Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Traffic Light Cameras

Mojo

Folks,

Last night on my drive home from work I went through a set of traffic lights on amber, which turned to red as I passed through (stradling the line possibly). It was then that I realised that it had a blasted camera on it :unsure:

As far as I remember I wasn't speeding and didn't consciously attempt to beat the lights. I simply thought I was committed to passing through already and carried on.

Does anyone on here have any experience of these things? Anyone know how strict they are?

Cheers

Mojo :(

Have a look at www.speedcamerasuk.com mate (I knew I had it bookmarked somewhere) then under 'Camera Guide' then Traffic Light Camera. You can also see if its listed under locations.

I believe they are supposed to notify you within 14 days, but no doubt legally they can leave it longer. After 30 days you'll be fine.

Ricky,

True and looking at the other new ones, such as Truvelo, they tend to make quite a big deal of pointing out if they don't have a visible flash.

I take it it's very easy to know if it did flash you? I can't remember any flash happening.

Thanks Loz, primarily a CDi issue, but as the E class is a brand new car the technology behind it is truly awesome, Mercedes call it everything they know about Motor vehicles in one car.

The CDi engine is also a gem, I test drove the equivalent Merc petrol engine and it had nowhere near the grunt. You can't tell its a diesel engine from inside even with the foot to the floor and it really does shift (0-60 in 8.4 secs - although I can't use kick-down yet as its not run in)

I'm sorry to say it made the current GS look quite dated.

car1s.JPG

car3s.JPG

(notice the lovely standard HID.... )

I still think the GS is a good looker. Its the looks that keep my hand in my pocket every time I see an LS for sale at good money. I think I would tire of the LS looks before the GS. But I grant you the E class is a damn fine looking motor. even inside they seem very "next generation".

Out of interest, what did it replace or are you just bulking up your driveway?

Ps. spent the hols driving the Rangy, got in the LExus Yesterday, Dare I say, better than s*x!!

Getting back to the subject in hand :P

18 months ago my wife stopped at a traffic light as it when from amber top red here in dodge city (s e london) unfortunately the BT van following didnt........shunted her 10 metres down the road and nearly ran the pedestrian over :o

Consequently she is now a fully fledged amber gambler :o

Dave,

One of our guys at work had this in a works van. The police sent the note to the office with the normal congratulations you are this months winner letter. Seems they didnt notice the big dent on the van in the pic! Even better still the police attended the accident!

Now there efficiency! :)

it was one of these:

peektraffic.jpg

Does anyone know if these things flash? it's not clear from the blurb on http://www.speedcamerasuk.com/ :(

hi!

i'm jens from germany and i'm pretty sure they flash. one window is for the camera, the other one for the flash. the speeding and traffic light cameras over here look the same.

...i'm not sure about this but here i think after the light has become red you have like a second or so until the camera is active.

the reason why they flash twice might be to make sure to catch you...BUT...a second flash and so a second picture can proove, if you really ran the light or if you could make it to stop. if the last occurs, they might not charge you.

another story i heard from a mate ist that if you crossed the line but still came to a safe stop you should put it in reverse to cross the line again. so they'd take another picture and see that you didn't really run a red light.

how? is your IS going faster than 140mph? :D

i heard they even take pictures on your island from behind! that's unfair. so not even motobikes can drive as fast as they would like to any more.

i like seeing messed up cameras downtown. people throw paint bags on them while passing them!

She was fine her car a Daewoo matiiz took the shunt well needing a new bumber and rear boot floor.........twas a BT transit........if you want a laff.......

in april 99 i was hit from the back by a BT van turning right......... :(

in aug 2001 same again........... :(

sept 01 my wifes incident with a BT van......... :(

anyone beat that...............

did well out of whiplash though :o

I read an article recently that said most of the traffic light cameras are only set to catch amber gamblers and are not able to flash you for speeding. However the boys in blue have plans to upgrade all of these cameras to speed cameras too. Shame they haven't got anything better to do like, catching gun toting murderers, or burglars !!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links