Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help Needed Urgently Please

flyboy80

Hi Guys,

My RS200 of 4 years that has provided me with trouble free motoring, for so long is sick !!! -

The engine cuts out when approaching junctions or when coming to a stop. In idle it ticks over at around 350 - 450 rpm, as if it is about to stall, or will stop. As it is an automatic, loss of sterring, power. I Took her to local diagnostics centre to establish fault, they changed the Battery and checked alternator, because they believe that this was the problem.

After this did not rectify the problem, I got the usually crap about being import etc. Not able to read diagnostic signals, main dealer issue or take to Toyota and all the normal head scratching as garages mechanics do..... So can anyone recommend within the Leamington Spa / Warwick / Coventry area a reliable "import-friendly" garage with correct equipment and attitude to fix my baby? - Preferably

The car is somewhat drivable but due to nature of fault I would prefer not to drive too far !!

Regards

Flyboy80

:o

the altezza doesnt run obdII so most UK Toyota dealers wont do a diagnostic check, only dealer who i can think off is jemca

Hi Mat,

My Altezza has a box with "diagnosis" on it, what plugs into this....?

cheers

the altezza doesnt run obdII so most UK Toyota dealers wont do a diagnostic check, only dealer who i can think off is jemca

Hi Mat,

My Altezza has a box with "diagnosis" on it, what plugs into this....?

cheers

the fault codes are read on OBDII under the dash on the is200, japanese domestic vehicles dont run OBDII protocol

the diagnostics ports under the bonnet are to directly read engine data, for use with Toyota breakout boxes

Edited by Monster-Mat

sound like the idle speed control valve /stepper motor

i have had to clean loads of these and is worse in the winter when all fans light s are on

just take it off and clean with carb cleaner or brake cleaner

Just returned back to the board after lengthy discussions with the only auto electrician that I could find on a Saturday that will look at my car, he has thrown in the towel as he doesn't know where half of the modules are in the engine and he sounded unsure - best not to let him tinker with it. It was a process of elimination of six modules he thinks.......... :crying:

What the hell do I do now ?????

Has the "check engine" light been on at all while the engine is running? If not, then there might not be a diagnostic code to read, anyway. If no "check engine" light then there might not be any faulty sensors or actuators (i.e. nothing for the ECU to report)... which probably means a dirty MAF sensor, or maybe just a clogged air filter. If I were you, I would try cleaning the MAF sensor first with Isopropyl Alcohol - commonly sold as electrical contact cleaner. Give it a good soaking a few times, but don't touch the delicate electronic bits with anything. If that doesn't solve it, try a new air cleaner. If that doesn't solve it, try resetting the ECU.

As suggested before, check out the Error code PDF Error Code PDF Post. Even without knowing an error code, the listed symptoms might give you a clue as to a faulty sensor.

Are there any other symptoms? Is the car hard to start after stalling?

This MIGHT help...: OBD Diagnosis

Cheers

you havent changed or messed around with you air box have you?

the reason i ask is i changed my air box to a HKS air filter, mine to is a import altezza and because of the instructions being in jap i put the air flow meter (i think thats what it is called) upside down which afecting the whole engine.

In idle it was missing big time, changed it around the correct way then it started stalling at junction turning the engine which would also turn of the powersteering, all i did was ajdust the air flow meter a little bit more upwards and now it is perfect.

thanks

Im not an expert by any expectation, but it sounds like as previously mentioned either the MAF or Idle control valve.

Hopefully the idle control valve as this is the least expensive fix...

good luck

Im not an expert by any expectation, but it sounds like as previously mentioned either the MAF or Idle control valve.

Hopefully the idle control valve as this is the least expensive fix...

good luck

hows the going lads im new to this site just joined the weekend . I have a 02 altezza and a mate of mine had the very same prob . It is the idle control valve actin up on u.

best of luck with it

You keep mentioning the MAF Sensor, i think i will need to clean this thing too, cos mine sometimes shows the Engine light.

Each time i take it to a mate with the disgnostics lead it stops flashing :tsktsk: hence not code to look at.

any Guide to where the MAF is located please? loojed in the engine and not obvious to spot it :question:

I have looked in the garage section and only managed to find the guide to cleaning the MAF Sensor on the GS430??

Any Pic's or a how to locate guide woul dbe appriciated, Cheers

Sorry to side linethe thread... :unsure:

Dibslpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links