Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Applemac Or Standard Win Xp Machine?

2 down - several million to go... :)

Apple has all the pieces in place to make huge market share gains over the next few years.

If anyone has any spare shekels I suggest investing in the US best performing stock over the last 4 and a half years.. AAPL :)

Think I may have actually jumped the gun there slightly :duh:

Firstly, up until now, Mac's had really wheezy processors and its only now they have Intel Dualcores in them that they've become acceptable.

Secondly, they still have no 'media centre' type PC so if I was buying one to go in the living room to use as a media hub, I'd still have to buy a PC like the Sony one discussed earlier.

Thirdly, for the price I bought my 2.8GHz PC, I can only get a 2GHz Mac. And with this level of processing power, I haven't had any trouble with windows XP whatsoever.

Which brings me back to my original question - why buy a Mac if not only for aesthetics?

P.S. Apple's success is mainly down to the iPod - if anyone comes up with a device to knock it off its pedestal, then Apple's in real trouble........ :whistling:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P.S. Apple's success is mainly down to the iPod - if anyone comes up with a device to knock it off its pedestal, then Apple's in real trouble........ :whistling:

Dead right there....and MS are forecast to make big market share gains over the next couple years.

2 down - several million to go... :)

Apple has all the pieces in place to make huge market share gains over the next few years.

If anyone has any spare shekels I suggest investing in the US best performing stock over the last 4 and a half years.. AAPL :)

Think I may have actually jumped the gun there slightly :duh:

Firstly, up until now, Mac's had really wheezy processors and its only now they have Intel Dualcores in them that they've become acceptable.

Secondly, they still have no 'media centre' type PC so if I was buying one to go in the living room to use as a media hub, I'd still have to buy a PC like the Sony one discussed earlier.

Thirdly, for the price I bought my 2.8GHz PC, I can only get a 2GHz Mac. And with this level of processing power, I haven't had any trouble with windows XP whatsoever.

Which brings me back to my original question - why buy a Mac if not only for aesthetics?

I would still put money on a 1,8 Ghz mac processor being faster than an old pc 2.8Ghz processor. On paper, Macs dont look as high spec. I have a new 3.0 Ghz AMD processor in my PC and an old mac getting on for 13 years old and the mac is still faster at opening 3-4 applications up. The new £1,300 pc still lacks punch despite the "High figure" so called processing power of the PC.

Its ignorant of PC users to understand unless they have both. Bottom line, Macs are far superior......no question about it.

Dead right there....and MS are forecast to make big market share gains over the next couple years.

On the same token, because its MS people wont buy the over priced unstable junk. Just when people think iPod/Apple are resting on success, they bring out another world wide cult icon. The iPodwill never be replaced as the markets leader. Id stake money on it. :P

People are quick to say Nintendo are finished......there happy with the small market share they get in gaming, its still more profitable than Microsofts xbox console has been! Same scenario. The PSP was dubbed a Gameboy/DS killer.....i think not!

It's not simply a case of whoever has the better product wins the race.......look at the VHS -vs- BetaMax battle in the 80's...

...the better product lost!

Very true......but as apple have such a huge user base and subscribers on iTunes......owning an apple product is "cool" specially in USA, owning a MS product is just not cool, geeky infact. Maybe im wrong, and correct me in months to come, but i dont see apple being to worried about this new Zune.....

It's not simply a case of whoever has the better product wins the race.......look at the VHS -vs- BetaMax battle in the 80's...

Although in this case (up until now anyway) it wasn't the better product. Before Windows XP, there was a strong argument, as it was so much more stable. But since XP came along, the gap closed up much more. In fact, I think it swung in MSs favour as the Mac processors were rubbish. Its only now they have intel chips that they're acceptable (and they didn't half take their time about it).

Its ignorant of PC users to understand unless they have both. Bottom line, Macs are far superior......no question about it.

I have tried both, and I can't actually see any difference. The only reason I want one, is as you said, they're much cooler. They look awesome, more like a feature to a room than a necessity.

