Sign in to follow this  
Dave-Ellen

Blaster Virus

Hi

got attacked by the blaster virus.........

any ideas on how to get rid ?

dave

Have a look HERE Dave.

Or HERE

Edited by MacRS200

That's an old one..... got it ages ago, Is your antivirus up todate?

That's an old one..... got it ages ago, Is your antivirus up todate?

i dont have any :blush: that nice man at bt stops it all

story was on tuesday got a message on laptop saying i had too many sessions

said ok etc...............then got another sayong log out & mentioning the virus........

logged out as did Kami switched off then on again but cud not connect................switched router off to reset no effect,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,got bottle of wine.........

revisited y/day and desktop would not connect so disabled wireless and it connected spoke to BT who were as much use as a choclate fireguard

reconnected wireleess switched oif router restarted router switched on laptops..........and it worked

magic or what :duh:

I would recommend some form of anti-virus, what about other inputs other than the net? ie discs , usb keys etc ?

When my PC had the "blaster worm" the dam thing kept re-booting the machine..... so every 3 minutes the pc would restart..... i'm sure the guy who made it thought it was funny...... I was furious though

Also is your "windows" software up to date as i think it was a security issue with microsoft that allowed that virus to gain access in the first place.....

Cworr, the blaster worm is a real old goodun. Hope your machine is okay again, perhaps you caught a variant or a strain of the blaster work?

to stop the machine from restarting in such a situation.... get to a command prompt window and type

"shutdown /a"

this aborts the shutdown.

:D

I would recommend some form of anti-virus, what about other inputs other than the net? ie discs , usb keys etc ?

When my PC had the "blaster worm" the dam thing kept re-booting the machine..... so every 3 minutes the pc would restart..... i'm sure the guy who made it thought it was funny...... I was furious though

Also is your "windows" software up to date as i think it was a security issue with microsoft that allowed that virus to gain access in the first place.....

Got to agree with the above, make sure Windows is fully up to date and install anti-virus.

I use AVG CLICK HERE for a free download.

Will do gents............

personally I think the bt anti virus stuff stopped something getting in just got the name wrong ? machine didnt keep rebooting or anything

Or you could just get a Mac and not worry about viruses ever again.

*shrug*