Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls400 1994 Remote Key Fob Not Working

:) hello guys, i have just bought a lexus ls400 on sunday just gone for £850.there a few things wrong

the remote key is not working i have put in 2 new batteries and i have double checked the remote switch is on.i have even checked the rom chip in the boot to see if it was loose but nothing.i have tried the programming and no luck.please can some one help me out on this.

my dashboard flickers in the morning then comes on after about 30 secs but the speedo needle is half lit and black.the dashboard lights some of them are working and some of them arent.the lcd display is not working is black which i know is a very common fault.

please can any 1 tell me how to get this key fob working as i dont really want to resort going to lexus dealers.

any advice or pics is appreciated

the key is a one button on the side just for opening the door and locking them.the security light is flashing but when the car is locked and i open the boot nothing is going off.

thanks

simon

:) hello guys, i have just bought a lexus ls400 on sunday just gone for £850.there a few things wrong

haha. good one mate.

take ur LS400 to Lexus and £850 wouldnt even cover the cost of changing the discs and pads...lol

anyway, i assume it's a S1 model, so you have a button on the left hand side of the dash that can be on or off. it's the button that allows you to use the key remotely to lock/unlock.

is yours set to off?

haha. good one mate.

take ur LS400 to Lexus and £850 wouldnt even cover the cost of changing the discs and pads...lol

anyway, i assume it's a S1 model, so you have a button on the left hand side of the dash that can be on or off. it's the button that allows you to use the key remotely to lock/unlock.

is yours set to off?

hi no i have checked it is def set to on.

hmmm, sounds like your transponder unit is knackered then..and that aint cheap to get one from lexus...

is there any way i can test it or is there a fuse or something?

transponder is inside the dash somewhere. i don't know about a fuse mate.

hmmm, sounds like your transponder unit is knackered then..and that aint cheap to get one from lexus...

is there any way i can test it or is there a fuse or something?

transponder is inside the dash somewhere. i don't know about a fuse mate.

i checked the door receiver to see if the rom chip was loose but it isnt.but i dont know anything about a transponder in the dash

Mine hasnt worked for over a year now, and it really pained me when it first stopped working , but, hey, it only cost you 850 its not THAT hard to just put the key in the lock........

You wait till the ignition barrel seizes and you are unable to put the key in to pull the barrel out, on the day before you are driving to the south of France - now thats when you get grief from er/im indoors!

i dont work on mine but if i disconnect the battery and reconnect it the fob works for about 2 days then stops working again so i gave up and lock it with the key

do you think that is possible that could work by disconnecting the Battery?and maybe the remote key fob will work as i dont know when it worked last.as he just told me that the Battery died and never replaced it.

i dont work on mine but if i disconnect the battery and reconnect it the fob works for about 2 days then stops working again so i gave up and lock it with the key

do you think that is possible that could work by disconnecting the Battery?and maybe the remote key fob will work as i dont know when it worked last.as he just told me that the Battery died and never replaced it.

Same problem with my Mk3.I messed about and ended up with the immobiliser not working.Had to have it trucked to Lexus Guildford and they charged me £200 to disconnect the whole alarm system. The company that fitted the alarms are now no more and Lexus can no longer repair them. I would leave well alone and use the key in the door.Do you tell the insurance company? Is anyone going to nick a £850 motor.I don't think so. Best of luck,welcome to the Club.

:D

Same problem with my Mk3.I messed about and ended up with the immobiliser not working.Had to have it trucked to Lexus Guildford and they charged me £200 to disconnect the whole alarm system. The company that fitted the alarms are now no more and Lexus can no longer repair them. I would leave well alone and use the key in the door.Do you tell the insurance company? Is anyone going to nick a £850 motor.I don't think so. Best of luck,welcome to the Club.