Friends have showed me how they can open several applications at the same time and it doesn't bother a Mac - firstly, who cares? and secondly, you can quite comfortably do that on an XP PC as well if its powerful enough.

It is really unfair to compare the Mac to an AMD processor, because they're not very good - a 3.0GHz AMD can't cope even against a much less powerful Intel so no point even trying. And anyway the 2.8GHz I was talking about in my PC is a dual core processor which has totally cured the problem of trying to do more than one thing at once.

Very true......but as Apple have such a huge user base and subscribers on iTunes......owning an Apple product is "cool" specially in USA, owning a MS product is just not cool, geeky infact. Maybe im wrong, and correct me in months to come, but i dont see Apple being to worried about this new Zune.....

And yes while apple is very cool in the US at the mo, they've already annoyed some people with the awful build of the Nano - plus fashion trends usually die away so they really have to do something new if they're to stay ahead. Already the Archos devices are far superior to the iPod, its problem is image, so all that's required is for someone to come along and package that device in a new and funky way, and the iPods days will be numbered.......

Although in this case (up until now anyway) it wasn't the better product. Before Windows XP, there was a strong argument, as it was so much more stable. But since XP came along, the gap closed up much more. In fact, I think it swung in MSs favour as the Mac processors were rubbish. Its only now they have intel chips that they're acceptable (and they didn't half take their time about it).

I have tried both, and I can't actually see any difference. The only reason I want one, is as you said, they're much cooler. They look awesome, more like a feature to a room than a necessity.

Friends have showed me how they can open several applications at the same time and it doesn't bother a Mac - firstly, who cares? and secondly, you can quite comfortably do that on an XP PC as well if its powerful enough.

It is really unfair to compare the Mac to an AMD processor, because they're not very good - a 3.0GHz AMD can't cope even against a much less powerful Intel so no point even trying. And anyway the 2.8GHz I was talking about in my PC is a dual core processor which has totally cured the problem of trying to do more than one thing at once.

Very true......but as Apple have such a huge user base and subscribers on iTunes......owning an Apple product is "cool" specially in USA, owning a MS product is just not cool, geeky infact. Maybe im wrong, and correct me in months to come, but i dont see Apple being to worried about this new Zune.....

And yes while apple is very cool in the US at the mo, they've already annoyed some people with the awful build of the Nano - plus fashion trends usually die away so they really have to do something new if they're to stay ahead. Already the Archos devices are far superior to the iPod, its problem is image, so all that's required is for someone to come along and package that device in a new and funky way, and the iPods days will be numbered.......

Its not that unfair to compare a AMD to a Mac processor. Mine only a G5 and only 2.0Ghz. My PC is 2.8Ghz......

My older mac which uses a Motorola chip is still more reliable. The new Intel processors are designed for Macs. Looking nice is only half of the mac story. Why should an electrical product look ugly?

If you look at most Samsung products....they are very easy on the eye and function fantastically.

You ask why would someone be bothered about opening lots of applications? Simple id have thought, your reading your mail, you decide to open a Word document to draft, suddenly you remember you need to order something from the net so you do. Whilst this is going on, your encoding some video, uploading some photos....the list is endless, and it works......like a glove! No loud noises from the Hard drive, no, Error reports.....etc

A PC simply cant handle this. As high spec as you can reasonably buy just wont be stable doing lots of stuff.

My older mac which uses a Motorola chip is still more reliable. The new Intel processors are designed for Macs. Looking nice is only half of the mac story. Why should an electrical product look ugly?

If you look at most Samsung products....they are very easy on the eye and function fantastically.

You ask why would someone be bothered about opening lots of applications? Simple id have thought, your reading your mail, you decide to open a Word document to draft, suddenly you remember you need to order something from the net so you do. Whilst this is going on, your encoding some video, uploading some photos....the list is endless, and it works......like a glove! No loud noises from the Hard drive, no, Error reports.....etc

A PC simply cant handle this. As high spec as you can reasonably buy just wont be stable doing lots of stuff.

