Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Kick Plates

CIJ

Fitted a pair of these a couple of days ago to my IS Sport........simple to do. Just make sure you use the smaller Red 5 amp Scotchlocks to connect the wires, as they are pretty thin. You'll need to pull out the door courtesy lights to find which colour wires to connect in the footwell.

209989176.jpg

209989181.jpg

Keith

Fitted a pair of these a couple of days ago to my IS Sport........simple to do. Just make sure you use the smaller Red 5 amp Scotchlocks to connect the wires, as they are pretty thin. You'll need to pull out the door courtesy lights to find which colour wires to connect in the footwell.

209989176.jpg

209989181.jpg

Keith

You lucky ******* they look ******* great.

Envy is a terrible thing so what i want!!! <_<

They look nice! Heard they can pack up randomly though :shutit:

There were a lot of problems with these, that is why they were not available for almost two years. Lexus says they had a quality and reliability issue which they had to "iron out" before finding someone else to manufacture it. I believe TTE produced the first lot. I had mine renewed under warranty a couple of weeks ago after waiting 18 months. It transpired that a certain dealer :tsktsk: who shall remain nameless was siiting on my replacement part for 5 months without taking any steps to inform me.

I much prefer these to the smaller ones they have fitted to the new models.

Yes they look great :)

Before I bought these ones, I downloaded the fitting instructions that are on the site here. The wiring for those, which I assume were earlier ones, was slightly different to the ones I got. There was no need to drill through the lip/sill where the door rubber seal is, to pass the wires into the car interior (and then onto the fuse board in the foot well). These ones had sealed 'flat' wires which passed over the lip/sill and under the rubber door seal, you can't see them unless you pull up the door seal.........I'm hoping these are the better, later version.

Keith

Some day time links as well, I had these on my old IS200, they really look nice.

Kick Plate 1

Kick Plate 2

They were apparantly a right bu99er to fit! Also I got them free as I had to have my complete gear box replaced a few weeks after buying my new Lexus IS200, so they threw these in as an apology, I love Bracknell Lexus, they really look after me.... :)

• 3 weeks later...

I phoned Lexus Oxford & Bracknell today re these kick plates Oxford said they were discontinued bracknell told me they were discontinued but reinstated a little while ago they are phoning me tomorrow with a price ill let you know the results but i agree its a must have mod i'm stuck now between HID's or the kick plates :blink:

Lexus Bracknell come back with a price :sick:

Plates £401.77

Labour£165.00

Santa was good this year but not that good :yawn:

I phoned Lexus Oxford & Bracknell today re these kick plates Oxford said they were discontinued bracknell told me they were discontinued but reinstated a little while ago they are phoning me tomorrow with a price ill let you know the results but i agree its a must have mod i'm stuck now between HID's or the kick plates :blink:

omg. for 4 bits of routered stainless. what a rip off.

glad theres a router at my work. im going to make my own. might even router trd or something like that into them instead.

its only illuminated vinyl type material that lights them up isnt it?

has anyone got a pic of the back of them?

could probably make my own in an hour or so.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links