunistic thieves....

Might be worth considering making up....... front bracket could be bolted on to the guard and the rear bracket would be able to slide a couple of inches left and right and then could only be taken off when the door is open....... Hard to describe in words what i mean...... will i draw a pic?, or go back to sleep ?

If those guards were secured by the door jam , if they had something like an rubber coated L bracket then that would stop the opportunistic thieves....

Might be worth considering making up....... front bracket could be bolted on to the guard and the rear bracket would be able to slide a couple of inches left and right and then could only be taken off when the door is open....... Hard to describe in words what i mean...... will i draw a pic?, or go back to sleep ?

Back to sleep :shifty::tomato:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links