Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Car

Gord

Being a Japanese M5 equivalent from stock.

I know what surpra's are capable of achieving.

Here are some stock figures taken from Carfolio mate:

2000 Aristo:

Max. output: (JIS) 279.8 PS (276.0 bhp) (205.8 kW) @5600 rpm

Max. torque: (JIS) 451.0 Nm (333 lbft) (46 kgm) @3600 rpm

Kerb weight: 1680 kg 3704 lb

Power-to-weight: 164.29 bhp/ton / 268.45NM/ton / 198.21lbft/ton

2000 GS430:

Max. output: 281.9 PS (278.0 bhp) (207.3 kW) @5600 rpm

Max. torque: 417.0 Nm (308 lbft) (42.5 kgm) @3500 rpm

Kerb weight: 1745 kg 3847 lb

Power-to-weight: 159.31 bhp/ton / 238.97NM/ton / 176.50lbft/ton

1998-2004 M5:

Max. output: (DIN) 399.5 PS (394.0 bhp) (293.8 kW) @6600 rpm

Max. torque: (DIN) 500.0 Nm (369 lbft) (51 kgm) @3800 rpm

Kerb weight: 1795 kg 3957 lb

Power-to-weight: 219.5 bhp/ton / 278.55NM/ton / 205.57lbft/ton

2000 M3:

Max. output: 342.7 PS (338.0 bhp) (252 kW)@7900 rpm

Max. torque: 365.0 Nm (269 lbft) (37.2 kgm)@4900 rpm

Kerb weight: 1570 kg 3461 lb

Power-to-weight: 215.29 bhp/ton / 232.48NM/ton / 171.34lbft/ton

IS300 (figures from Internetautoguide):

Max output: 215 HP @ 5,800 rpm

Max torque: 296 Nm (218 ft lb) @ 3,800 rpm

Kerb weight: 1476 kg

Power-to-weight: 145.66 bhp/ton / 200.54NM/ton / 147.70lbft/ton

Altezza RS200 Manual:

Max output: (JIS) 212.9 PS (210.0 bhp) (156.6 kW) @7600 rpm

Max torque: (JIS) 216.0 Nm (159 lbft) (22 kgm) @6400 rpm

Kerb weight: 1340 kg 2954 lb

Power-to-weight: 156.72 bhp/ton / 161.19NM/ton / 118.66lbft/ton

I worked out the NM/ton and lbft/ton myself for a comparison..

As you can see, not a lot in the M5 and the Aristo as stock according to the Carfolio stats, in terms of torque, the M5 has less than a 4% increase over the Aristo V300 when power to weight ratio is compared!

You really are getting a lot of car for the money - the M5 will definitely handle sportier as stock, no questions asked, but if someone tries it on in a straight line, they're going to get a shock :D

The figures also show the Aristo V300 as being more powerful than the GS430 pound for pound, and that's also bearing in mind that the bhp figure used is the one used to the Japanese gentleman's agreement that no cars would be quoted as being above 280bhp - the real figure is slightly higher than the 280 mark...

I'll use mine as an example, it's supposedly running around the 350bhp mark, therefore that gives the figure of 208.33bhp/tonne - I need to find out what my torque levels are so I can work out how that would compare - once she's had a new timing belt I'll get a local place to run it on their dyno for me :D

Out of the box I'd say the M5 is a better handling car.

However the best thing about the Vertex is that not many people know what it can do so you dont get unwanted attention from Nova man or Plod :D

I'd also say that the cabin ambience in the Vertex is better

All in all horses for courses IMHO

I'll be making a fool of myself in my Vertex @ Trax hopefully 1/2 a tank of fuel will do the 5 minutes :o

Anyway Gord.....lets have le pics !

Nice One Gord :)

wish I had a TT :(

no need to fret..us GS boyz have one thing the Aristo TT does not have!!! 2 setting memory function for leccy seats! and we get heated seats! who will be smiling on a cold winter's morning, eh!!! :o

and we get heated seats! who will be smiling on a cold winter's morning, eh!!! :o

Envy's TT had heated seats ........... :shifty:

Yeah it's weird that mate, I don't have them on mine and that's the first pic of an Aristo I've seen with them - guessing they were an additional factory option like the rear blind, air purifier etc that could be added on top of the standard or Vertex spec?

Wonder what other options were available?!

:lol:

Very good point Dave :D

Not had one of those for ages, stick to Madras nowadays, can handle that!

Got hold of the Japanese brochure for the Aristo models from the Toyota Imports Forum, just looking to convert to PDF and make available, need to run it by them first to make sure they're happy with that though - if so if any of you want a copy just let me know :)

Hi,

M5 V Aristo

Out of the box i agree the M5 handles better and the Brakes are also better on the M5.

A friend of mine who has the M5 V8 version was bragging to me about how much better his new car is against my car,but like i said to him theres 19k difference in what we both paid for our cars and his has Ten years newer technology in his :D

Chips.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

M5 V Aristo

Out of the box i agree the M5 handles better and the Brakes are also better on the M5.

A friend of mine who has the M5 V8 version was bragging to me about how much better his new car is against my car,but like i said to him theres 19k difference in what we both paid for our cars and his has Ten years newer technology in his :D

Chips.

Well pointed out. Should've pitted his M5 against a Mk.1 LS, which would close the "toys gap" slightly yet is even older and with an even bigger difference in price!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links