Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Could This Solve All The Problems?

Well I'll hopefully be ordering all my kit this weekend - if I can decide on a h/u! Stuck between a Kenwood or a Pioneer!!! :duh:

A question regarding the speakers.......Will any after market 6x9's fit in the Lexus covers on the parcel shelf, or do I need to look out for a particular type/size?

And regarding the installation........Is it easy to take the centre consol apart for fitting, 'cos after a brief inspection I can't see any obvious fixings/clips around the air vents and top shelf!!!

Thanks for your help guys............ :winky:

Oh, quick question for q8hk.... what head unit is that? Looks sweet!!!!!!!

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A question regarding the speakers.......Will any after market 6x9's fit in the Lexus covers on the parcel shelf, or do I need to look out for a particular type/size?

And regarding the installation........Is it easy to take the centre consol apart for fitting, 'cos after a brief inspection I can't see any obvious fixings/clips around the air vents and top shelf!!!

Thanks for your help guys............ :winky:

Removing/Fitting headunit see: this thread

re: 6x9's I think the room above the shelf is fine, the issue is usually the depth of the speakers in the boot in that aftermarket ones can encroach on the metal bars on the boot hinges, so usually have to be "lifted" up with some MDF or something on the shelf.

It this connector still needed if you not using standard speaker wiring?

Does the lex have a standard iso connector for just power and earth as that is all I need for the 7998

Does the lex have a standard iso connector for just power and earth as that is all I need for the 7998

No mate, but you can use a couple of scotch locks of the lexus harness if you wanted too. Just use a multimeter to find which wires are 12V, -ve and ign.

In mine, i just connected the yellow Battery wire to the blue/yellow wire, and the red ign wire to the grey wire. Just cut into the wires and solder the h/u wires on and insulate, as it will be easier to put back to standard.

Best to run the ground from a metal point in the car as i had a few problems when I used the brown earth wire in the car (i did mine from the frame where you bolt in the heater control panel).

Also try and disconnect the existing amp's wiring, as you'll be using other amps and you'll drain your Battery very fast, as i found out! :tsktsk:

Thats what i can remember off top of me head, but can have a proper look tomorrow.

Quality stereo btw! :winky:

Just had a quick look tonight after i come back from Footy

i got the top dash part out no problem, the swirtches under the STD HU no problem

then got the glove box out seen the nice amp and then thought how the F :tsktsk:

do i get that plug out, i have now removed the side kick trim where fuses are

and decided to leave it till the morning.

but i guess i need hands n fingers like spaggetti but with a vice like grip.

is it best to pull both plugs or just the one i need for the Lead

also got myself an off cut of MDF for rear speakers mount from B&Q tonight for a £1 bargin

as they only sell it as a sheet at £7.00 if anyone needs any little tip go to the back of store where

they cut it there are always off cuts

cheers matt

oh well roll on tomorrow i cannot wait :duh: cut fingers and loads of swearing and that will just be on that amp

i got the top dash part out no problem, the swirtches under the STD HU no problem

then got the glove box out seen the nice amp and then thought how the F :tsktsk:

also got myself an off cut of MDF for rear speakers mount from B&Q tonight for a £1 bargin

as they only sell it as a sheet at £7.00 if anyone needs any little tip go to the back of store where

cheers matt

oh well roll on tomorrow i cannot wait :duh: cut fingers and loads of swearing and that will just be on that amp

f u undo the 2 bolts holding the amp in place and cut the 2 cable ties securing the wiring loom to the amp, it gives u a bit more freedom. My hands were black and blue after gettin mine out! try get a child to do it!! Ive totally removed the amp from the car. not sure what the other plug is for.

cheers matt

ITS IN

Head unit, wiring loom, ipod adaptor

that plug was a right B :tsktsk: D to get out

but i got there in the end

just got to learn how to use it all now

and speakers still to fit but i think either tomorrow afternoon or next saturday

word of advise

dont buy the pioneer Remote as the receiver is on the LH side of unit

and your steering wheel is on the right

so it dont work

everything must be designed for LH drive i think

i will post some pics soon

Matt

f u undo the 2 bolts holding the amp in place and cut the 2 cable ties securing the wiring loom to the amp, it gives u a bit more freedom. My hands were black and blue after gettin mine out! try get a child to do it!! Ive totally removed the amp from the car. not sure what the other plug is for.

