Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How To Identify A Real Is200 !

KevH

When I enter the number plate into direct line insurance it comes up as an S model :duh:

I reckon the number plates has been copied off another IS200 probably an S model but the car is actually an SE as i can't believe anyone would buy an S model then get a sunroof put in add different seats install a sat nav system etc. Surley you'd just buy the next model up as it'd probably work out cheaper to do that?

lexusinsurance.jpg

the car itself looks like a sport, the dash, steering wheel, tinted rear glass, pedals seats etc it does appear to have a sunroof in one of the pics and it says sunroof in the listing.

so I would easily say it is not an S model. The only way to be 100% sure is from the chassis number, but you would have to see that yourself as he can just give u a chassis number from another vehicle.

Well the latest information in the saga is !! I got an email back from the seller and the car does indeed have an electric tilt and slide sun roof !! And he has provided me with the chassis number .

I will call Lexus Edinburgh in the morning and see what they can tell me.

Its all too iffy for me so Im not going to buy the car ! But Im just curious now !

Thanks

Kev

So what are you going to do if the chassis number comes back as a Sport model?

Will you buy it then seeing as it's just a DVLA error?

Will be interesting to see what it comes back as, if it is an S model then someone has spent a serious amount of wedge getting the thing converted!!!

So what are you going to do if the chassis number comes back as a Sport model?

Will you buy it then seeing as it's just a DVLA error?

Will be interesting to see what it comes back as, if it is an S model then someone has spent a serious amount of wedge getting the thing converted!!!

@ Aido,

It could still be a ringer !

ie.... genuine Reg & documents probably from a crashed S model and you actually buy a stolen Sport model.... :ohmy:

OK more info !

I spoke to Lexus in Edinburgh they couldnt cross reference the chassis number but looked up the registration number and confirmed that it is an S model !

I phoned Lexus in Hull (near where the car is being sold) and they checked both the chassis number and the registration number and had no record of either !

I emailed the seller asking for all the information requested by HPI to activate the HPI guarantee and If I win the auction (im not going to bid any higher!) I can drive down and inspect the documents etc and be covered by HPI !

Watch this space ! :crybaby:

Kev

Yeah , thanks for all the advice guys .

Im going to stay well clear of this one :blink:

Im nipping down to the local cop shop just now and see what they say.

Thanks

Kev

i asked him for the chassis number and that the reg says its an S model but everything on the car shows it is a sport model so wanted to make sure before i bid - guess what no reply!

something is not right stay far away from this and speak to the plod

Just spoken to a CID officer at Fife Police HQ and they are getting in touch with The Hull stolen car squad. They thought it was strange as well .

If it is a ringer then hopefully the police can stop it before some poor ******* gets stung for a lot of money.

Thanks again guys

Kev

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links