Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Liftback

spyshot

Hello,

my name is Spyshot, i would like to inform you of a new model undergoing evaluation.

I have been told by several insiders of the possible existence of this vehicle and one possible sighting in Germany.

the vehicle is described as physically looking like a IS200/300 from the front, however the rear is not a booted or sportcross variation.

it has a liftback(hatchback) form, similer to the BMW Compact.

on hearing of the sightings, i contacted the German Dealer where the car was seen on trade plates and asked for clarification on this car.

the dealer told me

"i have heard of the possibility of such a car, but cannot confirm it.......sorry"

why would it be a wind up risky? What makes you think this?

Lexus is all about brand image (Premium Car Manufacture) and low volume cars. Hatchbacks are high volume cheap cars for the masses(UK Only Comment) . If they were to introduce a Hatchback version this type a car would not help with their brand image, look at the baby 3 series, a cheap and nasty version of the 3 series. and it's seen as the 'Poor Man or Woman' BMW. You also have to ask yourself why introduce this type of car when you already have cars in this range with 'Toyota' Avensis. They would introduction car that directly competes with one of it's own, not a good idea as Volkswagan are now finding out with Seat and Skoda, the paying public soon wake up to fact they are paying a premium money for VW but can get the same but cheaper with either a Seat or Skoda Badge. The only way it would work for Lexus, if they were to introduce a Hatchback version then it would need to offer something different, ie supercharged or turbo charged engined, very low and a out and out little racer and of course call it a 'Coupe'. One other thing to BIM is look at the 'X' type Jaguar, launched with 3.0 and 2.5 ltr engines 4 wheel drive, production was sold out, then they introduced the 2.0 Version FWD, this one varient killed the 'X' type sales overnite, Jaguar buyers don't want FWD if they did they wouldn't buy a Jaguar. Just and example of a car manufacture changing direction and getting it wrong.

This is only my opinon and I don't doubt for a minute someone will come up with a another good reason why Lexus should introduce a Hatchback version. That's what this forum is all about

Happy New Year. :lol::lol::lol:

Thanks guys, it gonna take awhile to recover after writing it, I'm supposed to be on brain 'shut down' until I return to work next Thursday.

As for the 'Hat' not fitting your right. I've had the pleasure of seeing and being involved in some very good programs only for someone with not enough vision to 'CAN' the program.

• 2 years later...

Would harldy say the 1 Series Bimmer is a cheap mans BMW????? No offence, but at that price, you can buy a nice 3 series or Z3, so dont really think that at all.

Understandable with a Porsche, hence the boxster, due to mass difference in price range there, but not BMW.

Sorry, thats my 2 cents, but im a Bimmer Fan anyhow :blush:

It was said about the "3 series compact"........nasty looking car :sick:

The 1 series BMW is also Nasty :sick: , and the X3 is a waste of metal

For the money, and subtlety, the 325ti compact is an awesome car though, but i do understand what you mean.

Sorry yeah just re-read his post, still don't think there is a cheap mans BMW though. But I agree, the X3, 1 Series, Z8 and Z3 could all be seen as ugly cars, with the Z3 esp. seeing how they made the beefier Z4.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links