Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Under Sealing The Car

ALI_1

is there any point under sealing the car i use to do it to all my cars mind you thay were all old cars and use to take a whole day but did stop it from rusting . my lexus is 02 so do you think i should under seal it or not bother. and is there anywhere where i could get it underseiled from and how much would it cost

is there any point under sealing the car i use to do it to all my cars mind you thay were all old cars and use to take a whole day but did stop it from rusting . my lexus is 02 so do you think i should under seal it or not bother. and is there anywhere where i could get it underseiled from and how much would it cost

i wouldn't bother, unless you live by the sea, or plan on keeping the lex until it becomes a vintage, but then again, if it gives you peace of mind, then do it...

i wouldn't bother, unless you live by the sea, or plan on keeping the lex until it becomes a vintage, but then again, if it gives you peace of mind, then do it...

prob will keep it for ever its the best car iv had and want to keep it in tip top condition most the old cars i had were kinda rusty so am thinking prevention better then cure

• 1 month later...

Can recommend WaxOil - you can buy a variety of kits to help you do the job you want. Never heard anyone say a bad word about this prodcut (my father used it on his new PUG 405 back in 1994) never a creak of groan was ever heard from the car and absolutely no issues about rusted this or rusted that - always looked clean and tidy underneath and gave him great peace of mind :)

I would say save your money for other things like more frequent oil (and filter!) changes as an example.

Why not Waxoyl it underneath, not as dirty as underseal......

I remember plugging the drain channels in the sills of my rebuilt MGB Roadster and filling them with Waxoyl then draining it out. However, four years later the rust bug had taken hold again...I think the cars from that era were designed to be biodegradable :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links