Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Catalyst Coverter + Mot

TDA

Hi everyone,

Am pretty new on the site but I need some help Urgently.

Took my IS 200 SE 1999 for a MOT to my local garage, to my surprise it failed in 2 accounts.

Ball joints that is not that costly and CO2 emmisions aka Catalyst converter is not working correctly. But I thought the light on dash board will come on if there is anyting wrong with the Cat, should Ill try another garage to check the emmisions???

The garage can not get one at all at least is from main dealer £566 + VAT + £85 labour, daylight robbery if you ask me, anyway I have seen Prolex-UK does one for under £300 but is anyone had use them before and what is the feedback on them??? please

TDA

Ps: Also has anyone have a number for Prolex-UK, Thanks in advance for the help :D

Hi everyone,

Am pretty new on the site but I need some help Urgently.

Took my IS 200 SE 1999 for a MOT to my local garage, to my surprise it failed in 2 accounts.

Ball joints that is not that costly and CO2 emmisions aka Catalyst converter is not working correctly. But I thought the light on dash board will come on if there is anyting wrong with the Cat, should Ill try another garage to check the emmisions???

The garage can not get one at all at least is from main dealer £566 + VAT + £85 labour, daylight robbery if you ask me, anyway I have seen Prolex-UK does one for under £300 but is anyone had use them before and what is the feedback on them??? please

TDA

Ps: Also has anyone have a number for Prolex-UK, Thanks in advance for the help :D

Prolex is on holiday :o

Has you car had a service ? if not change the air filter, and make sure the car engine is hot when taking for your next MOT.

Thank you to all out there for the help, everything work out OK I toke it to another MOT station and would you believe it pass with not problems, so tomorrow am having words with the other garage and Lexus Coventry whom they told me also I need to change the Cat ( money grabbers), the filter must to been the problem it was choker with dirt, got the new K&N coming tomorrow too and new sparks on the way IK20 Denso I believe are the right choice.

Now just to close the matter what is the best grade and make of oil to use at the moment

Thank you to all out there for the help, everything work out OK I toke it to another MOT station and would you believe it pass with not problems, so tomorrow am having words with the other garage and Lexus Coventry whom they told me also I need to change the Cat ( money grabbers), the filter must to been the problem it was choker with dirt, got the new K&N coming tomorrow too and new sparks on the way IK20 Denso I believe are the right choice.

Now just to close the matter what is the best grade and make of oil to use at the moment

just changed my spark plugs to Denso well worth it

just changed my spark plugs to Denso well worth it

Hi, Where did you get the Spark Plugs and how much Please?

been looking for the right ones and only managed to find them on the American eBay sites so-far.

Cheers, Dibslpg

www.xyberautos.com £48.40 for 6 free posting and you get a 10% off on your first order if it is over £50, so I got some wiper blades 22", well worth it. Hope this helps.

Ps you can get then in the UK also from about £9 + VAT if you call Denso UK they will tell you the nearest supplier to you, there is one in Leiscester 01162461000 that is got a very good price on them.

United Kingdom

DENSO Sales UK Ltd

Building 1, Eden Road, Walsgrave Triangle

Coventry CV2 2TB

United Kingdom

T: +44 24 76843416

F: +44 24 76842521

E: t.willetts@denso-sales.co.uk

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links