Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

More Help Need Quick

Ellz

OK bad news started car and pressure gauge working temp gauges lights up but turned off engine before if got to hot.

Then looked under car a Oil ****** everywhere looks like it was coming from the sandwich plate ??

do u think this is due to the small filter ????

Did you use a gasket when you fitted the sandwich plate and filter? Sounds like something isn't sealed properly.....

There is a rubber seal it might has slipped out of the grooves slightly, ho hum gotta wait till tomro and there some light

which side of the sandwich plate ?

make sure plate and filter are tight :whistling:

make sure the engine to plate rubber seal meets up with the mating surface on the engine

again with the filter, make sure the seal is the correct diameter

make sure your senders are screwed in nice and tight, a bit of ptfe tape on the threads will help seal them

make sure the engine to plate rubber seal meets up with the mating surface on the engine

make sure your senders are screwed in nice and tight, a bit of ptfe tape on the threads will help seal them

PTFE taped all off them, i think its the seal between the plate and the engine as couldnt see oil coming from the filter im off to Daves to get a correct oil filter in a bit :( a long drive

PTFE taped all off them, i think its the seal between the plate and the engine as couldnt see oil coming from the filter im off to Daves to get a correct oil filter in a bit :( a long drive

or get dave to get you the number, if i remember when i originally worked out for dave which was the best filter to use it was a VW one from mahle, i think vw golf/passat

just go into Halfords, and get one, alternatively ask dave to tell you the product code of the type he now gets, saves you driving along way

or get dave to get you the number, if i remember when i originally worked out for dave which was the best filter to use it was a VW one from mahle, i think vw golf/passat

just go into Halfords, and get one, alternatively ask dave to tell you the product code of the type he now gets, saves you driving along way

Or mod the sandwich plate, as i did so standard filter will fit :D

i have found the culprit its the rubber seal that is on the sandwhich plate when tighen it up looks like it shifted out of place a tiny bit and there where 4 little bits flated which shud have been in the grooved section :tsktsk: so angry lol

just txt dave to see if i can get one from Halfords if not ill have to drive

Gord what did u do to your sandwhich plate ????

i have found the culprit its the rubber seal that is on the sandwhich plate when tighen it up looks like it shifted out of place a tiny bit and there where 4 little bits flated which shud have been in the grooved section :tsktsk: so angry lol

just txt dave to see if i can get one from Halfords if not ill have to drive

Gord what did u do to your sandwhich plate ????

You have pm

Matt jsut spoke to dave he said talk to you, just tried you mobile and its off didnt want to ring your house number just incase someone was still asleep.

How can i get hold of you fella

invade france :lol:

Mahle filter oc11

got one sitting in my hand :whistling:

Matt jsut spoke to dave he said talk to you, just tried you mobile and its off didnt want to ring your house number just incase someone was still asleep.

Mahle filter oc11

AAhhhhh really where can i get one from barry hellllppppp lololol

Mahle filter oc11

as i said i have one in my hand

Mahle filter oc11

CAn i not get the same one or one similar from halford or something ??????

Mahle filter oc11

CAn i not get the same one or one similar from halford or something ??????

possibly, take the sandwich plate and measurements and go down to Halfords

just try filters on it untill you get one that fits

the box will give a clue to the size of the filter

make sure the thread fits, and the seal meets properly

click "Sprache"

then english, then in the 2 boxes, the top one type oc11, then search...if you need to go that far, the link was for the page with the details on

or you mean the infomation is all in german.......

im sure you could work out that mm, is the same in englisch.....h= hoehe = height

Edited by Monster-Mat

A bit :offtopic: but I find it laughable that the English speaking nations always expect everyone else to speak English!

i agree

That's because a lot of the world was once ruled by the British sovereignty

key word...."ONCE"

:offtopic:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links