Totally agree with you on the design point, a lot of my purchases are based on design as well - I have a Samsung LCD in fact and it looks brilliant :)

Although I think you're underestimating what PCs can do nowadays. While it may be true that Apple's have been able to do this for longer, my PC is regularly recording some TV program, downloading something off the net, I'll be doing some work on word, have several explorer windows open and playing music in the background - and it will not struggle at all :winky:

I know Apple's have been able to do this comfortably for ages, but PCs have really caught up :P

This should make up your mind jamboo!

Three apple engineers and three Microsoft employees are traveling by train to a conference. At the station, the three Microsoft employees each buy tickets and watch as the three apple engineers buy only a single ticket.

"How are three people going to travel on only one ticket?' asks a Microsoft employee. "Watch and you'll see," answers the apple engineer.

They all board the train. The Microsoft employees take their respective seats but all three apple engineers cram into a restroom and close the door behind them.

Shortly after the train has departed, the conductor comes around collecting tickets. He knocks on the restroom door and says, "ticket, please." The door opens just a crack and a single arm emerges with a ticket in hand. The conductor takes it and moves on.

The Microsoft employees saw this and agreed it was quite a clever idea.

So after the conference, the Microsoft employees decide to copy the apple engineers on the return trip and save some money (being clever with money, and all that). When they get to the station, they buy a single ticket for the return trip. To their astonishment, the apple engineers don't buy a ticket at all.

"How are you going to travel without a ticket says one perplexed Microsoft employee.

"Watch and you'll see," answers an apple engineer.

When they board the train the three Microsoft employees cram into a restroom and the three apple engineers cram into another one nearby. The train departs. Shortly afterward, one of the apple engineers leaves his restroom and walks over to the restroom where the Microsoft employees are hiding.

He knocks on the door and says, "Ticket, please..."

:lol::lol: :P :tomato:

@ Parthiban

You are completely wrong about the previous line of Mac processors.

You are completely wrong about Windows XP having caught up with Mac OS X.

You are not clear on your understanding of processor speed vs real world performance

Apple's success is down to the iPod? hehehe I wasn't aware the iPod has been out for 20 years!

PC's have not "caught up" in the slightest.

Where to start?

There is too much to cover here so I will surmise.

Publicly available information shows the PowerPC processors kick ***** and did a good job of whipping the Pentiums *****. The primary reason apple switched to Intel was the improved heat efficiency of the Core Duo chips. The Pentium Intel chips were/are rubbish and way inferior to the PowerPC and therefore apple didn't use them. It is only the Core Duo (and now the current Core 2 Duo) chips and subsequent Intel roadmap that made apple stand up and take notice. As always Steve Jobs wanted the best for his machines and hence the swap. The PowerPC chips stiil outperform Intel chips at the same clcokspeed but are not so heat effecient - which for laptops is critical.

Sorry but a 2GHz Mac would destroy your 2.8GHz Pentium without breajking into a sweat. PowerPC chips are RISC chips and can produce many more instructions per clcok-cycle due to short pipelines and wider bandwidth. Imagine a fatter shorter hosepipe as opposed to a long thin one like a Pentium. More throughput.

Mac OS Tiger has been out for 2 years and has pretty much all the features of Vista. M$ have had to REMOVE some features from Vista that Tiger has today in order to release Vista before 2087!

At a similar time to Vista's release apple will release Leopard that will push the Mac OS even further ahead leavng M$ in a catchup position again.

You could only understand this if you sat with an expert Mac user and were shown what the OS is capable of. Compare XP head to head with Tiger and it is a no brainer. You may THINK XP does all you want to do etc etc and it may ADEQUATELY do the job....but that is only because you are not familiar with Mac OS X Tiger....

Your beloved XP is a security playground - it is riddled with holes and a partyhouse for viruses spyware and adware. NONE of this exists on Mac OS X.