• 2 weeks later...

Just Ordered my Wiring harness (at last) :D from eBay. Hope fully will be pestering you guys for some advise if i fail to locate the information in this great resource website... :D

I will get round to installing the new Kit once i have my New in-car DVD-Mp3 etc... Screen arriving from abroad.. hopefully. :hehe: Just waiting for cousin to pick-it up that's all. keep you guys posted.

Cheers for the link and the wealth of knowledge posted her so hopefully the install will go smoothly.... :duh:

Dibslpg

Ok you guys, what's the trick? I spent 2 hours last night trying to get that damn plug out of the amp and the bloody thing won't budge. I can get my hand to it - just - but even with the tag pushed in it wouldn't move an inch!!! I've unclipped the wires to it, and although they're still quite rigid they do have a bit of movement. But it's like the thing is welded in!!! :shutit: Sooooo disappointed, thought I was gonna have it all up and running last night but had to give up due to scratched, bruised, battered, numb hands/fingers!!! :tsktsk:

Help :blush: .......PLEASE!!!

p.s. if anyone has got that link to the directions for removing the dash, please can you post it here as that would come in handy too!!!

Can you get a pair of pointy nosed pliers in there?? If so they'll give you a better grip!! Push the clip down then pull like :tsktsk: on it and wiggle it too :winky:

Or if handy get a young child with small hands to pry it out and then reward with candy!!!

Ok you guys, what's the trick? I spent 2 hours last night trying to get that damn plug out of the amp and the bloody thing won't budge. I can get my hand to it - just - but even with the tag pushed in it wouldn't move an inch!!! I've unclipped the wires to it, and although they're still quite rigid they do have a bit of movement. But it's like the thing is welded in!!! :shutit: Sooooo disappointed, thought I was gonna have it all up and running last night but had to give up due to scratched, bruised, battered, numb hands/fingers!!! :tsktsk:

Have you unbolted the amp from the frame holding it in place? If you unbolt, with a bit of gentle force and movement you can just about get it away from the frame slightly and move it out towards you, then I took off the plastic door trim piece (just pops off) and then you can pull away the plastic side piece below the glove box to give yourself another way of getting your hand to the plug. Thats how I did it anyway. Then you just have to force it back into place on the mounting.

Thanks for the offer Lee, but you're about a million miles away from me!!! :D

Anyway, I'm gonna give it another crack after work on Saturday. Admittedly it was dark when I first tried and I couldn't see a damn thing B), so that probably don't help!!! I'll use all the the advise you guys have given me and with a bit of luck we should be in business.

Anyone got any ideas on where the best place to fit the iPod adapter would be :question: Its a bit bigger than I thought and probably needs to be somewhere accessable.

Cheers Guys, will keep you posted! :excl:

Hooray!!!!!!! :yahoo:

At last, got the job done today! Enlisted my younger brother with girl-like-but-strong-hands to aid me with the plug. Two hours of struggling the other night with no joy. He comes along and gets the bloody thing out in ten minutes!!! :tsktsk: Won't be hearing the end of that one for a while!!! :blush:

Well impressed with head unit. :) Got the ipod adapter in aswell and all works fine. Even the Bluetooth hands-free worked!

Was slightly disappointed with the fascia off e-bay though! It went in ok but there did seem to be a few gaps around the edges and it's not all that sturdy. Maybe it's just the perfectionist in me raising it's ugly head! :blink:

Will post some pics when I get a chance.

Cheers for your help guys! :winky:

Was slightly disappointed with the fascia off e-bay though! It went in ok but there did seem to be a few gaps around the edges and it's not all that sturdy. Maybe it's just the perfectionist in me raising it's ugly head! :blink:

Will post some pics when I get a chance.

Cheers for your help guys! :winky:

Ye i thought the same about the facia adapter, a few wider gaps around the edges and doesnt seem the strongest. Ah well its in now!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links