Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Can Is220/250 Remote Frequency Be Changed?

javadude

Last night I couldn't unlock my car when parked a few doors down the street. I though it must just be that one spot. Today I've found I can't unlock/lock it further down the street nor outside my house. Basically I have to park way down the road before the key fob will work, otherwise I have to take the door handle apart and use the mechanical key. I've seen that this is fairly common from other posts. Does anyone know if Lexus can change the frequency of the remote?

I'm guessing someone's got something new like wifi or cordless phone yesterday afternoon. I've scanned up and down the street with my PDA for wireless networks and the only ones broadcasting an ID that I can pick up are my own and one that is almost down to zero strength outside our house so perhaps its something else...

Anyway its a real pain. I'm going to talk to the dealers tomorrow...

No mobile masts. Perhaps Tommy's got a new grill or something at the chip-shop across the road. :huh::lol: I keep hoping that next time it'll be ok again.... but its not. None of my neighbours seem to be having problems, just me :(

Btw thats a nice colour car you've got :D

No mobile masts. Perhaps Tommy's got a new grill or something at the chip-shop across the road. :huh::lol: I keep hoping that next time it'll be ok again.... but its not. None of my neighbours seem to be having problems, just me :(

To be honest I think this is becoming a major fault with the cars. I would not acccept it. If I was you I would park the car in a spot that you know the key fob will not work and call Lexus out. Do not accept an excuse of interferance. You should not have to check if your car will unlock everytime you park it.

When I posted last night I was about to say the same...but I like the 18"ers on yours and the lowered suspension...and the HID's...and the parking sensors...

OK I just like your whole car :lol: fancy a swap?

:lol: Don't ask don't get... :duh: :tomato:

If it does it in a specific place then it could be that the frequency yours is set to "conflicts" with the surrpoundings there. The only option (I believe) is to swap the Module/transponder in your car, and get the garage to re-programme the remotes...

That's if they agree in the first place to replace it, else it could be expensive. Like most "grey area" problems, this could come down to the garage and LGB...unless there is some way to reprogramme the whole unit....or you can move down the road...

When I posted last night I was about to say the same...but I like the 18"ers on yours and the lowered suspension...and the HID's...and the parking sensors...

OK I just like your whole car fancy a swap?

Errr guess :D

If it does it in a specific place then it could be that the frequency yours is set to "conflicts" with the surrpoundings there. The only option (I believe) is to swap the Module/transponder in your car, and get the garage to re-programme the remotes...

That's if they agree in the first place to replace it, else it could be expensive. Like most "grey area" problems, this could come down to the garage and LGB...unless there is some way to reprogramme the whole unit....or you can move down the road...

I spoke to the dealer today and they said that with so many things producing radio waves and electrical interference that its difficult for them to solve completely. They said try to park further away for a week or so as often sources of interference are temporary. If it persists then they said they could change the frequency of the car unit and that would mean replacing the keys. Sounded expensive but he said it would be covered under warranty.

I had the same problem as you for a couple of days, and so far the problem hasnt re-appeared. Starting from the inteference explanation I did try a couple of things. I have two wireless routers in my house and I switched one off them off and changed the frequency of the other but I can't say for sure the problem went away immeadiately it just sort of fixed itself over the next few days if I recall correctly. So cant say for certain it had an effect. Then I came across page 8 -11 of the user manual - it lists all the get outs when it wont work, I have listed some of them here:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...=36087&st=0

post 22

An earlier post said parking the brekdown truck in front of the car let it open. If you have two cars try parking in front . behind, left side , right side and se if it clears ( if you don't have two cars borrow a neighbours ). If this lets you in it should give an idea of direction.

It's gotta be covered by warranty - as it's not your fault it's bad design.

I live in a terraced street with wall to wall cars so there was one in front and behind, and one opposite just over one car width away. I tried leaving my mobile in the house, turning off every electrical applicance except the fridge/freezer, holding the remote in all kinds of different places even... wrapping foil round my hand/the key/door-handle to provide some kind of shielding. OK so I'm a nutter but at least I didnt wear a sieve on my head.... this time.

Oh and when I got home tonight I parked outside my house and it locked fine. So I unlocked it and locked it again. Still fine. Wait....just tried it again from the house and works ok. 2 days and its now working again and its like it was just some wierd dream.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links