PLEASE before some numpty posts a link to "proof" of a Mac OS X virus, have a good look at the source! Companies that flog virus checkers woul LOBVE you to believe there are Mac OS X viruses - fact is only proof of concept ones have been made in certain labs and NONE have infected a Mac in the wild.

Yes the iPod has woken up the PC-buying public to apple. That doesn't mean the rest of us were asleep! apple is an extremely rich company and has been for years. Yes of corse the iPod has given the company exposure but to say its success is down to the iPod is hysterical!

One other little detail...and the most important.

MACS RUN WINDOWS TOO - AT NATIVE SPEED.

SO if you want to run ghastly bugridden software you can! It's your choice. But you CANNOT run Mac OS X and all its associated software on PCs. (Again please no one bother posting proof of the 3 students who managed to rip a a developer version of OS X and get it kind of half running on a few PCs - that DOESN'T count! *rolls eyes*)

You may be able to tell I have had this debate before!

Fact is branded PCs cannot compete on versatility stability performance or price. (try and spec up a branded PC equivalent to the Mac Pro and you will see)

There is NO arena where the PC beats the Mac. Really. I don't know much about cars but I know this to be a fact!

ANYone readnig this thread should be buying a Mac as their next computer. ANYone apart from those who prefer to build their own as yes you CAN spec up a machine cheaper - however it will ONLY run Windows *gasp*

And the thing is it is SO easy to prove this to be the case as everything I have said is in the public domain - it's just that for some reason people just don't research!!! They clling to what they hear from their mates and urban myth and don't actually investigate! Strange...

Ever wondered why Mac users tend to love their machines and PC users just have a computer?

There is a reason... B)

/rant

Nice reply, you clearly know your stuff so I'm not going to argue with that :)

Just one question though, I know the the 2GHz core2duo processor will be faster than the 2.8GHz dual core in my PC (which is quite old now), but the core2duo in Macs is the same as the core2duo in new PCs isn't it?

It was real world performance that I was talking about when I said that I never really noticed a big difference between them when using it as a normal computer, plus as I said before Macs don't have anything to compete against media centre - so as Microsoft are now moving towards machines designed for the living room, apple are being left behind yet again :whistling:

However, the reason I have looked at Apple's in the past because I love the way they look and the OS is so smooth and slick so if they can now run both OSs at full speed, then it definitely moves further up my list, as the software barrier is now broken.

The only thing you are completely wrong about is Apple's success - it is categorically down to the iPod. Until it came along, they were in serious financial trouble, and if it dies, they will be again.

A sign of their cost cutting exercises is the taking on of Intel processors. Do you really think that if their processors were as superior as you say they are, and they were as financially solid as you say they are, that they couldn't build a better processor than the core2duo or the Xeon?

I'm not going to argue whether the Intel's were or are better than the apple processors, but from a pure financial perspective, its much cheaper for apple to buy them in, which shows that they aren't stupid and are planning for the future should the iPod lose its market share.

*deep breaths* heheh

Yes the processors apple use are the same as those in PCs now. The Core 2 Duo are one and the same in both platforms.

Yes I suspect just the GUI would feel fairly similar on either OS as far as speed is concerened on most processors - the difference would be seen when some intensive tasks such as rendering or CD riping or movie making were involved - or several tasks at once - THIS is where the weaknesses of XP start to show up against OS X and the speedd of the Core Duo would shine through.

Media Centre? you mean like this...?

http://www.apple.com/macmini/frontrow.html

*rollseyes* ;)

Nest Tuesday will see the openining of the Tunes Video Store which will be global tech news.. you will hear about it VERY soon including a way to stream the downloaded video to any screen....

Methinks perhaps you should check apple financials. The only time they have been in trouble was when Steve Jobs left. When he retured and the iMac was released it has been onwards and upwards ever since.

