Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bumpy Ride On Is250

neil1

I may be imagining it but my month old IS250 suddenly seems to feel a lot more bumpier when driving on the motorway or even regular road, have the roads suddenly gotten a lot less smoother overnight. I swear I didnt have a drink last night. Seriously, is it possible for something to go wrong with the suspension or other mechanism overnight to make the ride a lot less smoother? :o

I found my tyre pressures were too high - 41 fr and 45 rr at delivery...

If you have 17" wheels set them at 36 front and 38 rear, seems to work best if you're normally the only one in the car.

Do remember of course that the load in the car, external temperature (i.e. road surface) all make a difference and should be accounted for, and incorrect settings can damage the tyres.

I seem to recall on the test drive the base on 16" was really bouncy!

I may be imagining it but my month old IS250 suddenly seems to feel a lot more bumpier when driving on the motorway or even regular road, have the roads suddenly gotten a lot less smoother overnight. I swear I didnt have a drink last night. Seriously, is it possible for something to go wrong with the suspension or other mechanism overnight to make the ride a lot less smoother? :o

Ensure you set your tyres with an accurate gauge as garage kit is notoriously pessimistic!

Tel

may be youve just got used to the car and your listening for things.cant be anything serious if it still holds the road ok,as rich says check your tyre pressures as if your on bigger rims you'll have a bumpier ride.

if your still not happy ask your dealer to check it over.

good luck :)

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I have 17" wheels and I checked the tyre pressure as Rich said and set them to the values suggested by Jamboo.

Spikes, I have the same doubt as you say in that I may just be noticing things I didn't before, however I can definitely feel more bumps and unevenness in the road than I did when I first drove the car to the point where it has become slightly uncomfortable to drive. Going get it checked out...

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I have 17" wheels and I checked the tyre pressure as Rich said and set them to the values suggested by Jamboo.

Spikes, I have the same doubt as you say in that I may just be noticing things I didn't before, however I can definitely feel more bumps and unevenness in the road than I did when I first drove the car to the point where it has become slightly uncomfortable to drive. Going get it checked out...

keep us informed on what they say :)

dealer hasnt found anthing yet but i found this thread which seems to point to the bumpy ride being more subjective than anything. Some people have posted saying the suspension settles down after a few thousand miles, others have been helped by a lowering of the tyre pressure:

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/archive/in...p/t-217330.html

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links