Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Something Unheard Of Happened Yesterday.

My Car broke down!!!!!!!!!!

Do Toyotas break?

Nothing serious. Just condensation in the Dizzy cap. I moved it from in front of the garage and left it running for about 30 seconds and then approx 1 hour later, I decided to take it out for a drive for the first time in about 5 weeks. hey ho, it coughed and trumped and ground to a halt at the end of the road. How embarrassing. It did restart but backfired which made me think of damp. I left it there for a few hours and did other things. I returned with my WD40 and screwdriver, pulled the cap and it was soaking inside. Wiped it clean and it burst into life so now its back to normal.

The cause? well, before I stopped using it, I steam cleaned all under the bonnet and applied a new coating of waxoyl to all the electrical connectors. I ran the engine for a few minutes to check it was ok and then left it for all that time. I have had this happen quite a few times after cleaning an engine so if it happens to you, then don't panic.

The car will probably sit there for another month now.

At least it was an easy and quick fix, bit embrassing though.

Wonder how mine will get on then, not been started since the middle of August, still gets it's weekly wash and wax though.

May start mine over the weekend and go for a drive.

Thanks for the info

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links