People have been saying apple is going to die for 20 years. It is one of the only computer manufacturers making money - and also long before the iPod was a twinkle in Steve Job's eyes! They have well over 10 billion cash iin the bank and NO debts. In recent months their market value has overtaken Dell on a few occasions!

The iPod is a secondary business for apple. The Mac is the primary business and if it took the iPod to wake you lot up then so much the better! You will see the fruits of this in the coming 3-4 years where there will be a huge shift in thinking. Think I am mad? Quote me at that time! :)

IBM and Motorola make the PowerPC processors and apple always bought them in, however the heat issue and delivery schedules annoyed apple and hence one main reason for th switch to Intel. This and the future Intel roadmap. Intel are out ahead and AMD are all of a sudden left in the dust.

ANYway if it helps you buy a Mac let's petend the iPod saved apple - whatever - JUST GO AND BUY ONE then you will see us Mac users are not all insane! :)

Fair play, seems they're almost there with the media centre, just need to add in TV tuners and PVR functionality and they'll have that covered :winky:

I've never actually said PCs are better than Macs, I've just never seen a big enough difference to warrant the "Macs are far superior machines to PCs argument" :unsure:

I don't actually know about Apple's current financial position, but I find it hard to believe that they have $10bn as cash in the bank as that makes pretty poor business sense :blink:

One thing I will absolutely not accept though, is that the iPod isn't the reason for Apple's revival - because it so is! :D

2004 Revenue

*edit* Another thing I thought I'd add, from Apple's own annual report: (change from FY2004 - FY2005)

Increase in number of Mac units sold: 38%

Increase in number of iPod units sold: 409%

I rest my case :D

Every time I use XP I find something else to hate about it. Last night it was file and print sharing (brand new XP laptop will not share with old XP PC upstairs at my mate's house), earlier that day it was general un-responsiveness which resulted in a four-second press of the power button to force a reboot. In work I also find file sharing with XP a complete non-starter (XP can access a 2000 PC, but nothing can access an XP PC). I'm amazed XP is on the shelves at all, as far as I'm concerned it's still not fit for release.

When I bought my CCTV PC (a Dell Dimension 5100) XP survived as far as the EULA that appears first time you boot it. XP off, 2000 on, works perfectly, shares files happily with my laptop and other PC, no problem whatsoever. As far as I'm concerned if software requires XP, I don't require that software and will look elsewhere.

For me it'd be a close call between a PC running Windows 2000 and a Mac, but given the choice between an XP PC and a Mac, I'd go for the Mac every time.

This should make up your mind jamboo!

Three Apple engineers and three Microsoft employees are traveling by train to a conference. At the station, the three Microsoft employees each buy tickets and watch as the three Apple engineers buy only a single ticket.

"How are three people going to travel on only one ticket?' asks a Microsoft employee. "Watch and you'll see," answers the Apple engineer.

They all board the train. The Microsoft employees take their respective seats but all three Apple engineers cram into a restroom and close the door behind them.

Shortly after the train has departed, the conductor comes around collecting tickets. He knocks on the restroom door and says, "ticket, please." The door opens just a crack and a single arm emerges with a ticket in hand. The conductor takes it and moves on.

The Microsoft employees saw this and agreed it was quite a clever idea.

So after the conference, the Microsoft employees decide to copy the Apple engineers on the return trip and save some money (being clever with money, and all that). When they get to the station, they buy a single ticket for the return trip. To their astonishment, the Apple engineers don't buy a ticket at all.

"How are you going to travel without a ticket says one perplexed Microsoft employee.

"Watch and you'll see," answers an Apple engineer.

When they board the train the three Microsoft employees cram into a restroom and the three Apple engineers cram into another one nearby. The train departs. Shortly afterward, one of the Apple engineers leaves his restroom and walks over to the restroom where the Microsoft employees are hiding.

He knocks on the door and says, "Ticket, please..."

:lol::lol: :P :tomato:

Wicked - apple it is then...

apple a day keeps the doctor away....

