Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mod Question

markrs200

hows things lads have a question 4 ye

What does yere rev clock reed doin 100kmph.

mine reeds 3300rpm & all the tezzas ive been in are at 3000rpm when doin 100kmph

My car also kicks a lot more at 4500rpm (when vvti kicks in) then any other tezza ive driven

& my car is noticablly faster than oters

Any ideas lads :winky:

hows things lads have a question 4 ye

What does yere rev clock reed doin 100kmph.

mine reeds 3300rpm & all the tezzas ive been in are at 3000rpm when doin 100kmph

My car also kicks a lot more at 4500rpm (when vvti kicks in) then any other tezza ive driven

& my car is noticablly faster than oters

Any ideas lads :winky:

what?

vvti, doesnt "kick in"

maybe the other tezzas u drove were AS200 or ones without the beams engine. beams engine kicks out a lot more than the standard altezza so thats probably whats happening. Any mods done to yours? Stick up some pics for us!!

edit: looking at your list of mods, that could explain the difference!

maybe the other tezzas u drove were AS200 or ones without the beams engine. beams engine kicks out a lot more than the standard altezza so thats probably whats happening. Any mods done to yours? Stick up some pics for us!!

no all the other cars im talkin about are z edition altezzas with beams engines

sorry i assumed vvti was something like vetec cause my car really kicks at 4500 like a vetec does

not able to post up pics yet im new to computers. the best i can do at the moment is ny pic and spec list on my aviator

sorry i assumed vvti was something like vetec cause my car really kicks at 4500 like a vetec does

not able to post up pics yet im new to computers. the best i can do at the moment is ny pic and spec list on my aviator

Ah ok. But i presume the fast road clutch and flywheel and exhaust are what make the difference. Did yours come with these or have you added them yourself?

:offtopic: Was thinking of some Tein springs from east coast alloys but dont want to stiffen up the ride too much. How different are the cobras from the stock springs?

Ah ok. But i presume the fast road clutch and flywheel and exhaust are what make the difference. Did yours come with these or have you added them yourself?

:offtopic: Was thinking of some Tein springs from east coast alloys but dont want to stiffen up the ride too much. How different are the cobras from the stock springs?

the cobras dropped the car nicely and they are only a very slight bit harder than standered they are a very good all rounder . the oly trouble with the jap springs is they are too hard for our s**t roads

Now I'm confused, mine has a big kick too & it's completely standard. Lacks power up untill 4500 but fun from then on :D

vvti is constant varible timing of the intake and exhaust camshaft to give the best optimum performance at any given load on the engine and imput from the ecu

So it shouldn't kick?? :duh:

I'll be gettin it rolling roaded soon so will post up the power curve lol

Grannies and eggs come to mind but the difference is: -

VVTi changes the rotational position of the cam pulley relative to the camshaft allowing the cam TIMING to change. The ECU can advance or retard the point in the stroke that the valves open and/or close, this happens constantly.

VTEC changes the whole cam profile at a preset level of RPM, hence the "kick" to a more "aggresive" cam profile.

thanks for the info lads :winky:

Dizz thats what i ment the power really comes at 4500rpm & other altezzas ive driven the kick is not half as noticeable as mine is.

Irlrs200 i fitted them myself so i dont know how much it would cost

Where are ye getting the cars dynoed lads ? :)

Dizz thats what i ment the power really comes at 4500rpm & other altezzas ive driven the kick is not half as noticeable as mine is.

Enfield, up in Meath i think. Let us know if your interested we can all go down and get it cheaper maybe

ya id definatly be interested .i asked where were ye going cause there is plenty lads doin it that will only tell u what u want to hear not the truth .I want to here the proper figure not lies that will send me home smiling & thinking my car is pushing out more than it is :)

One problem lads is as far as i know the car has to be delimited before going on a dyno .

my car is still limited ,what about yeres :winky:

Enfield, up in Meath i think. Let us know if your interested we can all go down and get it cheaper maybe

Think a rolling road day is in order! :D

Possibly mid-January??? Any other Irish boys up for it?

ya id definatly be interested .i asked where were ye going cause there is plenty lads doin it that will only tell u what u want to hear not the truth .I want to here the proper figure not lies that will send me home smiling & thinking my car is pushing out more than it is :)

One problem lads is as far as i know the car has to be delimited before going on a dyno .

my car is still limited ,what about yeres :winky:

Martin's a really down to earth bloke, no bull sh*t involved... His figures seem to be the most accurate & consistant that I've seen, wouldn't really use anywhere else tbh. Brilliant for giving proper advice too!

Car doesn't have to be de-limited, that's only for the places that do top speed runs which are pointless. That has nothing to do with your power....

:offtopic: Lets try and get all the Irish members here out for this so we can have a bit of a meet too. I know its a lot to organise but dont think there has been an irish LOC meet, Not since i joined anyway! And you get to find out what your car is actually kickin out. I've a strong feeling we will all be very surprised!! :o

Sounds good. :winky:

What way do u think well be surprised ?

To be honest i think we will be a bit dissopionted,what do u think.

I am delighted with the power in my car yet i have been talking to local lads who are dissopionted with their altezzas .They have said that altezzas are not as fast as they should be,being a 2.0l car and all & that the likes of type r hondas will leave an altezza sittin .I have drove these lads cars and they dont seem as fast as mine & i have went head to head with them too and pulled from them and they have drove my car and have admitted mine feels a lot quicker id love to find out why :unsure:

Sounds good. :winky:

What way do u think well be surprised ?

To be honest i think we will be a bit dissopionted,what do u think.

I am delighted with the power in my car yet i have been talking to local lads who are dissopionted with their altezzas .They have said that altezzas are not as fast as they should be,being a 2.0l car and all & that the likes of type r hondas will leave an altezza sittin .I have drove these lads cars and they dont seem as fast as mine & i have went head to head with them too and pulled from them and they have drove my car and have admitted mine feels a lot quicker id love to find out why :unsure:

Yeah defo dissapointed but, civic typr r's? ive given them a run for a money and the levins and the integras. were all in the sameboat fueling wise all the figures all these jap imports are advertised as, cant be obtained on irish fuel without some mods. Altezzas leave most cars behind. My mate has a 525 mtech and he nearly pooped himself when i took him for a spin!!

Maybe its just my crazy driving! :hehe:

Mine does just slightly over 3000rpm at 100kph, have you change your wheels/tires? I've still got the stock sized 215/45/17s, but now run TRD Clutch, TRD flywheel and TRD Pressure plate, didnt know that could have possibly made any difference? :S ...

Also my VVTI seems to start surging at 4700rpms (roughly).

Very interested to know roughly how many kw@the wheels RS200Zs are.

Nick

:offtopic: Lets try and get all the Irish members here out for this so we can have a bit of a meet too. I know its a lot to organise but dont think there has been an irish LOC meet, Not since i joined anyway! And you get to find out what your car is actually kickin out. I've a strong feeling we will all be very surprised!! :o

Count me in anyway, mine is supposed to be chipped i'd like to find out what she's pushing out

Sounds like a good meet coming together on the Emerald Isle.

I suggest that one of you guys starts a new thread under the club meets section and that may attract more attention.

Not to be negative but you boys with AT will get some funny dyno readings cos the box will kick down and keep the revs up. You will also need the limiter removed as that kicks in before max power in any reasonable gear. I know cos I been there :crybaby:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links