Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Replacement H/l Bulbs ?

KMC1

I'm wanting to change the standard bulbs on the front of my is200, but I just can't decide what

to change them with...I notice some of use Osram and some use phillips ...any help... experience...do's don'ts ??

Waiting to be brighter //K

I've got the philips blue vision bulbs - they give a whiter light but aren't any brighter. They were about 12 quid each from www.powerbulbs.com. I think all club members get a 10% discount but probably best to phone to get it - I ordered online and they charged me the full wack. They did throw in some free philips blue side-light bulbs though.

I've got the philips blue vision bulbs - they give a whiter light but aren't any brighter. They were about 12 quid each from www.powerbulbs.com. I think all club members get a 10% discount but probably best to phone to get it - I ordered online and they charged me the full wack. They did throw in some free philips blue side-light bulbs though.

Yep - I've got these too.... had them in my Pug too. I like them - and they last ages too :)

I have just put them into mine (2 weeks ago), they are good and not that expensive, i have noticed a good clear quality light in them compared to the originals...

End of the day it's how much your willing to pay... these are worth the money!! :) :)

Well I decided I spent so much on bulbs, PIAA extreme's (which are excellent) etc I decided to go the hole hog and get a true HID conversion kit. Admittedly it cost around £350 but to me it's worth every penny (and can always be removed and put on another vehicle with the same bulb type). DIY fitting is simple and took me around half an hour for both sides.

Have a look here http://www.autolamps-online.com/gasdischar...ge/totalkit.htm

The service and product is excellent.

Well I decided I spent so much on bulbs, PIAA extreme's (which are excellent) etc I decided to go the hole hog and get a true HID conversion kit. Admittedly it cost around £350 but to me it's worth every penny (and can always be removed and put on another vehicle with the same bulb type). DIY fitting is simple and took me around half an hour for both sides.

Have a look here http://www.autolamps-online.com/gasdischar...ge/totalkit.htm

The service and product is excellent.

They look good value for money - but state "for off road use only" and they are not DOT compliant.... :huh:

Does this mean they will not pass an MOT? :unsure:

It is my understanding that they would not pass an MOT but if I have the car when it's due I will just silp the original bulbs back in for the test (only a couple of mins).

I like to think I'm reasonably considerate to other road users as I know how bright this type of lamp can be when it's coming towards you. I generally use the height adjustment on 1 or 1.5 unless there isn't much traffic around, but am VERY aware of altering the setting if I have a load of any sort on board!

hi i have a lexus is200, i new to this forum so pls go easy on me hehe

bulbs i just converted my h/l to hid but i had the proper kit from trd, they have proper harness and module and the fitting kit aswell so it all looks standard and it road legal too...

any q's mail me on prpracing285@surfanytime.co.uk

Left to go:- The final push to get it over 200 bhp, so a bit of gas and a full header included exhaust and decat (all 3 of em). And finish off the glass boot install. bar that all done. oh and am debating as to whether to invest in a set of 22" zennetti allys!!!! caliper clearance probs with that tho!!

Theres this quy that one of my mate knows, he's just put 21" deep dish (3 piece wheel) on his B**(can't write the make, LOC Legal reasons :excl::excl: ) they were big, got them delivered from the states, only problem is that when if he has any problem with em, i.e puncture then he has to get them sorted from the states again......

But your car is phat, well cool mate... like to see some other pictures of it... :hehe::hehe:

Left to go:-   The final push to get it over 200 bhp, so a bit of gas and a full header included exhaust and decat (all 3 of em).  ......

Hi, swz-lexus

Hey NICE MOTOR!!

We'd be very interested to know where you're gonna get your "full header and exhaust" from.

Many members here showed a great deal of interest in a new header.

BTW if you're looking for an easy way to get over 200bhp, why not stick a TTE supercharger in it!!

See here

we will be making all the pipes + header, have a very good friend who manufactures FIA spec stuff for the racing world, so this by comparison "should" be easy!! And, superchargin...............prefer a little gas myself. More fun!!!! The car drives lovely as it sits, it would just be nice to kick a lil ***** when required!!!

Matthew Mcnally, why we walking over your grave bruv??? (sorry :blush: )

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links