@Parthiban

So a computer that can run an OS far in advance of Windows - more stable, secure, intuitive, coherent and virus free AND looks sexier, AS WELL as running Windows (even at the same time should you so wish) ALL wrapped up in a pretty box doesn't make Macs far superior to PCs? :blink:

Why do you drive a Lexus and not a Vauxhall......?

Yes iPods are selling. So are Macs. Your point?

Macs are a likkle bit more expensive than iPods....

50% of Apples revenue is from Macs.

EVERYTHING apple is makng is selling in buckets!

The point is that only a month or so ago was Apple's complete product line switched to Intel and only very soon will the global ad campaign start. People who only know about iPods are soon gonna know about what Macs can do - you just watch the sales and shareprice over the next 2 years...

The iPod will just help catapault the Mac into the powerful position it has deserved for years and destroy the urban myths that CERTAIN people perpetuate! ;)

YES the iPod awakened the great unwashed PC using public to Macs - the rest of us have been making apple profitable for YEARS before the iPod existed.

Yes 10 billion in the bank - I have a few suspicions what they are going to do with this but that discussion is for another day!

@eXOBeX

If you want to run Windows 2000 FAST - I suggest you run it on Mac hardware. Seriously.

I know it takes a complete change in thinking - but the facts are out there guys.

THERE IS NO LONGER ANY LOGICAL REASON TO BUY BRANDED PC HARDWARE.

Write it out 100 times!! ;)

Fair play, seems they're almost there with the media centre, just need to add in TV tuners and PVR functionality and they'll have that covered :winky:

You can buy a TV tuner for the mac and use it as a PVR, I have one... but no front row as I'm still on a G4 machine...

I'm no expert on Apples financials but I believe their profits and share price started rising when steve jobs retured they were making money before the iPod arrived but they are making more now...

If anyone is considering an apple machine try it out for yourself and you will see what every one is taking about. I thought they were crap until I tried one 18 months ago and I wouldn't even consider a PC now.

I work with Kaz and I just had to reply. windows and XP is my pet hate. I was in a similar situation, I need a new comp but fancied the look of the mac. I spent a very long time debating on what to do. nobody i spoke to said they were rubish but advised that I would struggle with limited software and other compatability isues like things not coming with mac software only XP Even my brother whome used to be a computer programmer on a mac about 15years ago said I sould be warery. So I went to Nottingham's apple store in the broadmarsh shopping center (KCRS, I cant compliment them enough on there service) I had a long list of rumours I had heard, In about 10mins he had done all of them on a Mac out of the box WITH NO OTHER DOWNLOADED APPS! pics off a random camera, On the internet, writing a document that was saved in M$ word format so that a pc could view it. copy a cd played music all without a single blue screen! after that I bit the bullet and brought one I walked out the shop and took it home. Kaz got one a short time after, he even canceled the order for his PC and even my brother has got one. You can't explain why a Mac is better untill you have experienced one for yourself. Im no comp wiz but I could get A PC quickly to do a GOSLOW and my Mac I cant. Ive not found anything that I cant run on my Mac either, Software is out there its just called different things.

Its like the post about the BMW vs Lexus. Nobody bats an eyelid at a BMW but they stop to look at the lexus. people come to my house and ask what that 'TV' thing is, they say it looks cool and cant believe there's no big box and no wires (mine is all wireless and only has 1 power cable).

IT JUST WORKS, thats all I say to people when they ask me about the mac.

Yes on paper PC's look good (technicaly PC's are good its just Windows) it's windows. It's written ontop of a program onotop of another and ontop of another and then ontop of another then its ontop of MS DOS its like passing apiece of paper round the office passing through 5 peoples hands when Mac's just email the person in the office you want, no command chain, thats why there are less, actualy, no problems at all.

I've never used Linux so cannot fully comment but anything has to better than Windows, Im sure It works well. Ive only heard good thing about it.

