Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Light Vs Dark Leather Interior On Convertible. (too Hot In Sun?)

SC-berks

In the Summer does the Black leather interior get very hot in the sun, compared to Cream??

Is it an issue worth considering when by a car for it's Convertible option? or not really a problem??

I take it there is any venting going on?

*Found a Black/Black; wife seems to have her heart on Blue/Cream.. looking at 2 on Saturday and will drive away in one. fingers crossed.

Found the alloys I'm going to Buy OZ Opera II 's in Dark Anodized--- look sooooo sweeeet.

http://www.performancealloys.com/details.a...ssion=939378501

Click on the picture of the Lexus SC for the full effect!

I quite like the cream leather on the SC too, although I doubt there's too much of a difference in terms of how hot they get in the summer...........

Those are lovely alloys, I'd really like a set in 19" with the same dark centre for my IS, but trying to find somewhere that does them cheaper than that :duh:

Let me know if you find anyone that does them cheaper because I do like those wheels but not sure I want to pay around £1500 for wheels and tyres.........

Guest inicol63

The only reason that i believe the light interior is better, is when you have the roof up the interior seems less closed in than having a darker interior.

Wheels look good !!!!!!!!!!

Have you thought about importing a set of wheels from America as the exchange rate is so good at the moment.

Ian

My old supra was all black interior and if left in the sun it was stupidly hot inside.

My SC is blue with cream interior so can recommend it, just a bit of a pain keeping the carpets clean at the moment, and the seats do seem to pick up stains...

Cheers

Paul

• 5 weeks later...
In the Summer does the Black leather interior get very hot in the sun, compared to Cream??

Is it an issue worth considering when by a car for it's Convertible option? or not really a problem??

I take it there is any venting going on?

*Found a Black/Black; wife seems to have her heart on Blue/Cream.. looking at 2 on Saturday and will drive away in one. fingers crossed.

Found the Alloys I'm going to Buy OZ Opera II 's in Dark Anodized--- look sooooo sweeeet.

http://www.performancealloys.com/details.a...ssion=939378501

Click on the picture of the Lexus SC for the full effect!

I have an SC with black interior and I would get it again. Of course, the black leather seats tend to get hotter when exposed to sun but I am confident you will accept this downside compared to tan leather which will look quite filthy after a few years (had tan as well - looks nice in the beginning but nothing for the long run, even if you clean regularly).

Use a reflecting sun shade on your windshield.

My black seats get very hot in the summer....

The SC's are lovely cars, not sure on the wheels you've picked out.....to simular other Lexus SC OEM wheels, which I have to say lets the car down big time!

Be sure to post pics when you pick her up mate :D

• 2 months later...

For me not at all something to seriously think about.

Q1: Do I like the colour?

Q2: What needs more cleaning care?

At the end I would decide for a darker leather. I can handle some days with hot seats, but I have a challenge with all year dirty looking leather.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links