okey dokey mate, thanks for the advice.cheers for the welcome to the club.i am well chuffed getting a lexus ls400 for £850.i have started to work on the inside of the interior and man it is coming up like new.the bodywork has no rust at all and a lovely silver colour.the mileage is very high 282,000 miles on the clock.but the cambelt has been changed and it has full service history as well.and it drives so smooth ,so i am gonna replace all brake discs and pads and get the cambelt done again after xmas.but rest assured i am a proud owner os my lexus.

do you think that is possible that could work by disconnecting the battery?and maybe the remote key fob will work as i dont know when it worked last.as he just told me that the battery died and never replaced it.

it as the same when i got my mk3 when i got it the bloke said he thinks the batterys are flat i took the Battery off put it back the alarm went off and the alarm worked for about 2-3 days mybe worth just taking it off and see

do you think that is possible that could work by disconnecting the battery?and maybe the remote key fob will work as i dont know when it worked last.as he just told me that the battery died and never replaced it.

it as the same when i got my mk3 when i got it the bloke said he thinks the batterys are flat i took the Battery off put it back the alarm went off and the alarm worked for about 2-3 days mybe worth just taking it off and see

hi, do you mean the batterys in the remote or the car Battery.i have replaced the remote Battery twice now and no luck with them.when i lock the car with the key in the door the security light is flashing,but while it is flashing and i open the boot nothing goes off,no alarm nothing.i really would like to get this sorted

hi, do you mean the batterys in the remote or the car Battery.i have replaced the remote Battery twice now and no luck with them.when i lock the car with the key in the door the security light is flashing,but while it is flashing and i open the boot nothing goes off,no alarm nothing.i really would like to get this sorted

Hi,

Your 1994 LS should be a series 2 and the remote receiver is located behind the left (nearside) panel in the boot ( same side as the toolkit). The heated rear window acts as a receiver aerial via clever Lexus magic.

The aerial cable plugs into the receiver with a car radio aerial type plug, pull this out and insert the metal key part of the fob into the hole without touching the two together) and press the button if the system then operates it is an aerial fault if not let me know as I have the wiring diagrams for this.

There is also a previous article on the forum I did to check the Battery in the fob whilst it is being operated because although the batteries may be new they may not be good.

Good luck,

Steve

Hi,

Your 1994 LS should be a series 2 and the remote receiver is located behind the left (nearside) panel in the boot ( same side as the toolkit). The heated rear window acts as a receiver aerial via clever Lexus magic.

The aerial cable plugs into the receiver with a car radio aerial type plug, pull this out and insert the metal key part of the fob into the hole without touching the two together) and press the button if the system then operates it is an aerial fault if not let me know as I have the wiring diagrams for this.

There is also a previous article on the forum I did to check the Battery in the fob whilst it is being operated because although the batteries may be new they may not be good.

Good luck,

Steve

hi, could you give me more details about this as i dont want to make any mistakes of course.any pics or diagrams will be great

thanks

Hi,

Good luck,

Steve

hi, could you give me more details about this as i dont want to make any mistakes of course.any pics or diagrams will be great

thanks

i tried a test today by locking & unlocking 10 times then press the remote fob and the locks went through a cycle and beeped a tottal of 6 times,any ideas what this is please.also went in mt boot today and tried where you insert the key into the receiver and then i pressed the button,nothing happened.

any ideas please

thanks

hi, do you mean the batterys in the remote or the car battery.i have replaced the remote battery twice now and no luck with them.when i lock the car with the key in the door the security light is flashing,but while it is flashing and i open the boot nothing goes off,no alarm nothing.i really would like to get this sorted

its the car battey

hi, do you mean the batterys in the remote or the car battery.i have replaced the remote battery twice now and no luck with them.when i lock the car with the key in the door the security light is flashing,but while it is flashing and i open the boot nothing goes off,no alarm nothing.i really would like to get this sorted

its the car battey

hi,i locked all the car up today but left the drivers window open, as soon as i saw the secirty light flashing i opened the drivers door from the inside and the alarm went off.but tried to deactivate it by the key fob no luck.so i had to put the key in ignition to stop it which of course did.

any ideas

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links