Bill gates Used to work for apple writing 'Word' and 'Excell' for them thats why you used to get them first on Mac's. The only thing that goes wrong on my Mac is 'Word', 'Excell' and 'Virtual PC', all M$ products even then there still less problamatic than any PC that solely runs XP.

We drive Lexus'. why? I feel, and Im sure some will agree that the brand size is less than BMW or MERC?! but we weren't blinded by other people. We obviously like good quality and because for the same price you get more refinements we choose to have a Lexus. I wont go to a european car again. Jap cars like Mac's and duracell bunny's just go on and on and on with no let up have more refinements and spec for spec wise are the same price or cheaper.

As for the Ipod, It most definatly has boosted the brands awareness but is not the only reason it is "hanging on there" I used Macs at school (7 years ago) and when I started work I could never work out why I started to dislike computers, I was using Windows. Infact the mac is my first home computer I have brought! I was tired of comps always being out of date and people spending money just to find there investment was worthless just a year later. Now I have a mac and realise how everything makes sense, I love the macs of old because they work just like they do now. I love going home and using my Mac. I dont lose tones of cash because Old G4's (previous model from about 3years ago) still sell at £500! Windows machines are like scrap cars, you pay someone to take it away or leave it to rust in the garage.

Ive never met a Mac user that has looked back (or a lexus one for that matter)

ONCE YOU'VE HAD MAC YOU'LL NEVER GO BACK

thanks for the rant. :shutit:

Craig

heheh great post Craig.

Funny thing is the situation you describe happens to ANYone who has the guts to look around a bit and not follow the crowd.

There is a particular facial expression I have seen many times adorn a PC users face at the very moment when he "gets it" during a Mac demo - it's priceless.

All in one look it says "OMG all the stuff I have been doing for all these years on my PC has been for nothing! I was blind and now I can see! Thank you for saving me! Why the HELL didn't I get one of these YEARS ago?! DAMN why the HELL have I been putting up with this ***** for so LONG!?? arrgghh!? Where can I buy one? NOW!!!!"

If only I could bottle that expression.

oh look Ive just had to shut down my works XP because it crashed!!!! how apt whan I was slagging it off! all i was doing is replying while looking at E-bay!!!!! Yeah XP, it's fantastic????????

Oh and please dont go on about how good VISTA is going to be, have a look at this and it will explain all.

(please not the picture is taken from a apple OS X tiger machine with the VISTA promo preview soundtrack)

Craig

Yep everyone knows that Vista is a complete rip-off of apple OS X, but again, if it works, why are people going to leave windows machines?

I really don't get everyone complaining about XP though, both my home PC and work comp are XP, and neither ever crash or have any problems - what do you guys do to your PCs? :blink: :P

Seriously though, if Macs had been at the price level they are now, and not the ridiculous one they were at a year ago, I would've given much more consideration to an iMac when I bought my PC - it is exactly like the Lexus vs BMW argument, except that Lexus's are better and cheaper :winky:

And one other thing, I had this discussion with a friend a while back, and he wanted to show me how you can't make an apple crash - and guess what, IT CRASHED! :lol:

And one other thing, I had this discussion with a friend a while back, and he wanted to show me how you can't make an Apple crash - and guess what, IT CRASHED! :lol:

How, wow I would love to see that!

not alot with the pc as I said, works just froze when i had 2windows open!

lets cut to the chase whats gaming performance and availability like on macs this is the only way you will convince me

Yep everyone knows that Vista is a complete rip-off of Apple OS X, but again, if it works, why are people going to leave windows machines?

Thats like saying, well, a ford does the same thing as a Aston Martin....

And one other thing, I had this discussion with a friend a while back, and he wanted to show me how you can't make an Apple crash - and guess what, IT CRASHED! :lol:

How, wow I would love to see that!

not alot with the pc as I said, works just froze when i had 2windows open!

lets cut to the chase whats gaming performance and availability like on macs this is the only way you will convince me

Mac Pro.....then its however much ur wallet can handle......

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links