Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

B & M Short Shifter

Rob

hi all,

for those that have the short shifter - do you find that it vibrates quite a bit on acceleration esp at the higher rev range? mine has always done it but now it is getting annoying. I had a play and found if i hold the gear knob and try to rotate it clockwise then the gear stick does move a little.

i am going to get rid of it very soon anyway but i suspect all that has happened is the plastic cap on the end has worn away a bit so very easily fixed.

i'm sure someone removed the noise by sealing the join with foam or something

this happened to me with another one of my cars, well sort of anyway. Being a joiner i had expanding foam in the boot, blasted some of that in, put it on quickly and left it for an hour, was completly solid after.

May prove difficult to get off again but least it'll be quiet lol.

It only ever vibrated when it was in 6th in mine mate, it was fine in all the other gears?

Not sure but when I initially fitted it the thing was as tight as a badgers arse, I took it back out and lubed it and it made a huge difference, might be worth trying a bit more on it fella to see if that makes any difference as well as what Barrie is on about?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links