Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Irish Rolling Road Day!

Dizz

Hey guys, I'm looking at organising a rolling road day for all the Irish boys...

Venue: Westward Engineering in Enfield, Meath

Date: 3rd March 2007

Price: €60 per car

Anyone interested please get in contact with me by PM! May encorporate a meet too just for the craic :winky:

List so far:

1. Dizz - Confirmed - Deposit paid :D
  2. gsportscars - Confirmed (depending on car being ready) - Deposit paid
  3. elexes - Confirmed - Deposit paid
  4. lee_iceman - Confirmed - Deposit paid
  5. IRLRs200 - Confirmed - Deposit paid
  6. rs200dan - Confirmed - Deposit paid
  7. Tezzy - Confirmed - Deposit paid
  8. markrs200 - Confirmed - Deposit paid
  9. gerbo - Confirmed - Deposit paid
  10. Barbara - Confirmed - Deposit paid
  11. Louise - Confirmed - Deposit paid
  12. Joe - Confirmed - Deposit paid
  13. d long - Confirmed - Deposit paid

* rodge - Can't make date set :(

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, I'm looking at organising a rolling road day for all the Irish boys...

Venue will be Westward Engineering in Enfield, Meath. Will probably be on a Saturday in late January/early February... Prices depend on numbers, think it's usually €60 each but if there's a group of 10 or more it goes down to €50, will find out for definate tho...

How many would be interested & what date's would best suit? May encorporate a meet too just for the craic :winky:

I've got college the weekends of 27-28 January and 17-18 February, any weekend apart from that and i'm there :)

Venue will be Westward Engineering in Enfield, Meath. Will probably be on a Saturday in late January/early February... Prices depend on numbers, think it's usually €60 each but if there's a group of 10 or more it goes down to €50, will find out for definate tho...

How many would be interested & what date's would best suit? May encorporate a meet too just for the craic :winky:

I've got college the weekends of 27-28 January and 17-18 February, any weekend apart from that and i'm there :)

Starting list on original post :D

if mines not in garage again but ill send ya the money if u give me the info on when . i think ive a ruff ida where westwood is but got a map ?

pm me the ammount u need before hand . i can pay in full if ya like

if mines not in garage again but ill send ya the money if u give me the info on when . i think ive a ruff ida where westwood is but got a map ?

pm me the ammount u need before hand . i can pay in full if ya like

Here you go Elexes

westwardmapkg7.png

I just rang up westward engineering there to ask a few questions.

Firstly whats the most cars you can take? No more than 15

Will cars with speed limiters need to get the limiter removed? No

Will you tiptronic cars be a problem? Wouldn't waste my time with a tiptronic or automatic

When can we book a slot? Fully booked up till start of Feburary.

I don't understand why they wouldn't do the tiptronic ones. I've seen in mags of rolling road days with auto cars in it. Seems like a lazy answer to me

I just think it takes more time to get accurate results with a tiptronic, and wouldnt be worth his while doing it is there is a queue of 12 cars behind ya!

Im sure if you book an hour on your own it can be done

I don't understand why they wouldn't do the tiptronic ones. I've seen in mags of rolling road days with auto cars in it. Seems like a lazy answer to me

I just think it takes more time to get accurate results with a tiptronic, and wouldnt be worth his while doing it is there is a queue of 12 cars behind ya!

Ye I don't actually know any1 with a manual or tiptronic that's got their car rolling roaded lol

As you said it probably just takes more time...

So who does that leave???

Thanks for checking that mate thats good to know .

Come here lads sorry for changin the subject now but where is the best place to buy an apexi rsm .

I can fit it myself so that will save a few yoyos :P

Ye I don't actually know any1 with a manual or tiptronic that's got their car rolling roaded lol

As you said it probably just takes more time...

So who does that leave???

No Dizz they do do cars with manual transmission. so me and you should be fine anyway!!

Dizz, you settled on a cetain date yet. Just checking ferry prices, might pop over for this meet.

Not so far I'm afraid, had a lot on my plate at the mo well the more the merrier obviously :D

Shall try & work out a date as soon as possible :winky:

Just to chuck in my 2p worth.

You can dyno an autobox car but the problem is that the Tezza box cannot be "locked" in a gear. This means that you cannot use WOT at low to meduim revs because the car will change down to keep the revs above 5k. So no real numbers below that in terms of power and torque.

Also you really need to dyno in a higher gear when I had mine done the tip was set in 3, problem there is the speed limiter cuts in before the revs max out. The power and torque curves climb nicely then the dyno plot just drops off as the limiter cuts in so no max power figure either.

Still should be a fun day.

Hey there lads, count me in too. Anytime beyond the 10th of january is fine with me. I might have a little something of interest for ye too. Do ye mind if I bring a friendly toyota celica along? Id say he might like to test out aswel.

Hey there lads, count me in too. Anytime beyond the 10th of january is fine with me. I might have a little something of interest for ye too. Do ye mind if I bring a friendly toyota celica along? Id say he might like to test out aswel.

Story Rodge, were going to try and keep it to just Lexus/Altezzas for the rolling road but he is welcome to come along and have a look, sure if were stuck for numbers, we'll let you know

Story Rodge, were going to try and keep it to just Lexus/Altezzas for the rolling road but he is welcome to come along and have a look, sure if were stuck for numbers, we'll let you know

That is fare enough, count me in any way and i might bring him along for the spin, he might enjoy being in a proper car :P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk