Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

This is my first post so please be gentle. I have a 2001 GS300 Navigator and it is due the big 60,000 mile service. I must be brave as I'm going to have it done by Lexus Woodford. One thing I want to use is this Castrol Edge 0-30 oil with this service. I know it's expensive but I want the best for my prode and joy. Will Lexus let me supply my own oil for this service or will there be a chance that I hand over 2 cans of the stuff, find someones gone home with it and run the risk of having the normall stuff put in?

Also want to say I'm a Gold member and am really impressed by all the usefull info on this site. Also more impressed by the car. This is the first Lexus I've owned and will certainly have another.

This is my first post so please be gentle. I have a 2001 GS300 Navigator and it is due the big 60,000 mile service. I must be brave as I'm going to have it done by Lexus Woodford. One thing I want to use is this Castrol Edge 0-30 oil with this service. I know it's expensive but I want the best for my prode and joy. Will Lexus let me supply my own oil for this service or will there be a chance that I hand over 2 cans of the stuff, find someones gone home with it and run the risk of having the normall stuff put in?

Also want to say I'm a Gold member and am really impressed by all the usefull info on this site. Also more impressed by the car. This is the first Lexus I've owned and will certainly have another.

All you can do is ask them, or better still tell them your having the oil analysed. They'd be stupid if they didn't use it then if they agreed to .

yes Lexus will let you use your own oil

question is why ?

toyota and lexus are fairly competant in building cars

i guess they would also know what oil is best

most expensive isnt allways best :)

any garage will let you use your own oil but any exccesive wear on components or engine failure could be a fault of wrong oil-- that wasn't specific to the car thats why they recommend to use there own oil

FYI My dealer in Croydon lets me supply my own engine oil.

Also, when I rang around most of the South East dealers for quotes, non of them said "no, you can't supply your own engine oil".

hth.

D.

Cool,

I didn't knwo that.

I have to pay for the upkeep of my car myself, but the company will pay for oil and fuel as part of the allstar fuel card.

I may buy the oil with the card, and get lexus to do it on my service.

Brilliant :)

Cool,

I didn't knwo that.

I have to pay for the upkeep of my car myself, but the company will pay for oil and fuel as part of the allstar fuel card.

I may buy the oil with the card, and get lexus to do it on my service.

Brilliant :)

Hi I am on my second Lexus and my advice to you is to save your money by wasting it on different oil than that recommended by a Lexus dealer who will use the manufacturers spec. Lexus engines are phenomenal and extremely robust. My first Lexus a Mk1 GS300 was serviced religiously by Lexus Hanley on time. I sold it to a friend (really regret selling it now) and he still has it running like new with 250,000 miles on the clock.I have the same car as you and all I do is take it in for service (still at Lexus Hanley) and drive it, that is what a Lexus is about as you will find out with time.

Hi People

Many thanks for the responses as regards to supplying my own engine oil for a service. Having spoke directly to someone in the service department they told me to supply semi synthetic oil. Castrol Edge 0-30 is fully synthetic so it must be better for it in the long run.

Also as this is the 60,000 or 6 year service, they also informed me that the cam belt needs changing. I was under the impression that it was every 10 years or 100,000 miles but they said they have lowerd it. This has put my bill with discount and supplying my own oil to nearly £900. Still, I do get to play with the RX400h for a day.

Thanks again for all the advice and for the discount or this would have really been expensive.

This has put my bill with discount and supplying my own oil to nearly £900.

OUCH! That's a lot of dough! :duh:

P.S Synthetic is so thin that it can find gaps and leaks in the system that ordinary or semi-synthetic cannot!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links