Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Goin To Go For It!

alright folks, been a wee while since i've been on but been super busy anyway, dunno if you'l remember but i bought a supercharger and a heap of other goodies a while back and decided to wait till winter had been and gone. No snow so far and the only thing that has been and gone is my patients, bought my self a frontera sport to run over winter so i could make a start on the lexus tomorrow, providing i can fix the vauxhall first lol.

Is there anything i should watch out for, or a certain order to do everything in? I have some common sense with cars so it shouldn't be too much a problem but dont wanna mess it up :duh:

Any help would be greatly appreciated, i looked for instructions etc but didn't have much luck, i did have a copy of the written instructions but i lost them a while ago lol.

wish me luck lol

jay

oh yeh, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck mate, the instructions are floating around in PDF format, think TheDon or Galla4 may have them.

If you know your way around the engine bay I shouldn't imagine you'd have too much trouble, just make sure everything is tight and you don't trap any wires :blush:

btw, did you get my pm about the i/c?

alright folks, been a wee while since i've been on but been super busy anyway, dunno if you'l remember but i bought a supercharger and a heap of other goodies a while back and decided to wait till winter had been and gone. No snow so far and the only thing that has been and gone is my patients, bought my self a frontera sport to run over winter so i could make a start on the lexus tomorrow, providing i can fix the vauxhall first lol.

Is there anything i should watch out for, or a certain order to do everything in? I have some common sense with cars so it shouldn't be too much a problem but dont wanna mess it up :duh:

Any help would be greatly appreciated, i looked for instructions etc but didn't have much luck, i did have a copy of the written instructions but i lost them a while ago lol.

wish me luck lol

jay

oh yeh, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

I have them, send me your email address and i will send them to you :)

URGENT HELP NEEDED!!

ive basically got it all in but can find my ecu? Anyone who knows where it is please let me know!

Apart from that i should be a very happy person in a short while, still gotta tighten everythin up etc but its lookin sweet!

any help MUCH appreciated, pictures would be great but anything willl do, starting to get a bit stressed :duh:

cheers

jay

Lstest update:

having issues with the ecu, apparently lexus doesn't like their customers getting inside the ecu, might just cut off the metal surrounding, not sure yet though.

Second, where does the air intake sensor go? i'm using the samco induction pipe so there for there is no space for it to go unlike the standard airbox.

confused...........

When I had the TDI induction hose on Rob Fluff cut a hole in the silicone pipe and it went into there, the wire did need extending to reach though, from memory it's a two core wire so just make sure you get the polarity the right way around when you extend.

If this had already been on there hasn't it already got a hole in the pipe, or have you bought this one new?

Not sure about the ECU though, do you mean it's one of these that needs a secure torx bit to access?

yeh its like a flower shaped bit i need, managed to get one off but had to stop hammering as people are trying to sleep lol. cant believe we got this far and got defeated by three flowery screws.

Oh well, get some rest and start a fresh tomorrow!

Jay :sleeping:

morning all, about to make another go at it again, ive decided im goin to cut slots in the screws and hopefully that will work, not sure yet though.

as for the sensor i might cut a hole in the bottom of the pipping so i can get it in there as it probably would be best that it was in there, although coming out from it is a yellow wire and also on the extra ecu tehre is a yelow wire so would this mean the added ecu would take care of it although still not sure.

wish me luck (again lol)

jay

I drilled the screws out.....no messing about! lol. Wiring the piggy back ECU is fairly simple really. Just take you're time and double check everything.

Can't answer about the Air Sensor as I have the standard TTE air box.

latest update:

well after another late start and a trip to another vilage to get parts together i finally got started about the back o 1.

It is now up and runnin, took it for a spin along the road and back again, was some smoke comin off but i thing that was some grease or oil i was using when i atempted to change the manifold yesterday.

Only one last question, the butterfly vavle, is it supposed to open up when full throttle is applied? As it is at the moment it only moves a little, is this right?

gettin there slowly but surley!

jay

latest update:

well after another late start and a trip to another vilage to get parts together i finally got started about the back o 1.

It is now up and runnin, took it for a spin along the road and back again, was some smoke comin off but i thing that was some grease or oil i was using when i atempted to change the manifold yesterday.

Only one last question, the butterfly vavle, is it supposed to open up when full throttle is applied? As it is at the moment it only moves a little, is this right?

gettin there slowly but surley!

jay

If its not to dark when I get back, I'll check mine tonight.

the butterfly valve on the supercharger will only fully close when the throttle is fully open (foot to the floor) - you can test this easily - put the ignition in the ACC position so all the dash lights come on - get a mate to move the throttle pedal and then u can look at the bypass valve on the supercharger.

also make sure that you have adjusted the bypass valve cable properly as this is very important - refer to the photo below

DSCF0068_001.sized.jpg

So, the valve should only move at full throttle? Or should it move with the throttle cable and reach maximum closedness when your foots on the floor? Currently it doesn't really move at all until your at full throttle, then it moves say 20 degrees, doesn't come close to closing. I figure this needs adjusting then?

Thanks.

it wont move for the first part of throttle movement then it will be relative once the "slack" in the cable is taken up - on mine the arm of the valve moves over the full range.

just move the arm of the valve by hand and make sure it moves ok and smoothly and that it also springs back ok.

Yeah, it moves okay by hand, starting to think that something isn't on correctly at the other end (where it joins the throttle). No movement in the cable until full throttle, and only a few degrees then. Would anyone have a picture of the cable joining the throttle assembly so I can make sure I've not got something backward?

Cheers for all the help!

yeh that looks about rite, will have to go out and check it all out again tomorrow in the light but just drove home and it really does make a difference! Loving every second of driving it now an dloving the sound it gives out as well!

Cheers for the help guys, really appreciate it, and also cheers to nick the flat mate for givin me a hand.

A pic, i know you've all seen it them before but im obsessed with it so will post anyway lol.

pic0084fi6.jpg

Cheers guys

jay

yeh that looks about rite, will have to go out and check it all out again tomorrow in the light but just drove home and it really does make a difference! Loving every second of driving it now an dloving the sound it gives out as well!

Cheers for the help guys, really appreciate it, and also cheers to nick the flat mate for givin me a hand.

A pic, i know you've all seen it them before but im obsessed with it so will post anyway lol.

pic0084fi6.jpg

Cheers guys

jay

Looking good Jay :D

Its to dark to really get an idea of how mine is set up....will check soon as I get chance.

Makes a big difference to the car though don't it Jay?

it should move nearly all the time so something might not be right at the other end - ill get a pic for you of mine.

oh on your question about the air temp sensor - you will need to extend the wires of the original sensor and make a circular hole in the induction tube. I made the hole large enough to fit the rubber grommet that is on the TTE airbox and then put the sensor in the grommet.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links