Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi fellas

ok is this normal? ive got loads of stuff to tell me how to test my diagnostics on my MK11 93 ls400 all thanks to the LOC but when i tried it the symbol on the dash just kept flashing and flashing with no distinguished short and long pause

can any one suggest anything?

thanks again

mat

Hi roy i havent got my notes with me but i turned my ignition on and then connected up the two connectors with a piece of cable then the symbol in orange kept flashing on the dash and just kept flashing and that was it really!!!

any ideas?

mat

hi steve thanks for the parts web address that will come in handy

thank you mat

There are a couple of pages of codes.

Basic conditions of check.

Battery 11volts or more

Throttle closed[throttle position sensor points closed]

Trans in neutral

air con off

Test

There is a test mode[ignition off] to prove the light flashes, this can also be used to diagnose, but checks other items and might confuse.

connect teminals between TE1 and E1 of TDCL or connector.

When the engine is not cranked codes 43[ starter signal] and 17 and 18 [No 1 and No2 cam position signal are output but this is not a fault

If the trans is in D/2/L or R or when the air con is on or the accelerator pressed code 51 is output but this is not a fault.

Continuous steady flashing is 'normal' when no other codes are identified

You can clear the codes by removing the EFI fuse from j/box No 2 for 10 seconds with the ignition off.

After this, retest for a 'normal ' code

Hope this is some use!! :blink:

• 3 months later...

Hi Royt,

i have some questions from your instructions above:

1- so Tranny must be in N (neutral) and not P (park)?

2- the number of check engine light flash on and off will determine the erro code? say if the light flashes 17 times meaning error code 17?

thanks

Does not mention N or P so assume either OK.

There should be a steady continuous flash if no codes are identified

The codes are a number of pauses and flashes.... ie flash flash pause, flash flash pause, etc would be code 22 water temp sensor signal.

A thing to note is that the test mode will not start if terminals TE2 and E1 are connected AFTER the ignition is switched on.

Hope this is some use..... :duh:

do you know if there is any way of seeing if there any codes on the auto box as my box has just gone again

but this time i can go backwards no prob but will not go forwardi have checked every thing but before i ring the people who i got the box from and say its broke i just want to make sure its not anything to do with the ecu

matt

do you know if there is any way of seeing if there any codes on the auto box as my box has just gone again

but this time i can go backwards no prob but will not go forwardi have checked every thing but before i ring the people who i got the box from and say its broke i just want to make sure its not anything to do with the ecu

matt

Apparently the diagnostic codes only cover electrical box faults not mechanical problems.

To self test put ignition on ( do not start engine), over drive on ( light is out),connect TE1 and E1 terminals together on the diagnostics port ( to right and under steering column)

Normal should give 2 flashes on 2 flashes off on the overdrive light.

If not let me know the code displayed.

If no code shows do the manual shifting test by disconnecting the shift solenoid loom at the rear of the gearbox (Ignition off) and drive the car starting in L shift to 2 then 3.

If the car changes up/down thru the gears manually this is probably good news from a mechanical point of view.

Let me know what happens.

Cheers,

Steve

you can check for codes on the transmission,

turn the ignition on but dont start the engine press in the overdrive button so the light goes off on your dash -

install jumper wire in to terminals TE1 and E1 then watch the overdrive light flash the codes.

codes are

42 = speed sensor circuit,

46 = No 4 solenoid sensor circuit,

61 = No 2 speed sensor circuit,

62 = No 1 solenoid sensor circuit,

63 = No 2 solenoid sensor circuit,

64 = N0 3 solenoid sensor circuit,

67 = OD direct clutch speed sensor circuit,

68 = kickdown switch circuit..

to clear the codes turn the ignition off remove ECT ECU fuse for 10 seconds ( switch ignition on ensure overdrive light is off indicates system is normal ).

fuse for ECT ECU is in junction box 2 left front corner engine compartment

i am useing the right fuild but its strange as when it did it i backed it up to my mates drive and put it in drive and floored it and it did pick up for a about a sec but then nothing i will have to ring the bloke and get a new box

thanks

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links